May 03, 2024, 02:51:01 AM

Author Topic: New Graphics coming to TWC  (Read 268968 times)

Offline ruhgster

• First Name: Ryan
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
Re: New Graphics coming to TWC
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2013, 09:47:32 AM »
I also have a fear weather all the time may not last, such as when the LDL stopped being shown all the time during longform previously.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2013, 09:56:42 AM »
Honestly, since I don't watch TWC anymore I can't say I'm for or against the changes... but in recent times I can't believe how much they made me feel like an infant by dumbing down terminology. Either use the actual meteorological terms or don't talk about them at all  <_<
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2013, 10:37:03 AM »
Honestly, since I don't watch TWC anymore I can't say I'm for or against the changes... but in recent times I can't believe how much they made me feel like an infant by dumbing down terminology. Either use the actual meteorological terms or don't talk about them at all  <_<
Ugh.  How bout that "Day/Night Satellite?"  It is a little frustrating to me as well, but that's kind of the way things are headed.  I got ripped for saying "occluded front" one time, even after an explanation.

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2013, 11:24:38 AM »
Sounds like TWC is interested in long-form programming more than the live stuff.  :itsok:  Even if they plan to run the new LDL 24/7 during those blocks (long-form), I still wouldn't watch the shows unless there is a weather event happening in my area and then I would check to see what the conditions are for my area.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:26:24 AM by TWCJim »
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2013, 11:36:35 AM »
My theory is maybe TWC will be working on the studio until the last minute.  So, some OCMs could be training with the new set/graphics during the extended longform. The OCMs most likely know what's happening and I would be totally shocked if any layoffs comes from Weather All The Time. Meaning The All the regular OCM's will still get airtime. TWC took their time building the HD Studio This feels very quick to me so maybe the need all the time they can get.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2013, 12:48:32 PM »
I also have a fear weather all the time may not last, such as when the LDL stopped being shown all the time during longform previously.

I doubt it, that would completely defeat the entire purpose of doing the concept in the first place.

In fact, I honestly and personally believe it will have the opposite effect, you're getting weather info literally 24/7 which is what people want (I would assume, I would anyway)  :P
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:51:42 PM by toxictwister00 »

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2013, 01:09:35 PM »
TWC cutting more live programming from its schedule does not surprise me.  Unfortunately, the "Weather All the Time" will be coming at a price, with more of a loss of live programming.  This probably helps TWC save money, as they are not utilizing the studio as often.  However, viewers will still be getting weather 24/7, so no one can really say it's not justifiable.  Yes, I would rather see live programming, but in this day in age, it's just dwindling.  I am just curious how long-form will be formatted.  Remember TWC went from showing the LDL on long-form all the time then an L-Bar for the LOT8s, to the LDL only for a LOT8s.  Hopefully "Weather all the Time" really does mean weather all the time! :hammer:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2013, 01:23:27 PM »
Disappointing, but we saw this coming. I thought it was mentioned earlier this year, they had wanted to expand longform to 3 hours during the primetime hours, so cutting WCL during that time made sense. TWC continues to lose money, so all this weather info should be present if they're going to add more longform as a way to build up an audience and increase revenue at the same time. Possibly, there will be no need for a primetime and overnight playlist now because of this change.

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2013, 01:29:25 PM »
I wonder how many commericals TWC needs to show? Would be intresting if TWC could do a live update every brake. Would make longform easier to watch.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2013, 01:40:09 PM »
The problem I have with them cutting live programming at the cost of longform is how they keep the OCM(s) there on standby regardless. It happens whenever they go to extended longform as well for the two major holidays that are coming up.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »
The recent posts on the CG Alaska FB page say new episodes Monday at 10pm ET but the cover photo says 9pm ET.
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1395355_692195120790784_1486649810_n.jpg

Offline TWCC_VernonMetcalf

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • SD Channel #: 56
  • SD WxStar ID #: 24788
« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »
Whoever is involved in posting information about the new episodes on that page does not seem to be aware that Daylight Savings Time is supposed to end overnight into Sunday morning.

Offline brandonmahaffey85

• Avid Weather Channel Watcher
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 441
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22826
  • WxScan Ch. #: 17
« Reply #192 on: October 29, 2013, 10:09:21 PM »
I went through Zap2it.com and the guide took me through Tuesday the 12 only up until 8pm. After 8pm no programming shows. But for the rest of the day it has Morning Rush starting at 7am, WUWA at 10am,  Day Planner at 11am, long-form starting at 2pm, then WCL at 5pm - 8pm. No new shows names yet. Maybe zap2it will update the show names as the day gets closer. Because I do know some show names are supposed to change.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:11:41 PM by brandonmahaffey85 »
Brandon Mahaffey

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2013, 10:19:45 PM »
I went through Zap2it.com and the guide took me through Tuesday the 12 only up until 8pm. After 8pm no programming shows. But for the rest of the day it has Morning Rush starting at 7am, WUWA at 10am,  Day Planner at 11am, long-form starting at 2pm, then WCL at 5pm - 8pm. No new shows names yet. Maybe zap2it will update the show names as the day gets closer. Because I do know some show names are supposed to change.
Can you tell us which shows and the names?

Is Al leaving TWC? Wishful thinking I know, but really, how long is his contract?

Offline GEAUXmedic

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 29, 2013, 10:29:41 PM »
TV listings are given ahead of time, and usually don't change until the day of, if not day after programming changes.