April 27, 2024, 07:28:47 PM

Author Topic: General LF Discussion  (Read 1128624 times)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: General LF Discussion
« Reply #2775 on: June 02, 2010, 08:29:40 PM »
I didn't say viewer's didn't like or pay attention to the music. I'm just saying the average viewer won't notice if the playlist goes more than a month without changing.
I'd hate to argue with that, but back in early 2008 when I was one of those "average viewers", even I noticed the music changing.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #2776 on: June 02, 2010, 08:44:11 PM »
My favorite playlist was in the early 1990s, at the end of the "You need us for everything you do" era.  I still remember my favorite songs.  I can't identify them here, but if I heard them, I'll immediately be able to tell you which ones.

Offline kswx29

• Ultimate Member
  • Dylan
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 2002
  • SD Channel #: 002
« Reply #2777 on: June 03, 2010, 12:43:35 PM »
Is it just me or is the local forecast coming on at :09 after...and rushing through.  I don't tend to watch TWC's LF except at night, and it always seems to come on at :09 and like rush through all the sections.  I barely have time to read the local conditions (of other towns) before it's movin on.
Member of TWCC since '05

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #2778 on: June 05, 2010, 04:52:13 PM »
I wish the June playlist starts already. I'm getting tired of playlists ending and starting late and then continues as a crappy bimonthly playlist, which gets boring after a while. :thumbdown: It's not the same anymore with playlists starting on the first day of the month (last time they did this was March 2009 playlist). This is the reasons why TWC needs to go back to monthly playlists and never do any crappy bimonthly playlists again :hammer: :club:. Overall, this year's playlists are horrible (all of them are bimonthly).

* Felix wish that the next playlist starts.
I feel for ya, and the lack of smooth jazz and the repeats. Maybe when the HD Star comes out, music will be a priority for them once again.

Yeah, it seems this current playlist will never end. I don't think we'll see monthy playlists again.  :cry3: TWC has become very unpredictible, if not erratic with their playlists. In fact, I'll say that TWC has become reckless with their music. The new playlist could begin next week, but I would not be surprised if the playlist may not begin until mid-June, if even that soon.  :(  Also, the repeats and reduced smooth jazz is gettin really annoying. It has been a year since TWC came up with the bright idea to change their music format, and I am not satisfied with the change at all.  :club: It seems TWC is completely averse to playing smooth jazz in the morning, and especially the primetime. In the primetime, all we hear is crappy soundtrack music, and dinky soft rock.  :angry: What makes it worse is that primetime is the longest daypart!!!!!!  If TWC knows what's good for them, they'll overhaul this new format, and play smooth jazz regularly and predominantly again.
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #2779 on: June 05, 2010, 05:22:41 PM »
I wish the June playlist starts already. I'm getting tired of playlists ending and starting late and then continues as a crappy bimonthly playlist, which gets boring after a while. :thumbdown: It's not the same anymore with playlists starting on the first day of the month (last time they did this was March 2009 playlist). This is the reasons why TWC needs to go back to monthly playlists and never do any crappy bimonthly playlists again :hammer: :club:. Overall, this year's playlists are horrible (all of them are bimonthly).

I feel for ya, and the lack of smooth jazz and the repeats. Maybe when the HD Star comes out, music will be a priority for them once again.

Yeah, it seems this current playlist will never end. I don't think we'll see monthy playlists again.  :cry3: TWC has become very unpredictible, if not erratic with their playlists. In fact, I'll say that TWC has become reckless with their music. The new playlist could begin next week, but I would not be surprised if the playlist may not begin until mid-June, if even that soon.  :(  Also, the repeats and reduced smooth jazz is gettin really annoying. It has been a year since TWC came up with the bright idea to change their music format, and I am not satisfied with the change at all.  :club: It seems TWC is completely averse to playing smooth jazz in the morning, and especially the primetime. In the primetime, all we hear is crappy soundtrack music, and dinky soft rock.  :angry: What makes it worse is that primetime is the longest daypart!!!!!!  If TWC knows what's good for them, they'll overhaul this new format, and play smooth jazz regularly and predominantly again.
Why don't you write a kind letter to them? This can certainly help

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #2780 on: June 07, 2010, 12:50:55 PM »

Why don't you write a kind letter to them? This can certainly help

If the June/July playlist is subpar or worse, I just might do that.
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #2781 on: June 07, 2010, 02:10:35 PM »
A letter?  :rolleyes:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #2782 on: June 07, 2010, 02:21:30 PM »
I agree. If TWC doesn't respond to emails, why would they listen to letters. :P
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #2783 on: June 07, 2010, 04:07:35 PM »
umm you were the one who suggested it last year.. :whistling:

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #2784 on: June 07, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
umm you were the one who suggested it last year.. :whistling:
Did anybody do it? Probably not. At this point in the game its not worth it

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #2785 on: June 07, 2010, 10:38:23 PM »
I don't mind the current playlist, but I think that that the smooth jazz is a more suitable theme for the Local Forecasts. As long as the music's good, then I don't care how often they change the music. Hehe. But I do, too, believe that changing the playlist monthly makes a lot of sense. If TWC doesn't care about the music, it would be great if we could arrange the monthly playlists here and send it to them. But that probably will never happen.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:43:17 PM by twcfan68 »

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #2786 on: June 08, 2010, 03:13:36 PM »
Whoever decided to add "movie themes" to the music genre of TWC really needs to rethink about that.

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #2787 on: June 08, 2010, 08:38:52 PM »
Anyone ever see everything on the Almanac on the IntelliStar totally missing?

My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #2788 on: June 08, 2010, 08:43:34 PM »
Anyone ever see everything on the Almanac on the IntelliStar totally missing?

I've seen the layer not fading in underneath the information several times, but I have not seen what you're showing in the picture :blink:
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: June 08, 2010, 09:06:38 PM »
Wow - I've never seen an Almanac page without data!  That information is supposed to be generated from within the Intellistar unit itself, based on geographic location, so it's "technically" not supposed to ever expire, since it can be created even without a data feed from TWC.

Guess this picture proved my theory wrong!