June 03, 2024, 09:14:58 PM

Author Topic: Comcast Sucks.  (Read 75515 times)

Offline wxmancanada

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Comcast Sucks.
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2008, 04:22:41 PM »

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2008, 04:25:41 PM »
What is so funny? :huh:

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2008, 08:08:55 PM »
Stupid Crapcast is freezing up and blacking out worse than Satellite. It's getting worse and worse as the months go by. Anybody have a torch so I can burn their headquarters down?  :devil:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
    • Thecoolwriter's Facebook
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2008, 08:10:31 PM »
Oh my goodness!
You know, I would do the same thing because Comcast is just flat-out no good.  :no:

Offline WeatherSTARIII

• TWC fan 1991-2005
  • Legacy STAR fan
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2008, 01:24:09 AM »
The other day, I tryed to disconecting our cable hook-up. I already broke the digital cable box on accendent. :doh: I was trying to look at the inside by taking apart the case, but I was unable to because they used some special type of screws.  :doh2: We don't even have those tools. My parents work at AT&T and we only have their internet and phone service. What's not avaiable is U-Verse and were stuck with Comcast. I've tryed to disconect our cable hook-up from all of our TVs. I even knew where the master hook-up was. I tryed to disconect in time, but I got in trouble with my mom.  :wacko:
Classic TWC, Weatherscan, legacy WeatherSTARs, and classic Prevue/TV Guide fan.

R.I.P. Weatherscan: 1999-2022

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2008, 08:55:19 AM »
I'm trying desperately to understand what your trying to say, but I just can't.  :wacko:

Iwill say one thing though-you shouldn't be farting with your cable box. They can can probably charge you for tampering with their equipment.

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2008, 11:04:22 AM »
Iwill say one thing though-you shouldn't be farting with your cable box. They can can probably charge you for tampering with their equipment.
Yeah, you can get in SERIOUS trouble for doing that.
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2008, 06:49:38 PM »
Well in my area, we used to have Garden State Cable, which was good. One of the plusses was if you forgot to pay your cable and it got cut off, every channel tuned would be the weather channel, hehe. It used to be on Channel 34. When Comcast bought out GSC in 2000, it moved to Channel 57 shortly thereafter. My area switched to the IntelliStar when it was released March 2004.

Now, for some reason, my headend isn't pulling the proper IntelliStar unit for some reason. It is pulling a unit from Woodbury or something, and it's ticking me off very much. I would much prefer the Camden area one that I had been getting since 2006. :angry:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2008, 07:09:19 PM »
Well in my area, we used to have Garden State Cable, which was good. One of the plusses was if you forgot to pay your cable and it got cut off, every channel tuned would be the weather channel, hehe. It used to be on Channel 34. When Comcast bought out GSC in 2000, it moved to Channel 57 shortly thereafter. My area switched to the IntelliStar when it was released March 2004.

Now, for some reason, my headend isn't pulling the proper IntelliStar unit for some reason. It is pulling a unit from Woodbury or something, and it's ticking me off very much. I would much prefer the Camden area one that I had been getting since 2006. :angry:

That's interesting...up until the early 00's TWC was on 34 here on Comcast in Baltimore also.  :cool3:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2008, 08:19:00 PM »
Since 2006? What forecasts did you get before then?

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2008, 09:22:23 PM »
Since 2006? What forecasts did you get before then?
Philadelphia, which is where their headquarters are. I think it was sometime shortly after the dramatic relaunch of August 2005 when the switchover occured.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 09:24:32 PM by jtmal0723 »

Offline WeatherSTARIII

• TWC fan 1991-2005
  • Legacy STAR fan
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2008, 04:52:51 AM »
I miss UA Cable, TCI, and Insight Communications.  :(
Classic TWC, Weatherscan, legacy WeatherSTARs, and classic Prevue/TV Guide fan.

R.I.P. Weatherscan: 1999-2022

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2008, 05:57:34 AM »
Philadelphia, which is where their headquarters are. I think it was sometime shortly after the dramatic relaunch of August 2005 when the switchover occured.
Was your local weather ID the same? If so, then it was just your CC city that changed and nothing more. You didn't have a different IntelliStar. I'm pretty sure I've seen that Camden/Cherry Hill unit before the CC city changed to Camden in early 2006 (due to the addition of HiRAD technology).

The Weatherscan here was the same way. The current conditions city was Philadelphia while the forecast city was Cherry Hill. The CC city changed to Camden in May 2006, though the forecast city remained Cherry Hill until that December when that also changed to Camden.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 06:07:56 AM by MikeM2010 »

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2008, 02:14:33 PM »
Was your local weather ID the same? If so, then it was just your CC city that changed and nothing more. You didn't have a different IntelliStar. I'm pretty sure I've seen that Camden/Cherry Hill unit before the CC city changed to Camden in early 2006 (due to the addition of HiRAD technology).

The Weatherscan here was the same way. The current conditions city was Philadelphia while the forecast city was Cherry Hill. The CC city changed to Camden in May 2006, though the forecast city remained Cherry Hill until that December when that also changed to Camden.
The IntelliStar ID hadn't changed, you are correct. Since the IntelliStar's inception to my area in March 2004, it has always been 21873. The forecast city has changed. Hmmm.... I do know, that back in the day of WeatherSTAR XL, the ID was 00939, pulling the forecast for Philadelphia.

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2008, 08:27:11 PM »
Are you still getting this issue? If so, I'll go ask TWC's Star department about this for you. I've had a similar issue where I saw your IntelliStar awhile back, but it never lasted this long.