April 27, 2024, 05:28:04 AM

Author Topic: 9/11/01  (Read 4053 times)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
9/11/01
« on: September 11, 2008, 04:24:23 PM »
Well guys today is September 11. It is a solemn day after The World Trade Center, and a portion of the Pentagon were destroyed and thousand of lives were lost. God bless everyone and my condolences go out to families to lost loved ones on that day.

Offline TheRolyPoly

• Changing Newscasts - Founder, Owner, Blogposter / NPR Lover and Affiliate: 91.3 WLRN-FM / Public Media Fans
  • Ultimate Member
  • The Latest News about Local Newscasts.
    • View Profile
    • Changing Newscasts
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
Re: 9/11/01
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 04:29:52 PM »
That was a tragic day that we'll never forget
Roly (Twitter: @itsTheRolyPoly)
https://changingnewscasts.wordpress.com (Twitter: @ChangeNewsBlog)
Public Media Fans (Twitter: @PubMediaFans)
PBS and NPR in Miami = WPBT 2 (main), WLRN-TV 17 (secondary) and WXEL 42 (plus to WPBT) plus 91.3 WLRN-FM
https://seriousxm.substack.com (Twitter: @SeriousXM_News)

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 05:43:43 PM »
Where were you when the attacks occured? Tell your story!

I was just arriving at my 3rd Period class, Marketing. When I went in the classroom, the teacher, Mr. Sarcone, had the classroom television tuned to CBS. He said he was not going to teach that day, that we were to watch the TV instead. I saw smoke pouring from tower A, and thought at first that it was just on fire. But then Mr. Sarcone told us that the tower had been hit by an aircraft. It still hadn't occured to me that it was a terrorist attack. We watched and listened until the bell rang, and we went to our next classes. I was heading just a couple of doors down to World History. Before I even got to the classroom I heard someone shout that another airplane had hit the other tower. At that the hallways burst into panic. People were asking if a plane was going to hit something in our area, and was school going to get out early? Teachers tried to teach their 4th period classes, but by now it was getting very difficult. No one's attention was on learning, but rather on what was going on around us. After 4th period was lunch. In the cafeteria someone announced that a THIRD plane had struck the Pentagon. More panic. At this point the intercom was coming on every 5 seconds to announce the name of someone who needed to come to the office to be picked up by their parents. By the time lunch ended and 5th period began almost a hundred students were already gone, and more were leaving each minute. Then, about 15 minutes into the period the fire alarm went off. Panic? no. Sheer chaos. People were running down the hallways to get out of the building, while at the same time the AP was on the intercom shouting for everyone to get back in their classroom. About 15 minutes later after the chaos subsided some, the AP came back on the intercom and announced that school was closing as soon as the buses arrived. In about 15 minutes we were on our way home to watch with our families these terrible acts.

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 06:02:03 PM »
I don't even remember it. Though I do remember we, as a school, had to do a lame-ass patriotic singing thing.

I wonder what will happen on the 10th anniversary?

My aunt and uncle actually got married on 9/11/76. Their 25th anniversary was the day the attacks happened, and their 30th was on the 5th anniversary. Interesting, I suppose.
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
    • Thecoolwriter's Facebook
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 07:52:13 PM »
Yeah, I wonder how it would be three years from now myself.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 08:21:27 PM »
I was in 4th grade at the time of the attacks and wasn't aware of the story until I went home. There was no mention of it at school that day, and I didn't see anything unusual going on such as students leaving, etc. I didn't know about it until I arrived home shortly after 4PM that day.

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 08:23:47 PM »
I was in sixth grade, and I stayed home for some apparent reason.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 08:25:47 PM »
I had no idea there was even a terrorist attack. Everything at school was normal. I was in the 3rd grade back then.

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 08:28:02 PM »
Here's my 9/11/01 story. I was sitting in my 7th grade math class, and the principal came over the PA system and told us about the attacks. I believe it was about 10:30 am, and then we turned on the TV, and I remember the Today show was still on, and there was mass confusion about what had happened. I believe by that point both towers had fallen, and there were reports about something happening in Washington. The rest of the day, we didn't really do anything else but keep the TV on watching the news.

I was in 4th grade at the time of the attacks and wasn't aware of the story until I went home. There was no mention of it at school that day, and I didn't see anything unusual going on such as students leaving, etc. I didn't know about it until I arrived home shortly after 4PM that day.
Generally, they tend not to tell elementary schoolers these types of things in school...
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 08:30:12 PM »
They surely shoudn't.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 08:33:26 PM »

I was in the 3rd grade then, My teacher told us about the WTC being hit, but she didn't go into details, all she told us was that her husband was there and she was checking to make sure he was ok. I didn't get the full details until I got home and my grandma told me. It was like watching a horror movie happening live on tv.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 08:37:28 PM »
I know, I was shocked myself.
Back in the 90s, I always wanted to go and visit those towers, but never got a chance to.
Once I saw 9/11 unfolding on the TV, it was like a horror movie.

Offline NicoleWasHere

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • SD Channel #: 31
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 06:10:50 AM »
I was at school, 6th grade, and the principal came onto the loud speakers, and was saying things like 'don't turn on the tvs, because of what happened out east'.  So half the teachers didn't, but the other half did.  So by the end of the day, half knew what happened, the other half didn't, but everyone was still freaking out.

A friend of a friend, she hasn't been the same ever since 9/11/01, because her aunt was on one of the planes that crashed into the towers.  :(

NicoleWasHere

FacebookMySpaceYouTube

Offline Alejandro

• Rare and unknown music finder!
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC HD in 17 Days!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
  • HD Channel #: 4/21/10 on ch. 847
  • SD Channel #: 047
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245/845
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 12:43:18 PM »
I was also in 6th grade in my English class going over homework with the teacher when all of a sudden @ 8:52am ET the principle went on the intercom and said "we have just recieved word that one plane has hit WTC tower one and is on fire and no report of injuries yet but updates coming when we get them" so i sat there and im like wow why would this happen to us and then i looked around and talked to everyone in the class until the bell rung at 9:17am ET and i went to my next 2 classes Math and Music. then throughout the day i got constant updates about the planes and the buildings until i got out of school at 2:35pm ET and when i got home i saw it for myself my thoughts and prayers still go out to the innocent victims on this sad day you all will be greatly missed  :cry:

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 05:20:18 PM »
I was also not aware of the attacks until I got home.  I got home, and my grandpa was watching Katie Couric, which was odd, because Katie at the time was on in the mornings. He explained what happened, and I was in awe.  I couldn't believe it.  The next day the school said they didn't tell us because they didn't want to worry us.  A month later I went to a new school, and they were telling me that they watched the news all day (this was 5th grade, btw).