June 06, 2024, 02:12:26 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1787962 times)

Offline narunetto

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 706
  • SD Channel #: 78
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #7455 on: March 23, 2009, 10:41:20 PM »
I've only been there once, but, Churches is pretty good.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #7456 on: March 23, 2009, 10:42:57 PM »
I was sleep and I was wondering...
"What if the following things went out of business? The Weather Channel, Best Buy, Cricket, and McDonalds?"

All I'm going to say is if McDonald's go out of business, then Church's Chicken will step up to the plate.

If the Church's Chicken here in my area closes down, then I have to travel 20 miles up north just to get fried chicken. In my opinion, they are way better than KFC. Best Buy? Highly doubt about it. I just bought my laptop from there.
What about Cricket, TWC and McDonald's? :dunno:

What's Cricket?
And...OMG if McDonalds goes out of business, there will be no more Happy meals!!!! :thrilled:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #7457 on: March 23, 2009, 10:48:13 PM »
McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, Taco Bell, Wendy's, they're way too large to be phased out this early... I think they'll survive the crash. As for the Weather Channel, I don't see that going away unless NBC decides it needs to go or NBC goes under.

Offline Lamarr

• View Profile
    • Lamarr's YouTube
  • SD Channel #: 41
« Reply #7458 on: March 23, 2009, 10:55:19 PM »
"What if the following things went out of business? The Weather Channel, Best Buy, Cricket, and McDonalds?"

All I'm going to say is if McDonald's go out of business, then Church's Chicken will step up to the plate.

If the Church's Chicken here in my area closes down, then I have to travel 20 miles up north just to get fried chicken. In my opinion, they are way better than KFC. Best Buy? Highly doubt about it. I just bought my laptop from there.

What's Cricket?
And...OMG if McDonalds goes out of business, there will be no more Happy meals!!!! :thrilled:
Cricket is the best phone company for teens. Talk all you want, text all you want for $45 a month. For $5 more, you can take your phone anywhere that offers Cricket or MetroPCS. They got cute phones, low priced, but the people at the service desk, they can act ratchet, so watch out for them.

Levi Strauss Jeans- so comfortable, will make you run from the police.
Snotty nosed persnickety little rude ass bitch.  BLOG TV SCHEDULED TIMES: Fridays (10:00p)

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: March 23, 2009, 11:54:21 PM »

What's Cricket?
Cricket is the best phone company for teens. Talk all you want, text all you want for $45 a month. For $5 more, you can take your phone anywhere that offers Cricket or MetroPCS. They got cute phones, low priced, but the people at the service desk, they can act ratchet, so watch out for them.

I heard that Metro PCS is pretty good. Too bad there's one where my future hubby lives and not in my area.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #7460 on: March 24, 2009, 12:03:01 AM »
5 years? That's not that old IMO.
3-5 years is actually the average usable lifespan of a computer, so my computer has been doing pretty well. :yes:

Says who? That's bunk.  :whistling:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: March 24, 2009, 02:44:18 AM »
hey... I can post here from my PSP!! kinda like texting but it gets tiring though
 :yawn:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #7462 on: March 24, 2009, 06:44:05 AM »
So I got a little bored.... I spent a few hours customizing and adding a bit of style to my Firefox... Now it looks as if Firefox, Google Chrome, and IE7 got together and had a bastardized child :blink: but I like it  :biggrin:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #7463 on: March 24, 2009, 07:50:23 AM »
LOL, Matt Marron has to be the biggest double talker I've ever met. I see he's no longer deleting his Front Porch/Pot Belly Stove threads at the end of each season as he was. Now, if I were Matt I'd be moaning that he was copying my ideas, as I've NEVER removed those threads, simply locked them at the change of seasons. Instead, I'll just assume that he's no longer willing to lose so many posts at the end of each season.  :rolleyes:

BTW, speaking of TWCC, I see that most threads there haven't been posted in in a couple of days. Has Lightning been banned, or has he finally run out of ways to spam the place?  :P

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7464 on: March 24, 2009, 08:08:07 AM »
LOL, Matt Marron has to be the biggest double talker I've ever met. I see he's no longer deleting his Front Porch/Pot Belly Stove threads at the end of each season as he was. Now, if I were Matt I'd be moaning that he was copying my ideas, as I've NEVER removed those threads, simply locked them at the change of seasons. Instead, I'll just assume that he's no longer willing to lose so many posts at the end of each season.  :rolleyes:

BTW, speaking of TWCC, I see that most threads there haven't been posted in in a couple of days. Has Lightning been banned, or has he finally run out of ways to spam the place?  :P
Yep, I think it's safe to say that that place is pretty much finished.
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline ruhgster

• First Name: Ryan
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #7465 on: March 24, 2009, 09:57:03 AM »
We had our first bout of severe weather in the area last night, where I live we got some wind that may have just barely passed severe criteria, but we had non-storm gusts in the afternoon and evening that were almost as strong.  Few tornadoes in the area, sadly a couple homes and a few farm buildings were leveled and a few injuries, but fortunately no deaths.

Offline Lamarr

• View Profile
    • Lamarr's YouTube
« Reply #7466 on: March 24, 2009, 12:42:20 PM »
As long as you are alright, everything can be replaced, but you can't be. Just thank God. :yes:

Snotty nosed persnickety little rude ass bitch.  BLOG TV SCHEDULED TIMES: Fridays (10:00p)

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: March 24, 2009, 12:49:09 PM »
Just got back from the dentist - No cavities. :biggrin:
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline ruhgster

• First Name: Ryan
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #7468 on: March 24, 2009, 12:51:50 PM »
Where I am we really didn't see any damage.  And yes, we really should thank God, the storm could have been a lot worse, one storm created a tornado and caused damage SW of Omaha, it lifted but stayed as a definite wall cloud with a funnel at times as it went over Omaha, then it dropped back down just NE of Omaha causing more damage into SW Iowa.  I haven't heard any ratings on this storm but it flattened at least one home on both sides of Omaha so it had some power behind it.

Offline Lamarr

• View Profile
    • Lamarr's YouTube
« Reply #7469 on: March 24, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »
Just got back from the dentist - No cavities. :biggrin:
Be happy. They stuck a footlong needle in my jaw full of lidocaine. It hurt. They drilled out the bad teeth, and I may have to go back. My filling went out while sleeping.
Forget that. I would buy a grill and wear it everywhere I go, just to not get lidocained again.