April 27, 2024, 10:49:03 AM

Author Topic: General LF Discussion  (Read 1128022 times)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: General LF Discussion
« Reply #4110 on: May 10, 2012, 03:08:37 PM »
More new songs have aired, but they're all vocal.

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

I hope TWC's ratings go down the toilet because of this bull :censored:  music change.
Believe me: they won't. They are attempting to appeal to a younger audience and so far it seems to be working
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #4111 on: May 10, 2012, 04:06:47 PM »
How do you know it's working? If new music actually works, then I guess I can't blame them. I can't believe that would really make much of a difference.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: May 10, 2012, 04:11:52 PM »
Here we go again with everyone being overdramatic. :rolleyes:  Let me ask you guys a question: why do you hate vocal music?  It is because it's just not TWC?  Well, TWC hasn't been "itself" in years, so get over it.  One big thing is that the locals and narration are a bad combo, and I'm aware of that.  I just don't understand why everyone is freaking out.  It's not like they got rid of the LOT8s.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #4113 on: May 10, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »
The banter on the music changes was hilarious 3 years ago, fast forward to now and it feels like I'm reading into a never ending soap opera with cheesy horse beaten story plots, only entertaining to read into when I get tired of breaking into random people's cars.

Disclaimer: This is a sarcastic post for those who don't pick up on it easily, don't take what I say to heart.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: May 10, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »
About the Widespread Panic song discussion from earlier, Javier uploaded a clip from today of the song, and it still has vocals..

Here we go again with everyone being overdramatic. :rolleyes:  Let me ask you guys a question: why do you hate vocal music?  It is because it's just not TWC?  Well, TWC hasn't been "itself" in years, so get over it.  One big thing is that the locals and narration are a bad combo, and I'm aware of that.  I just don't understand why everyone is freaking out.  It's not like they got rid of the LOT8s.
Wow, I would have to agree with that. :clap:

How do you know it's working?
Believe me, they would have stopped it in February or March if it didnt work.. :thumbsup:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

phw115wvwx

« Reply #4115 on: May 10, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »
Apparently, everyone forgot to read my post about this matter in another thread from ten days ago that was meant to serve as a warning.  So, here's the link to that post again:

https://twctodayforums.com/forums/local-forecast/marchapril-playlist-2012/msg169828/#msg169828

Quit complaining and whining as it does nothing but ruin the experience for everyone else on these forums!  You can't do anything about what TWC does with the music as it's a private-sector company that's only interested in drawing ratings and profit, which means they're going to appeal to the vast majority of viewers whether we like it or not.  You can find plenty of resources to listen to the music you enjoy even if you're not into mainstream music.  I'm not wild about the music decisions either, but I'm not constantly bickering and fuming about it.  So, if any of the administrators or moderators here have to intervene again on this matter, we will take action as all of us are getting sick and tired of the repetitive complaining on such old issues that we don't want to discuss them anymore. :club:

All of you have your right to voice your opinions on this matter, which you all have already done multiple times.  Now, get over it, move on, and let's talk about something positive about the LF for a change!  Life is going to continue no matter what TWC decides to do with the music.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: May 10, 2012, 06:22:27 PM »
You can find plenty of resources to listen to the music you enjoy even if you're not into mainstream music.
It's sad though that even the selection of that is going down.. the wav is like the only place left and I won't be surprised if that station is losing money too.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #4117 on: May 10, 2012, 06:27:25 PM »
It's sad though that even the selection of that is going down.. the wav is like the only place left and I won't be surprised if that station is losing money too.
Then, I would try to buy CDs and show some support for the artists so that they can survive and continue making music you enjoy.  If you don't have as much money, you can also use YT to make a library of all your favorite songs to download as mp3s and place them in your iPods or any other device you have.  I just want all the complaining to stop here as it's something we've all discussed for years, and it's really not worth our time and effort to keep hounding on it.  We should be thankful that TWC even provided us music to enjoy in the first place. ;)

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #4118 on: May 10, 2012, 09:50:47 PM »
This sounds like a decent song TWC would play (mainly the first minute.)

http://www.rocktownhall.com/RockTownHall/03-Flying.mp3

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #4119 on: May 10, 2012, 10:21:11 PM »
I don't mind the music change, the only problem is the Vocal Music playing over the IS/IS2 Narration.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: May 13, 2012, 01:13:09 PM »
Here's the FiOS STAR from Tampa, FL

The Weather Channel - Local on the 8s for Tampa, FL

IMO, the metro map could use some adjustment (move slightly to the east a little) and its regional radar is a bit more zoomed in than 24629's

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: May 14, 2012, 10:10:49 AM »
I haven't heard a song with vocals in it for a while. Maybe it's extreme coincidence but most of yesterday and every LF I caught today had no vocals...

Offline Patricius Maximus

• View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: May 14, 2012, 10:48:48 AM »
That Intellistar's metro map needs to be shifted quite a ways to the east - there's no point to showing that much water. Some of the Great Lakes Intellistars are an example of what I'm talking about. The regional radar and the radar/satellite also need to be zoomed out more.

Maybe it's extreme coincidence but most of yesterday and every LF I caught today had no vocals...

One can only hope that the vocals will be vanquished.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #4123 on: May 14, 2012, 11:19:38 AM »
No vocals didn't last very long, Maroon 5 @ 11:18am

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: May 14, 2012, 11:20:35 AM »
Heh, I was about to say. I didn't hear them all morning before that one! Maybe they'll be less frequent or something.