April 27, 2024, 07:19:10 PM

Author Topic: General LF Discussion  (Read 1128609 times)

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: General LF Discussion
« Reply #3465 on: September 05, 2011, 07:35:34 PM »
Pardon me if this has been answered countless times, but does anybody know why TWC's music is still a bit iffy? As for me, I haven't heard songs like "Supernova" since the playlist issue after Irene, and I just heard a morning song that I'm not too particularly fond of at 6:28 CT. Moreover, I'm just wondering if this will be fixed before/if a Sept. playlist gets released.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #3466 on: September 05, 2011, 07:37:58 PM »
Pardon me if this has been answered countless times, but does anybody know why TWC's music is still a bit iffy? As for me, I haven't heard songs like "Supernova" since the playlist issue after Irene, and I just heard a morning song that I'm not too particularly fond of at 6:28 CT. Moreover, I'm just wondering if this will be fixed before/if a Sept. playlist gets released.

The playlist issues must still be occurring

Is anyone else's TWC feed of audio and video out of sync right now?

Yeah:
My Movie
I dont think thats possible in what Trevor was describing, because in your video the audio of the output is out of sync (including the STAR audio).. because what he meant was just the national audio, in which STAR audio wouldnt be affected  :blink:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 07:39:48 PM by Zach »
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #3467 on: September 05, 2011, 07:42:08 PM »
Last week or so, I heard Supernova in the morning. :blink:
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

jazzlover93

« Reply #3468 on: September 05, 2011, 07:48:47 PM »
Last week or so, I heard Supernova in the morning. :blink:
That's crazy. Hopefully all these randomization issues are fixed once the September/October playlist rolls out.

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: September 05, 2011, 07:59:54 PM »

Yeah:
My Movie
I dont think thats possible in what Trevor was describing, because in your video the audio of the output is out of sync (including the STAR audio).. because what he meant was just the national audio, in which STAR audio wouldnt be affected  :blink:

Actually, it was almost exactly what was featured in his video. Except mine was definitely an issue with my cable box, because when I rewound the DVR, it corrected itself.

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: September 05, 2011, 08:02:41 PM »
I'm wondering why Jung at Heart has been playing so rarely now. It used to play all the time, especially on 2:00 flavors.
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #3471 on: September 05, 2011, 08:18:50 PM »

There may have been copyright issues with some of the songs, which might explain why some songs are not playing or haven't been heard in awhile (removed from playlist).

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #3472 on: September 05, 2011, 09:03:08 PM »

The playlist issues must still be occurring

Yeah:
My Movie

I think my problem was related to Windows Media Center. Every time I run WMC it causes my computer to have a virtual stroke. It is really starting to tick me off, and I have no alternative other than the Pinnacle software that came with the tuner, which causes the computer to have a heart attack, a stroke, and then a clot (in such a case, the clot would come before the stroke or heart attack).

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #3473 on: September 05, 2011, 10:02:43 PM »

There may have been copyright issues with some of the songs, which might explain why some songs are not playing or haven't been heard in awhile (removed from playlist).
That's absurd, I've never heard of such a thing happening. The least they can do is to revert back to the August/September 2010 playlist again. :P

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #3474 on: September 05, 2011, 10:19:06 PM »
That's absurd, I've never heard of such a thing happening. The least they can do is to revert back to the August/September 2010 playlist again. :P

Not if TWC's rights to the music have already run out.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #3475 on: September 05, 2011, 10:26:57 PM »
I'm hoping they would run their rights out for the songs in this playlist. Would just be another reason for them to go back to monthlies

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #3476 on: September 05, 2011, 10:36:32 PM »

I could believe that, but I couldn't imagine them losing rights to Ryan Farish's music or Chris Geith for that matter, yet Explosions in the Sky, Boney James, and Craig Chaquico are still being used with no problems. I would think they would lose rights to these artists too.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: September 05, 2011, 10:48:41 PM »
I have a feeling the playlist could start tomorrow since it's the first Tuesday of the month. It could probably start in the overnight like the March/April and May/June lists.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #3478 on: September 06, 2011, 02:01:36 PM »
I wonder how many members are really anticipating a new playlist  :bleh:

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #3479 on: September 06, 2011, 04:25:41 PM »
I wonder how many members are really anticipating a new playlist  :bleh:
I am.  :yes: I am starting to wonder if the playlist won't start till the middle of the month. This was a good playlist, but it is time for a new one.  It has been on since July 5, and the longer it is on, the less likable the playlist becomes.  :yawn:
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"