April 28, 2024, 03:02:52 AM

Author Topic: General LF Discussion  (Read 1129137 times)

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: General LF Discussion
« Reply #3615 on: September 18, 2011, 07:29:19 PM »
I was wondering the same thing, if there is anymore future changes to this format I will be sure to post them.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #3616 on: September 18, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »
Honestly, I dislike the idea of having the squeezeback running in place of the LFs.. its not because Im an avid fan wanting my LOT8s in full screen, but even with my HDTV on the HD feed, I cant even read the text up in the corner of the national broadcast :no:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: September 18, 2011, 08:11:55 PM »
VHS Quality: WeatherSTAR 4000 LF on September 18 at 2pm

Check out the redraw at 0:50 (go to 0:48 for full view)

So I guess you're whole "TWC is removed from my lineup" thing is out the window...

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #3618 on: September 18, 2011, 09:24:53 PM »
No, did you see the post I made on The Front Porch? I stated I'd be posting several more LF videos and they'd be my final ones for a while. I'm uploading the last one and they're all going to be at my artwork and creations topic.

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #3619 on: September 19, 2011, 10:30:44 AM »
So all live TWC programs but Wake Up With Al use the L-bar that is presumably gonna replace the 90-second flavors permanently? Why use the L-bar at all if you're not going to use it one program?   <_<
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #3620 on: September 19, 2011, 11:02:23 AM »
So all live TWC programs but Wake Up With Al use the L-bar that is presumably gonna replace the 90-second flavors permanently? Why use the L-bar at all if you're not going to use it one program?   <_<
Also it isn't used on YWT either.
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #3621 on: September 19, 2011, 11:20:49 AM »
There has to be some sort of ratings spread that lead to this radical change

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #3622 on: September 19, 2011, 01:23:43 PM »
Probably because the locals are more valuable during the morning.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #3623 on: September 19, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »
The ratings should go down. There's really no point in watching TWC anymore. It's not just good anymore. The L-Bar was the tipping point for me. This IS permanent. They aren't testing this. They been using the L-Bar quite often even before this  :censored: happened. Like for Hurricane Irene, they were using it. We can rule out testing because they have been using the L-Bar for a long time now. I've been tuning into TWC everyday to see if they reverted back. Obviously not.
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline tpirfan28

• Ultimate Member
  • Site Designer Extraordinare!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #3624 on: September 20, 2011, 05:33:46 PM »
My problem with TWC is a lack of access to products in this current age.  If it's 12-after the hour and I want to see a radar, I either have to wait six minutes (or trending toward 8 now)........or change the channel to my local station's wx subchannel that runs a radar every couple minutes (and gives a local weather update with a meteorologist every 10-15 minutes).

Personally I think it's time for TWC to completely ax the classic Local AND the lower line for a complete Weatherscan-type format...programming constantly surrounded by an L-bar with constant radar and wx information (unless there are special circumstances, like a hurricane).

(apologizes to the ownership for the mess created by my post...I'll clean up the exploded heads.)

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: September 20, 2011, 05:40:56 PM »
My problem with TWC is a lack of access to products in this current age.  If it's 12-after the hour and I want to see a radar, I either have to wait six minutes (or trending toward 8 now)........or change the channel to my local station's wx subchannel that runs a radar every couple minutes (and gives a local weather update with a meteorologist every 10-15 minutes).

Personally I think it's time for TWC to completely ax the classic Local AND the lower line for a complete Weatherscan-type format...programming constantly surrounded by an L-bar with constant radar and wx information (unless there are special circumstances, like a hurricane).

(apologizes to the ownership for the mess created by my post...I'll clean up the exploded heads.)

The Weather Channel is no longer a channel concerning LIVE weather, rather REALITY SHOWS. As I have said before, they're turning into MTV, VH1, and such channels. It'd take time and effort to do this - and they won't do ANYTHING like this with the XL or 4000. Know how the L-Bar is? Think of it like that, except 24/7 with an XL/4000/Jr. I'd be content if they would do something with the XL and L-Bar.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #3626 on: September 20, 2011, 06:26:28 PM »
Not to mention the IS2 has been put to waste..

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: September 20, 2011, 06:39:42 PM »

I am starting to think that's where they're headed, too. :yes: A lot of stations now a days have a format like this, with an L-Bar simultaneously running with live programming.

In all honestly, what would this hurt if TWC has a 24-hour L-Bar? Playlists? I think TWC could survive without them. The IS2? That would certainly be a waste of money, so this may be a problem. Lack of local weather information? If TWC goes this route, they should re-design the L-Bar to include more information and local information for XL viewers.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: September 20, 2011, 07:14:28 PM »
Makes me think that cable companies are at fault now for not having the budget to get the IS  :P

If this is indeed the way for TWC now, I really wish DirecTV and TWC could get off their butts and enhance the LF app to include a squeezeback-safe one, since IMO, lack of seeing the LF app they designed 2 years ago is also a waste  :ermm:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Austin M.

• View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: September 20, 2011, 07:52:38 PM »
I think they should continue showing the LF every thirty minutes as they are now and do the 24hr L-Bar, but what would that mean for the HD studio on an SD feed? Already seems cramped as it is now... sigh.