June 06, 2024, 01:29:14 PM

Author Topic: DirecTV HD LF Error  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
DirecTV HD LF Error
« on: May 29, 2010, 11:24:11 AM »
Hi STAR Team,

I dunno if it's known since I just started seeing it this morning, but on a K Flavor (:18/:48), my HD DirecTV LF hasn't been cuing on the actual LF, it cues as the LF ends and one screen lasts 2-3 minutes at a time.

My receiver model is the DirecTV H23-600.

Thank you so much. :)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Spring Rubber

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: DirecTV HD LF Error
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 03:54:51 PM »
Zach, is the clock accurate on your receiver when this is happening? I have the same receiver, and lately during the morning hours, the receiver's clock will start to run slow by a few minutes, causing the LF timing to be screwed up. The clock fixes itself during the afternoon, or it can be fixed immediately by resetting the receiver.

On the other hand, I think I've seen a glitch like what you've described even when the clock is accurate, so maybe there's two separate glitches at hand here, and maybe the one you're seeing is the one not related to the clock. That would be especially true if the glitch you're seeing only happens at :18/:48. I don't think the clock would only happen to affect those two LFs. :P
<SpringRubber>   my gummy bears are hard
<SpringRubber>   :(
<SpringRubber>   PONY!
<kitty0723>    ADHD much?

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 04:30:52 PM »
It starts out with the Regional Obs screen, then almanac, and freezes at the Daypart Forecast. And what you mentioned, Steve, is that it only happens in morning hours.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Spring Rubber

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 10:08:32 PM »
Hmm, I saw some LFs starting with the regional obs screen this morning, but I didn't really think much of it. Haven't checked since then, though.
<SpringRubber>   my gummy bears are hard
<SpringRubber>   :(
<SpringRubber>   PONY!
<kitty0723>    ADHD much?