April 28, 2024, 05:26:01 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1770590 times)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #14355 on: July 20, 2012, 10:16:50 AM »
My prayers and thoughts go out to those affected by this tragedy in Colorado.
Yeah, mine too. :hmm:

More info http://www.9news.com/news/article/278707/71/Shooting-in-Aurora-
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14356 on: July 20, 2012, 10:27:48 AM »
My prayers and thoughts go out to those affected by this tragedy in Colorado.
Yeah, mine too. :hmm:

More info http://www.9news.com/news/article/278707/71/Shooting-in-Aurora-

Me too. That is just so sad  :(

Don't some people like this idiot have better things to do then to go and shoot innocent people?
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #14357 on: July 20, 2012, 11:15:36 AM »
This was a terrible tragedy. Let me get this straight: according to a CNN article I read the guy shot 50 people?!?! Is he nuts?!?! They also concealed the theaters name ..though it mightve been mentioned somewhere. Sigh I haven't been to the movies in 3 years and this scenario    makes me a little more fearful now :/

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #14358 on: July 20, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »
I had to wake up to the news of this shootout. This tragedy is just appalling and terrible. :(

Let's hope justice takes its course with James Holmes.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:35:55 PM by Charismatic Applesauce »
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14359 on: July 20, 2012, 12:18:38 PM »
My prayers to out to the families of the victims. This reminds me of the Westroads Mall shooting back in 2007. So sad. :(

Also, for those interested, this is a live stream from 9NEWS in Colorado.

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14360 on: July 20, 2012, 02:46:46 PM »
Double post, sorry.

For those interested, I recorded the CBS News Special Report intro when they broke in for the press conference earlier this afternoon. This is the red version of the intro (I have always seen blue).

CBS Special Report Intro with Countdown (Red Version - HD)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14361 on: July 20, 2012, 07:44:30 PM »
This entire situation is very troubling and upsetting and I'm not just talking about with the shooter, I'm talking about his mother also who just happens to be a psychiatric nurse so she's specialized to deal with people who suffer from or show signs of mental illness and yet her response when the police call her is, "You've got the right person." WHAT? :huh: Since I don't know any further details from that, I'll reserve any further judgement on that statement, but if she knew her son was not in the right place mentally and if she didn't try to get him any help I personally think she's as responsible for what happened as he is. Nonetheless, my heart goes out to the families of victims who were injured or killed. :( It's interesting and amazing how in tragic events like this you hear stories of how some people chose not to go somewhere or they went to this place late which altered the outcome of what might have happened to them.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #14362 on: July 20, 2012, 09:20:26 PM »
Double post, sorry.

For those interested, I recorded the CBS News Special Report intro when they broke in for the press conference earlier this afternoon. This is the red version of the intro (I have always seen blue).

CBS Special Report Intro with Countdown (Red Version - HD)

When the Justice(s) upheld Obamacare, I saw the red version. I think they've used red for HD and blue for SD.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14363 on: July 21, 2012, 01:05:21 PM »
My local accuweather channel must be high this morning. They were playing Christmas tunes all throughout the night :huh: They still are playing Christmas songs....I think April Fool's Day is a little too late? :unsure:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14364 on: July 21, 2012, 01:35:49 PM »
My local accuweather channel must be high this morning. They were playing Christmas tunes all throughout the night :huh: They still are playing Christmas songs....I think April Fool's Day is a little too late? :unsure:
It's Christmas in July! :P
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCJim

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14365 on: July 21, 2012, 05:08:05 PM »
Just for laughs...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bob-Stokes-Weather-Channel-Signed-Auto-8x10-photo-/320851317777

IIRC, didn't he get sued for sexually harassing someone at TWC a few years back?  :unsure:

yep.

I thought so. Thanks for the clarification  :thumbsup:

Speaking of autographed photographs of TWC meteorologists, either former or current, I do have a photo of Jim Cantore I got from him a years ago, signed by the Can-man himself. I can scan and post the photo here if anyone wishes to see it.

Oh heck yes! I sent in one of those TWC autograph request forms about a year ago and never got one... I guess they did away with that!

Can't scan because my printer/scanner does appear to be working anymore  :no: 

I have a Canon MX870 printer and scanner, and I get this error message on the LED screen "Error 5012: Turn off power and try again. If problem still persists, check your manual for instructions." I turned it off again and again, nothing. Plus I had long lost my printer's manual. Then I tried looking online for answers and it turns out that I need to replace the flatbed motor on the scanner, which is costly. Does anyone here have a better solution to error #5012 instead of buying an expensive motor for my dead scanner?  :blink:
TWCJim's STAR Database

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #14366 on: July 21, 2012, 06:00:52 PM »
Just for laughs...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bob-Stokes-Weather-Channel-Signed-Auto-8x10-photo-/320851317777

IIRC, didn't he get sued for sexually harassing someone at TWC a few years back?  :unsure:

yep.

I thought so. Thanks for the clarification  :thumbsup:

Speaking of autographed photographs of TWC meteorologists, either former or current, I do have a photo of Jim Cantore I got from him a years ago, signed by the Can-man himself. I can scan and post the photo here if anyone wishes to see it.

Oh heck yes! I sent in one of those TWC autograph request forms about a year ago and never got one... I guess they did away with that!

I have a Canon MX870 printer and scanner, and I get this error message on the LED screen "Error 5012: Turn off power and try again. If problem still persists, check your manual for instructions." I turned it off again and again, nothing. Plus I had long lost my printer's manual. Then I tried looking online for answers and it turns out that I need to replace the flatbed motor on the scanner, which is costly. Does anyone here have a better solution to error #5012 instead of buying an expensive motor for my dead scanner?  :blink:

New printer  :biggrin:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14367 on: July 21, 2012, 09:02:58 PM »
It's Christmas in July! :P
Yes..that could be the case. I got so angry that I deleted the recording off of my DVR. If they continue playing xmas tunes tonight I will upload a clip of two on YT for comparison purposes tomorrow.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14368 on: July 21, 2012, 10:34:02 PM »
My prayers to out to the families of the victims. This reminds me of the Westroads Mall shooting back in 2007. So sad. :(

Also, for those interested, this is a live stream from 9NEWS in Colorado.
Anyone think security at movie theaters will become a nightmare now like at airports? :o

Offline TWCJim

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14369 on: July 21, 2012, 11:22:42 PM »

New printer  :biggrin:

Just what I did. Went to a WalMart eighty miles away from my house and bought a new Canon printer. I'm installing it as we speak  :thumbsup:
TWCJim's STAR Database