June 06, 2024, 04:18:40 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788214 times)

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #5460 on: May 01, 2008, 08:38:36 PM »
Grrrr!!! I don't know HOW it happened, but half of the plug of the AC adapter for my iBook, broke off inside the jack. Not only do I have virtually no backup computer,, but I have to buy a new AC adapter and DC board.  :furious:
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #5461 on: May 01, 2008, 08:40:32 PM »
I've had the DC board break off on many laptops, but Ive never had the AC adapter break off inside the jack.  :blink:

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: May 01, 2008, 08:43:44 PM »
I've had the DC board break off on many laptops, but Ive never had the AC adapter break off inside the jack.  :blink:
I'm as stunned as you are. I'm kind of upset, seeing as that's my favorite computer, and none of my other computers are suited for the things I need to do. It will be out of comission for at least 2 weeks :(
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline CartoonJazzLover

• Ultimate Member
  • Former TWC Fan (2003-2011)
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 52
« Reply #5463 on: May 01, 2008, 08:43:50 PM »
I took two years of Spanish in high school, so I speak it, albeit not too fluently. I can hold a basic conversation, so I suppose you could say I'm semi-fluent. For example (the wording, BTW will be right, but I don't know how to get Spanish symbols):

Me: Hola! Que tal?

You: Muy bien, por favor. E tu?

Me: Muy bien, por favor.

And so on and so forth. LOL, to be honest I'm surprised I've retained anything I learned in Spanish class. I always hated that class.  :lol:

Marylanders cannot speak spanish.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: May 01, 2008, 08:44:37 PM »
I took two years of Spanish in high school, so I speak it, albeit not too fluently. I can hold a basic conversation, so I suppose you could say I'm semi-fluent. For example (the wording, BTW will be right, but I don't know how to get Spanish symbols):

Me: Hola! Que tal?

You: Muy bien, por favor. E tu?

Me: Muy bien, por favor.

And so on and so forth. LOL, to be honest I'm surprised I've retained anything I learned in Spanish class. I always hated that class.  :lol:

Marylanders cannot speak spanish.

Pfft. I can, I just don't, and so was a little rusty.

Offline Logica

• Wrong Number
  • c:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: May 01, 2008, 09:13:06 PM »
I used to know Spanish, but i forgot how to speak it after some years.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #5466 on: May 01, 2008, 09:14:44 PM »
LOL I go to an advanced spanish class :P

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: May 02, 2008, 12:32:10 AM »
I just want to apologize real quick for what happened tonight. I went a bit overboard. However, as is always the case I did it for the site, and for you guys. I am so passionate about this site and making it the best it can be that sometimes I make some bad decisions in the interest of improving it. My heart, I think, was in the right place, I just went about things wrong. This was not personal against any of you guys (except of course Vernon, but he's been dealt with).

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: May 02, 2008, 12:39:06 AM »
Let's welcome our newest member, twcfansince98!  :sunglasses:  :welcome:

Offline Concentric Eyewall

• View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #5469 on: May 02, 2008, 01:08:24 AM »
I just want to apologize real quick for what happened tonight. I went a bit overboard. However, as is always the case I did it for the site, and for you guys. I am so passionate about this site and making it the best it can be that sometimes I make some bad decisions in the interest of improving it. My heart, I think, was in the right place, I just went about things wrong. This was not personal against any of you guys (except of course Vernon, but he's been dealt with).

Yeah, we all know how it is.  Nothing wrong with a little passion for your members.  Just don't let TWCToday end up like Enron and TWCClasics end up like Wal-Mart :D

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: May 02, 2008, 06:27:59 AM »
Let's welcome our newest member, twcfansince98!  B) :welcome:
Welcome! I happen to also be a member who has been a TWC fan since around 1998. B) :P

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: May 02, 2008, 09:36:43 AM »

Yeah, we all know how it is.  Nothing wrong with a little passion for your members.  Just don't let TWCToday end up like Enron and TWCClasics end up like Wal-Mart :D

I can certainly control what TWCT ends up like, but I can't do anything about TWCC. Matt, Tyler, and the TWCC members have made it quite clear what they want, and that's all there is to it.

The domain name expires in June, and I'm heavily considering not renewing. I have more important things to worry about (and consequently, spend money on) then a stupid website. I started this site for fun, and to offer a service that you guys were no longer getting. Well, here we are a year later, and I'm having no fun, and you guys have made it quite clear that your indifferent to the future of this site. Well then so am I.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #5472 on: May 02, 2008, 10:20:46 AM »
Let's welcome our newest member, twcfansince98!  B) :welcome:
Welcome! I happen to also be a member who has been a TWC fan since around 1998. B) :P
So have I :P I remembered the XLv1 very clearly to this date

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: May 02, 2008, 11:40:21 AM »

I can certainly control what TWCT ends up like, but I can't do anything about TWCC. Matt, Tyler, and the TWCC members have made it quite clear what they want, and that's all there is to it.

The domain name expires in June, and I'm heavily considering not renewing. I have more important things to worry about (and consequently, spend money on) then a stupid website. I started this site for fun, and to offer a service that you guys were no longer getting. Well, here we are a year later, and I'm having no fun, and you guys have made it quite clear that your indifferent to the future of this site. Well then so am I.

On second thought, the site won't be going anywhere. We're going to get through this just like we've gotten through every other obstacle.  :sunglasses:

Offline CartoonJazzLover

• Ultimate Member
  • Former TWC Fan (2003-2011)
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 52
« Reply #5474 on: May 02, 2008, 05:21:03 PM »
What is the largest capital city in the United States? I think Boston is. Am I right? Cause this my answer.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 05:23:59 PM by anthony97 »