April 27, 2024, 12:21:07 PM

Author Topic: General LF Discussion  (Read 1128120 times)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: General LF Discussion
« Reply #4140 on: May 16, 2012, 04:14:18 PM »
How many signatures did you get back then? 1,000 doesn't seem like a high enough number to catch anyone's attention. :no:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #4141 on: May 16, 2012, 04:30:02 PM »
How many signatures did you get back then? 1,000 doesn't seem like a high enough number to catch anyone's attention. :no:
I agree with you. I heard somewhere though that 500 complaints is the minimum to change the issue that is causing the complaint

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #4142 on: May 16, 2012, 04:39:04 PM »
I know for a fact that Patrick has asked you guys to quit complaining about the music here.. but I'm gonna be honest and add my two-cents: don't watch TWC if you hate their current stage! Complaining does nothing to solve the problem at all, and remember that we are only a portion of their viewership.. It's their channel, so they can do whatever they want to it, and if they don't want to use smooth jazz and new age music during the local forecast, then they don't have to... There are other sources of music for you people to listen to, and you should really take advantage of that! TWC is not the only place for you to hear music on, so get over the complaining! It's been almost 5 months now. Do you think TWC is going to change? I doubt so very much!

As for the petition, it may have only worked in 2009 because of the discretion of their programming director. TWC may indeed have a different programming director than they did 3 years ago, but remember this: if they keep the format, it apparently works. End of rant.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: May 16, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »
My last petition worked, so here's another shot at it.

I signed the petition  :biggrin:

:facepalm:

Guys, I'm really sorry, but I'm going to need to say a few things too.  First of all, why can't you all be open to change?  Wouldn't it get boring if things were the same way all the time?  Maybe parallel TWC not changing the music to TWC not changing its graphics...ever.  Sometimes, change is a good thing.

Also, I'm afraid if you all keep bugging TWC about this, then they're going to do the exact opposite of what you want them to do and start ignoring you.  I wish you all would give them a break and let them make their decisions.  Sometimes it is best to not know what's going on and let them make their own decisions (yes, I know a lot of them haven't been good ones, but I still have faith in TWC! :P)

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #4144 on: May 16, 2012, 06:22:49 PM »
Guys, you all need to learn that petitioning a company/organzation isn't worth the time. They make the decision they want to make and you have little to no power. They're the "boss", you're his  :censored:. Figure that out and you'll be better off.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:24:59 PM by Donovan »

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #4145 on: May 16, 2012, 07:53:51 PM »
If TWC never brings smooth jazz back, big deal.  :itsok: I obviously would prefer that, and I am as perturbed as everyone else, but, there are other venues to listen to, and we can reminisce on the great years that TWC has had. I have enjoyed watching TWC for the better part of 17 years, and will still look at the forecasts when they do air. Just like I miss when MTV actually showed videos, and Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney showed better programming, you just have to accept that as time moves on things change.  :yes:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:57:26 PM by TampaMillTWC88 »
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #4146 on: May 16, 2012, 08:17:33 PM »

if i remember it was a couple hundred, the 1000 was default it should be saying 500.

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
« Reply #4147 on: May 16, 2012, 09:24:44 PM »
All I want is TWC to respect their elders, their names are Weatherstar 4000, Weatherstar Junior, and WeatherStar XL. They can start by either telling cable companies to put them out of commission or actually air LFs since they don't air those L-Bars.

Seriously? You've got it backwards, my friend. TWC is THEIR elder. They made the 4000, the Junior, or the XL. TWC holds NO, and I will repeat, NO requirements or conditions to what they "need" to do with their units-it's their property, and their channel. They do NOT answer to you, to me, or to any of us. You wanna "teach them a lesson" so-to-speak? Turn them off. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #4148 on: May 16, 2012, 10:14:10 PM »
While I know complaining doesn't solve anything, I don't see what's wrong with trying a petition. TWC inevitably branches away from jazz time after time, but if this really worked in 2009 (I wasn't aware there was a petition in 2009), then why not try if someone has enough desire to make one?

We're also entitled to opinion, both positive and negative. I honestly don't like the new music (none of us do, I can tell), but we should be able to discuss the music without being labeled as music sentimentalists. Saying stuff like, "I want to kill TWC and NBC because of their music" is out of line and stupid, but discussing it and saying, "The new genres don't seem to fit the Local Forecast because the vocals don't accompany the narration well" is totally logical and acceptable conversation on a message board. I'm not trying to be a moderator or anything, but that's how I feel about this music discussion, and I think some people overreact way too much to this kind of thing.  :hmm:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:16:07 PM by twcfan68 »

phw115wvwx

« Reply #4149 on: May 16, 2012, 10:41:38 PM »
Christina, this whole issue is so old that it's not even funny.  Everyone has already made their opinions on this matter loud and clear multiple times.  Now, let's move on!  The local forecast isn't all about the music, yet I see the same things repeated over and over even after several members have asked for it to stop, including myself. <_<  Some of you still don't get it that TWC is going to do whatever benefits them as they're a private sector company.  Their job is not to provide good music, good graphics, or good weather coverage.  It's to make good ratings and a good profit just like any other private corporation, period!

I've already sent a PM to Martin about this thread, and he and I will decide what actions to take on this matter from here.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #4150 on: May 17, 2012, 11:19:09 AM »
As Patrick said this issue has been repeated many many times. There is nothing wrong with enjoying the content from the past years of TWC. Some of you are just going to have to accept that TWC is moving in a new direction, as is EVERY other television channel in existence. The network isn't doing this just to spite you and loyal viewers. It's trying to find a balance that more people will enjoy. Christina you are right that everyone is entitled to their opinion but when the topic has been repeated over and over again its time to stop. Most of the people discussing this have made their opinions clear in various other topics and posts. What has changed to warrant the discussion? The topic of discussion has been going on for years. Clearly nothing has or will change. Albert Einstein once said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Some of you may want to keep that in mind.

If you wish to start a petition well more power to you. I will be frank in saying they don't work but believe what you like. If you want to have any impact at all I suggest you make your comments over here http://feedback.weather.com/ 

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #4151 on: May 17, 2012, 08:02:29 PM »
On the last LF, I heard the narration say "Cooler near the lakeshore." Has anyone heard the is narration before?
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
« Reply #4152 on: May 17, 2012, 08:23:05 PM »
On the last LF, I heard the narration say "Cooler near the lakeshore." Has anyone heard the is narration before?

I have not. However, I feel it is definitely a nice (and accurate) touch.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #4153 on: May 17, 2012, 09:41:38 PM »
Anyone ever seen this happen before? (Skip to 0:15 in)

Graphics FAIL During Local Forecast

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #4154 on: May 18, 2012, 12:07:40 PM »
If TWC sees it that way, then they will change it. As for me, it's something I can get used to if I just accept it. After all, it's still the local forecast. I actually like to mute it and play jazz on my iPod from time to time.

Very weird glitch, Tavores! No, I have never seen that before. I mainly watch my IS2, however, and it does not seem to glitch nearly as often as the IS would.