April 27, 2024, 03:35:31 AM

Author Topic: 9/11/01  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: 9/11/01
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 08:52:10 PM »
All I remember was watching The Today Show (I think) and eating... cheerios, was it? I was watching both towers burn. I was 4 so It is blurry.

Offline WeatherSTARIII

• TWC fan 1991-2005
  • Legacy STAR fan
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 02:00:20 AM »
Here's what I remembered that day:

I just turned 12 eleven days earlier. I was in 5th grade at the time and it all started when my P.E. class went outside to the softball field. Just like how it was in both New York City and Arlington, VA (the city from where the Pentegon got hit), it was a nice clear sunny day. My P.E. class was playing either baseball or softball (I can't remember), but when the bell ringed, we walked back to our homeroom.

As I walked by through one of the hallways, I saw a TV that was tuned to CBS and they were covering a special report. I didn't know what was going on. My teachers acted so calm that day, like it never happened. I knew something strange was going on.

Later that morning, I went to the office (but I can't remember why I went there). In the room that was next to the office, their was an open door that had another TV that was tuned to NBC. I still didn't know what was going on since their was a special report on TV.

Later that afternoon, my mom was picking me up from school. She even told what was going on to my Princepal. When I first heard about what was going on that morning, I orginaly thought that some plane crashed at a mall in New York City. Instead, I found out that the World Trade Center collaped, plus another plane crashed at the Pentegon and lastly, a third plane crashing in Pennsylvania. When I got to the van, we were listening to NPR. Then when we got home, I was watching the news all day and all night.

Speaking of news... I was woundering, did TWC interupt their 24 hour weather coverige with live news coverige from one of the news stations?
Classic TWC, Weatherscan, legacy WeatherSTARs, and classic Prevue/TV Guide fan.

R.I.P. Weatherscan: 1999-2022

Offline TheRolyPoly

• Changing Newscasts - Founder, Owner, Blogposter / NPR Lover and Affiliate: 91.3 WLRN-FM / Public Media Fans
  • Ultimate Member
  • The Latest News about Local Newscasts.
    • View Profile
    • Changing Newscasts
  • HD Channel #: N/A
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 08:40:26 AM »
Speaking of news... I was woundering, did TWC interupt their 24 hour weather coverige with live news coverige from one of the news stations?

TWC dosen't do that
Roly (Twitter: @itsTheRolyPoly)
https://changingnewscasts.wordpress.com (Twitter: @ChangeNewsBlog)
Public Media Fans (Twitter: @PubMediaFans)
PBS and NPR in Miami = WPBT 2 (main), WLRN-TV 17 (secondary) and WXEL 42 (plus to WPBT) plus 91.3 WLRN-FM
https://seriousxm.substack.com (Twitter: @SeriousXM_News)

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 08:57:20 AM »

TWC dosen't do that

I think they did.  :yes:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 10:40:29 AM »
I don't know if they did 24 hour coverage of the attacks, but they did air special 9/11 openers during the first month or so after the attacks, as well as lower thirds with American flag graphics that lasted for a year after 9/11.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 10:43:54 AM by MikeM2010 »

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 11:33:22 AM »
I'm pretty sure they showed coverage from CNN or one of the other networks from time to time.