April 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM

Author Topic: General LF Discussion  (Read 1128295 times)

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: General LF Discussion
« Reply #2700 on: May 07, 2010, 02:52:17 PM »
Continued requests make different STAR Team members look at the STAR, and the area served, which inevitability means changes.
Right, and I can understand that, but it becomes a problem when the area's main airport has next to no love or mention on our Intellistar.
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #2701 on: May 07, 2010, 03:05:50 PM »
The average viewer doesn't really care about the observation at the airport. They'd rather see info for somewhere closer to them.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #2702 on: May 07, 2010, 04:26:19 PM »
The average viewer doesn't really care about the observation at the airport. They'd rather see info for somewhere closer to them.
So then, is it really necessary to have "Lansing" and Dtwn Lansing" both within the 8 city? Not to mention this Intellistar does serve areas near and north of the airport ;)

And what exactly compelled them to simplify the almanac name again, when I had already had it lengthened?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 04:52:09 PM by wxntrafficfan »
TWC in...

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2703 on: May 07, 2010, 04:46:54 PM »
And what exactly compelled them to simplify the almanac name again, when I had already had it lengthened?
I stated weeks ago they are moving toward using just city names, no airport names, no "downtown," no "area" or "metro" etc.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: May 07, 2010, 06:19:53 PM »
Continued requests make different STAR Team members look at the STAR, and the area served, which inevitability means changes.
I thought Tony Fulkerson was the only person who monitored the boards? Or is he just a public relations guy who forwards the requests to the actual tech people?

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #2705 on: May 07, 2010, 07:42:35 PM »
Whats disturbing to me is that you care so much about the names on a weather forecast on TV. Get over it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Ill tell you how many people care about these changes". 1 person and thats you. Nobody wants to hear your incessant whining about how your star isn't perfect. Take it somewhere else

This response from you actually surprises me.  :hmm:

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #2706 on: May 07, 2010, 08:12:15 PM »
Whats disturbing to me is that you care so much about the names on a weather forecast on TV. Get over it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Ill tell you how many people care about these changes". 1 person and thats you. Nobody wants to hear your incessant whining about how your star isn't perfect. Take it somewhere else

This response from you actually surprises me.  :hmm:
I do apologize if I offended you. Most everyone here is able to exercise self control when asking for changes and modified content. This unfortunately is not one of those cases and its results could hinder the approval of changes made by others. Its perfectly ok to request a change here or there to the TWC STAR team but when you do it all the time its not fair to them or other members.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #2707 on: May 07, 2010, 08:41:19 PM »
Guys, I shouldn't have made the requests that I did. But now some issues are going on behind the scenes that are too difficult to handle. I would appreciate it though if my issues with requests, the administration, and the STAR team, stay just between me and them. Please no one else get involved, since it really isn't anyone else's issue.
TWC in...

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: May 07, 2010, 08:44:22 PM »
I do apologize if I offended you. Most everyone here is able to exercise self control when asking for changes and modified content. This unfortunately is not one of those cases and its results could hinder the approval of changes made by others. Its perfectly ok to request a change here or there to the TWC STAR team but when you do it all the time its not fair to them or other members.

What you said here is, in my opinion, a polite, respectful, and yet firm way of dealing with the situation.  I think you just let your temper get the best of you earlier.  I agree that discretion is very important, especially considering the tech folks at The Weather Channel are nice enough to come here and read the message board.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: May 07, 2010, 08:46:17 PM »
Guys, I shouldn't have made the requests that I did. But now some issues are going on behind the scenes that are too difficult to handle. I would appreciate it though if my issues with requests, the administration, and the STAR team, stay just between me and them. Please no one else get involved, since it really isn't anyone else's issue.

I think what must be remembered here is that, as much as some may want it to be, the Stars aren't our own personal "toys," and, even though we watch them umpteen times a day, it doesn't mean we get to tweak them to show exactly what we want them to show.  There are a whole lot of other people who watch them, too, and the needs of only an occasional TWC viewer are no less important than the needs of a constant viewer.  The Star techs have to keep everyone in mind, and, while pleasing everyone just isn't possible, I think they do a pretty good job of keeping as many people happy as possible.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #2710 on: May 07, 2010, 08:53:31 PM »

I think what must be remembered here is that, as much as some may want it to be, the Stars aren't our own personal "toys," and, even though we watch them umpteen times a day, it doesn't mean we get to tweak them to show exactly what we want them to show.  There are a whole lot of other people who watch them, too, and the needs of only an occasional TWC viewer are no less important than the needs of a constant viewer.  The Star techs have to keep everyone in mind, and, while pleasing everyone just isn't possible, I think they do a pretty good job of keeping as many people happy as possible.
That's pretty impressive, and all the more correct. That had finally begun to occur to me, which was why I stopped making actual requests. I simply asked for some glitches to be fixed, and more was screwed up. But let's just drop this. It's done, and what I've caused is my own issue.
TWC in...

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: May 07, 2010, 09:22:25 PM »
I couldn't have said it better myself. :clap:

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2712 on: May 07, 2010, 10:39:14 PM »
I thought Tony Fulkerson was the only person who monitored the boards?
No, other STAR members monitor the boards as well.

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
« Reply #2713 on: May 07, 2010, 11:51:45 PM »
Not to take off from this little topic going on there, but is anyone else getting a dual-feed update?

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: May 08, 2010, 02:56:33 PM »
Wow, I'm finally getting local radio stations on my station ID again, about time!