April 27, 2024, 05:46:11 PM

Author Topic: General LF Discussion  (Read 1128497 times)

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: General LF Discussion
« Reply #3690 on: October 10, 2011, 10:30:59 PM »
So if the L-Bar forecast is gone, does this mean regular locals are returning. TWC needs to make up their :censored: minds on what they are going to do unless they are still "testing" whatever the heck they were testing.

I'll tell you what they were testing... they were testing a loaded baked potato hock-loogie Mariokart Wii cheddar cheese and sour cream beef dog corn  :censored:.
They were obviously testing a concept and apparently viewers werent pleased, so they do have reasons behind what they do :rolleyes:

To be honest, I didn't think the average viewer cared that much about a full screen LOT8s. Then again, I remember Cantore saying that the LOT8s was the number one reason why people tune to The Weather Channel. So I'm confused! :wacko:

Bottom line is, the regular locals are back and unless we get confirmation from one of our trusty sources, I guess we can assume this is a permanent change (for the better)...

Offline KevOwensby

• View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 2002
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31755
  • SD Channel #: 2
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22909
  • WxScan Ch. #: 270
  • WxScan ID #: 31067
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #3691 on: October 10, 2011, 10:35:10 PM »
Um, it was said previously that the squeezeback is having some changes made to it and will resume when they're worked out. Don't know what they are, don't know why, just that it will be back.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #3692 on: October 10, 2011, 10:50:20 PM »
I will find out and check myself..I am skeptical that the reversion back to full screen locals is permanent. Something just doesn't seem right here.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #3693 on: October 10, 2011, 10:50:49 PM »
The Weather Channel without local forecasts is just not The Weather Channel, period.  L-bars just don't cut it.  Even more so when a mere LDL replaces the local forecast segment.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #3694 on: October 11, 2011, 12:39:29 AM »
Um, it was said previously that the squeezeback is having some changes made to it and will resume when they're worked out. Don't know what they are, don't know why, just that it will be back.

Oh that's right...duh. :wall: For some reason it just seems like such a long time ago when Tyler made this post below (in the General TWC Discussion thread). And I think I misread a post above to where I thought the L-Bar was brought back after the "changes" but then discontinued again.

The locals will be temporarily coming back during all live programming until they can fix a few things and send out an update. Then the squeezeback will return for :08/:18/:38/:48, and the locals will only play at :28/:58.

So, for those confused (including myself :P), the L-Bar is still temporarily disabled to "fix a few things." Like Vic, I was skeptical about the full screen locals as well.

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #3695 on: October 11, 2011, 12:43:07 AM »

Oh that's right...duh. :wall: For some reason it just seems like such a long time ago when Tyler made this post below (in the General TWC Discussion thread). And I think I misread a post above to where I thought the L-Bar was brought back after the "changes" but then discontinued again.

The locals will be temporarily coming back during all live programming until they can fix a few things and send out an update. Then the squeezeback will return for :08/:18/:38/:48, and the locals will only play at :28/:58.

So, for those confused (including myself :P), the L-Bar is still temporarily disabled to "fix a few things." Like Vic, I was skeptical about the full screen locals as well.

Well, we just gotta enjoy it while it lasts, I guess... :hmm:
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #3696 on: October 11, 2011, 12:56:32 AM »
The only way i could see the :08 and :38 2 minutes coming back is if Tru View Max Traffic is added. about the LBar i was told it was a test and viewer input was needed to either (keep it or remove it by the testing group) so anything other than that is pure speculation.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: October 11, 2011, 08:41:52 AM »
The only way i could see the :08 and :38 2 minutes coming back is if Tru View Max Traffic is added. about the LBar i was told it was a test and viewer input was needed to either (keep it or remove it by the testing group) so anything other than that is pure speculation.

Your source? We should go by confirmation, not what one sees

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3698 on: October 11, 2011, 08:58:37 AM »
T fulkerson: The Local Bar is in a Testing Phase, it should be a mixture of both Full Screen Locals and the Localized Bar. that was sometime in September so testing may have concluded by now.

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
« Reply #3699 on: October 11, 2011, 10:18:03 PM »
I notice on my SD feed the TWC logo on the L bar does not line up with the logo on the TWC feed.
It's showing to the left and top behind the logo on the L Bar.
Is this how it normally is?

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: October 11, 2011, 11:49:37 PM »
I notice on my SD feed the TWC logo on the L bar does not line up with the logo on the TWC feed.
It's showing to the left and top behind the logo on the L Bar.
Is this how it normally is?

Wow, you have the same Intellistar that I have. :o The headend is from Newark, though, I don't think Teterboro has their own Fios headend. Does your intellistar look like this? And yes, I saw this a few weeks ago and it was out of place. Not only that,but the local forecast keeps kicking in 5 seconds late.

Newark Intellistar 3/3 8-8-11

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
« Reply #3701 on: October 12, 2011, 07:03:53 PM »
Yes I have the same local forecast. FiOS only has one local forecast for NJ VH07.

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #3702 on: October 12, 2011, 10:25:04 PM »
What exactly is your obsession with Tru View Max Traffic and TWC?

Also, the reason the L-bar has temporarily disappeared has nothing to do with group testing at this point. There are a few things they are working out (as I already said), then it will return.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3703 on: October 12, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »

It's not really an obsession (i don't know where you got that idea from), all i'm basically saying is it would just be nice to see Traffic again on TWC sometime soon.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: October 12, 2011, 11:56:26 PM »

It's not really an obsession (i don't know where you got that idea from), all i'm basically saying is it would just be nice to see Traffic again on TWC sometime soon.
Alex, you've been makings posts here in this thread and elsewhere (I believe the IS2, General TWC Discussion) about Tru Max. Tyler obviously didn't mention anything about traffic, so he has a valid point about your obsession. If TWC has no interest in bringing traffic products back seeing that their contract with TrafficPulse expired, what would motivate them to use another service? I think the local forecasts are fine without the traffic products. I, never, have used the traffic products on the Local forecast as a method of finding our traffic. There's a reason why the radio, more specifically, FM traffic radio, exists. ;)