April 28, 2024, 06:06:36 AM

Author Topic: Logo ideas  (Read 20404 times)

Offline WIWeather

• View Profile
Re: Logo ideas
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2009, 02:57:40 PM »
Lookin' nice!  :thumbsup:
'When's the last time they had three black guys on the Weather channel?!' - Al Roker

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2009, 08:03:09 PM »
Not to be rude, but this new logo is rather large. Is there a way to make it slightly smaller? :dunno:

The design looks great, though! :biggrin:

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2009, 08:16:23 PM »
Not to be rude, but this new logo is rather large. Is there a way to make it slightly smaller? :dunno:

It would require me to start from scratch. I'm happy with it... :) I'll figure out the padding in the forum CSS file for Gary to tweak so that a few pixels could be gained back.

Offline Rico

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 304
  • SD Channel #: 304
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2009, 08:39:14 PM »

It would require me to start from scratch. I'm happy with it... :) I'll figure out the padding in the forum CSS file for Gary to tweak so that a few pixels could be gained back.
Also, it is off-blue,and I can't see off-colours. Can it be on a white platform?
When will you ever learn? -Judge Mathis

Join my TWCNow Page!!!
Child boo.

Few things are in place...

*My name is not Lamarr, or Lmarr. My name is Rico Jose Maldonado-Winchester. *If I am on thin ice, or on very thin ice, the ice should have broke by now. I am 275lbs and 6'6" tall. * I am here for keeping up appearances. I am not here for none of this bologna. Bologna is WeatherSCAN XL which is a conficker virus specially made to act as a weather e-instrument. Or one of them damn toolbars. They are a waste of time and baud. * Recurring posts that are pedant

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2009, 08:51:36 PM »

Also, it is off-blue,and I can't see off-colours. Can it be on a white platform?
I like the new design, and I think its the perfect size  :happy: what do you mean off-blue? It looks fine....

Offline Rico

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2009, 08:54:57 PM »

I like the new design, and I think its the perfect size  :happy: what do you mean off-blue? It looks fine....
I wear thick bi-focals and the computer is LCD. They don't go together. Maybe I can see it better with my pince-nez

Join my TWCNow Page!!!
Child boo.

*My name is not Lamarr, or Lmarr. My name is Rico Jose Maldonado-Winchester. *If I am on thin ice, or on very thin ice, the ice should have broke by now. I am 275lbs and 6'6" tall. * I am here for keeping up appearances. I am not here for none of this bologna. Bologna is WeatherSCAN XL which is a conficker virus specially made to act as a weather e-instrument. Or one of them damn toolbars. They are a waste of time and baud. * Recurring posts that are pedant

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2009, 11:05:22 PM »

It would require me to start from scratch. I'm happy with it... :)

How did I know you were going to say that? :whistling2:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2009, 11:32:39 PM »
I agree, it is a bit too big.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2009, 11:37:11 PM »
The only reason it appears large is because I have to play with the CSS file and send it Gary's way to fix the padding issues... that'll fix about 15 pixels. The logo is the perfect size for me :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 11:39:54 PM by jtmal0723 »

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2009, 11:46:17 PM »
I'm happy with the logo as is. Face it, you can't please all of the people all of the time.  B)

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2009, 11:55:14 PM »
I'm happy with the logo as is. Face it, you can't please all of the people all of the time.  B)
well said!  :biggrin:

Offline Rico

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2009, 12:01:47 AM »
Oh well. I never said, I didn't like it. I said I couldn't see it. I almost failed my CDL test cuz I couldn't see without my +3.00 glasses, and the LCD monitor ain't helping either. Lo Siento maestro. :happy:

Join my TWCNow Page!!!
Child boo.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2009, 07:02:29 AM »
For those who are nitpicky and would like the tweaks for their forum experience changed, view the attached screenshot, which has the necessary Stylish style sheet so you can make that tweak. It's only a 14 pixel gain.... As Gary has said, and I have said, I'm happy with the way things are now. So, this should help keep some of you nitpickers happy :P
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:05:23 AM by jtmal0723 »

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2009, 11:09:26 AM »
Because the old TWCT logo has been changed to this new and more professional-looking one since our last holiday, will we have any holiday logos anymore? :dunno: I would certainly hope we do. :yes: I would really miss the different logos for the holidays; they give TWCT more "pizzazz." :biggrin:

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2009, 06:34:28 PM »
Because the old TWCT logo has been changed to this new and more professional-looking one since our last holiday, will we have any holiday logos anymore? :dunno: I would certainly hope we do. :yes: I would really miss the different logos for the holidays; they give TWCT more "pizzazz." :biggrin:
There will be logos for holidays, don't worry  :yes: