April 27, 2024, 10:55:54 AM

Author Topic: General LF Discussion  (Read 1128031 times)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: General LF Discussion
« Reply #3915 on: January 29, 2012, 11:01:20 PM »

Along with StumbleAudioJazz's clips, Farish apparently might be the new emergency feed music.

Is this the end of Trammell on TWC?   :cry3:

Oh well, he had a great 16 year run. :itsok:
Ditto. :itsok:

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #3916 on: January 29, 2012, 11:21:40 PM »

Along with StumbleAudioJazz's clips, Farish apparently might be the new emergency feed music.

Oh well, he had a great 16 year run. :itsok:
Ditto. :itsok:

Yikes! :o  I am going to miss Trammell; after 16 years, they're really going to replace his music?!  The emergency feed isn't a regular thing to be shown anyway, so what's the point in updating the music?  Now we can't talk about "Trammell Sightings" anymore...oh I'm sad. :cry:  Maybe it was just a fluke.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #3917 on: January 29, 2012, 11:42:11 PM »
Yes, that's true, too. Just like how jazz is gone and the LFs are reduced, it's too soon to come up with any radical conclusions. TWC is known to change their content upon viewer complaints/feedback so we're just going to see how these experiments carry out for the time-being

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #3918 on: January 30, 2012, 01:07:06 AM »
TWC Satellite Emergency feed from January 2012
Clip courtesy of MrDaniel789

Well TWC has made it clear they are going to ditch the jazz, so it appears that Trammell music is gone.  :( I also hear Oscillate Wildly used as emergency feed music. And as Tavares said, it has been a great 16 year run of Trammell.  ;) Now I wonder what the Intellistar emergency feed music is. It was rather refreshing to hear classics like When Summer Comes and South of Market return for several weeks during longform.
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #3919 on: January 30, 2012, 12:04:37 PM »
TWC Satellite Emergency feed from January 2012
Clip courtesy of MrDaniel789

Well TWC has made it clear they are going to ditch the jazz, so it appears that Trammell music is gone.  :( I also hear Oscillate Wildly used as emergency feed music. And as Tavares said, it has been a great 16 year run of Trammell.  ;) Now I wonder what the Intellistar emergency feed music is. It was rather refreshing to hear classics like When Summer Comes and South of Market return for several weeks during longform.

Look on the bright side though, Trammell is NOT completely gone from TWC. Six songs of his still play on Weatherscan.  :thumbsup:
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #3920 on: January 30, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »

Until Tyler or Martin or other reliable source confirms that there is indeed a new STAR platform, I think we need to be patient and not hold our breath.  Rumors can go a long way, and what if this is one of them?

why would you think the reply it's a rumor? i bet if you asked your cable company you'd get a reply about the platform too.

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #3921 on: January 30, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »
Now I wonder what the Intellistar emergency feed music is. It was rather refreshing to hear classics like When Summer Comes and South of Market return for several weeks during longform.
I doubt they touch them. TWC hardly ever uses the dual-feed anymore, so why bother going through all the work to send out a potentially-troublesome software update to every domestic IntelliStar to change something that gets heard maybe once every three months if you're lucky?
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #3922 on: January 30, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »

Until Tyler or Martin or other reliable source confirms that there is indeed a new STAR platform, I think we need to be patient and not hold our breath.  Rumors can go a long way, and what if this is one of them?

why would you think the reply it's a rumor? i bet if you asked your cable company you'd get a reply about the platform too.

You can't really take that for gospel either, they could be telling you what you want to hear, not actually knowing what you're talking about. If there's a new STAR in the works, great, but I need more solid proof evidence of this.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: January 30, 2012, 04:50:34 PM »

Well Alex, if I asked my "cable" company about a new STAR platform, they would probably scratch their heads and wonder what the heck I was talking about, considering my provider is AT&T U-verse and they don't even have a STAR! :rofl:

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #3924 on: January 30, 2012, 04:57:59 PM »

Well Alex, if I asked my "cable" company about a new STAR platform, they would probably scratch their heads and wonder what the heck I was talking about, considering my provider is AT&T U-verse and they don't even have a STAR! :rofl:

That's something that has always bothered me about them. AT&T U-Verse is supposed to be a cable company right? I don't think it's right that they don't provide a local forecast (STAR), they should be required to do so. Every other cable company (and DirecTV) does so why can't they do the same? Eventhough I can get the forecasts online, I may not have access to the internet or no local news might not be on, I would want to be able to have the ability to see a local forecast and not a national one.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline spinnerwv

• View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 28
  • SD WxStar ID #: 03028
« Reply #3925 on: January 30, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »
I emailed Shentel this afternoon here is their reply....

Nice to hear from you, Jimmy.

My engineers said they are not sure of a particular product name, however, Weather Channel engineers told us that they are working on a new platform.  I believe that they said the device would be based on the “Intellistar” platform, but that it would be a completely new platform and not named after the “Intellistar” platform or the “Weather Star” platform.  They said that it would be based off of their HD feed and would allow for HD Local Forecasts.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Cindy

Her last sentence sorta confused me.  Don't know if she meant that the new STAR will mirror the graphics they use on the HD STAR or they are going letterbox (like fox and cnn) on the SD feed. 

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #3926 on: January 30, 2012, 06:37:27 PM »

See I didn't know you had Uverse :P I meant i'd be better if you ask your cable companies director of public relations since they are in close contact with local headend techs.

Her last sentence sorta confused me.  Don't know if she meant that the new STAR will mirror the graphics they use on the HD STAR or they are going letterbox (like fox and cnn) on the SD feed.

from that email it looks to sound like it would mirror the HD Star.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:17:13 AM by gt1racerlHDl »

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: February 04, 2012, 11:20:57 AM »
Dont think fog has ever been seen on the new SD SLF O_o

I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #3928 on: February 04, 2012, 11:33:04 AM »

I'm certain I've seen fog before on the current SD SLF but I can't remember  :no:
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #3929 on: February 04, 2012, 06:49:02 PM »

I'm certain I've seen fog before on the current SD SLF but I can't remember  :no:
I've seen it several times already.
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper