June 06, 2024, 02:38:28 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788011 times)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #14235 on: June 29, 2012, 11:18:45 AM »
Wow time sure does fly! Its been a fun five years   :biggrin:

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #14236 on: June 29, 2012, 12:47:19 PM »
Has anyone here tried out Chrome for iOS? I have to say, I'm pretty impressed by it so far. I like the way it handles tabs, and it's definitely better than the laggy, unstable mess Safari has become since iOS 5.
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14237 on: June 29, 2012, 01:05:21 PM »
I'm using it, but since iOS 6 will basically fuse Safari together with some of their apps, I may end up switching back when iOS 6 comes out.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14238 on: June 29, 2012, 06:31:05 PM »
How's everyone holding up in this heat? It sure is brutal outside!

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #14239 on: June 29, 2012, 06:38:10 PM »
What heat? I never knew it was hot down here... :bleh:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14240 on: June 29, 2012, 06:42:09 PM »
In the house with the A/C blastin' It's been holding steady at 103 (104 at the airport) for nearly 3 hours now. :blink: I'm starting to think these forecasts for us to fall into the upper 70s might be a few degrees too cool and we might not get out of the 80s tonight.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #14241 on: June 29, 2012, 07:50:48 PM »
I would be beta testing iOS 6 now... but I don't have the $99 to cough up for the dev program.

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14242 on: June 29, 2012, 08:34:13 PM »
I'm currently beta testing iOS 6...all you have to do is know a developer and they'll hook you up. You don't necessarily have to be a developer.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14243 on: June 29, 2012, 09:37:05 PM »
I would be beta testing iOS 6 now... but I don't have the $99 to cough up for the dev program.

Developers get 99 devices i believe per account so someone decided to setup a system in place to sell the leftover spaces. Its only 7 bucks

http://www.udidz.com/

Offline Stephen

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
« Reply #14244 on: June 29, 2012, 11:24:31 PM »
Wow, this past Monday (June 25th) was the 5th anniversary to TWC Today's forums being opened.. guess we've all been so busy or just simply forgotten to remember the date. :hmm:
I was actually thinking about that earlier this week... I knew the anniversary was coming up at some point but I didn't realize it was Monday. Five years sure went by quickly! :yes:

I've just been staying inside practically all day with the A/C cranked up. It got up to about 103 according to my TWC weather thermometer. I went outside a couple of times, though, and it was awful! I might as well have walked into an open flame. :wacko:

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14245 on: June 30, 2012, 12:49:54 AM »
I just had the craziest NWS shift in my career so far.  See the severe weather thread for more information on what I experienced.  It got really hot here as well, and we sure did pay for it.

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14246 on: June 30, 2012, 10:43:29 AM »
Last night, our site StormChaseTN was hacked and malware was embedded in all of the pages. I'm only telling you this because there is a link to the site in my signature, and when you click it...it should throw a red flag. So right now, DON'T click the link in my signature and ignore your browser's warnings. Stupid hackers >.>

EDIT: The malware is gone! You might still get a red flag because it has to be re-approved, but all the malware is gone so you can safely travel to the link in my signature.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:10:53 AM by Trevor »

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #14247 on: June 30, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »
I'm still receiving the malware warning on Chrome, but I'm glad you were able to decontaminate your site.  Sorry you had to go through that, though.

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14248 on: June 30, 2012, 11:58:12 AM »
I assume most of you can see through internet scams, but just a heads up that a variation of the Nigerian Prince scam is now going around. This is just a portion of a letter I got in my inbox. Ironically, this guy was stupid enough not to change continents.  :rofl2:
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #14249 on: June 30, 2012, 12:00:28 PM »
I have experienced the worst thunderstorm in my 15 years living on the shore. My parents and I woke up and evacuated to our basement because we thought a tornado came near our house. THe electricity went out, the house shook as if an earthquake struck and we heard what sounded like an Amtrak train crossing the street in front of our house. The lightning was incredible.....Nonstop lightning for almost 3 hours. When we heard the loud roar outside, our windows were almost buckling in from the wind and thunder was so loud that I thought the rumble alone could break something in our house. This was the first time we evacuated for anything. But there was no tornado. Either it was a microburst or some very nasty straight line winds that came thruogh our area because a tree came crashing down a few blocks from me. Also parts of our shingles have torn off from the wind.

I went to bed shortly after midnight and at around 1 was in a deep sleep when all of the sudden my bed (which is next to the window) starting shaking. I then noticed the air conditioner turned on and off at least 3 times. The lights started flickering and the window sounded like it was about to cave in. WHen I saw the lightning and wind outside, I bolted out of my bed fearing a tornado was near us and my parents at the same time ran out of their bedroom and all 3 of us were running downstairs to the basement because our house has never shaken so much from the wind. We didn't see much afterwards and I managed to take a video of the storm from my house but I'm not sure if I can upload it since the quality is not great.

I am without power right now along with, 170,000 other people in the area and we don't know when it'll be back. I'm in the library right now. 3 people in our area have been killed by the storm. This was definitely more scary then exciting...but I gotta admit: If this happened during the day it'd probably be the opposite xD
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/features/f7/nearly-in-south-jersey-without-power-after-powerful-storms-rake/article_fb9b6fe2-c27a-11e1-8cb9-001a4bcf887a.html