April 27, 2024, 12:57:36 AM

Author Topic: #23238 Request  (Read 1584 times)

vorticity

#23238 Request
« on: June 15, 2011, 04:24:32 AM »
STAR Team,

I have a few requests for STAR ID 23238.  Would it be possible to change a few cities on the 8 city obs page making it:

Antietam (if that doesn’t work then Clear Spring or Brunswick)
Boonsboro
Chambersburg
Frederick
Hancock
Martinsburg
Taneytown
Williamsport

I know the STAR doesn’t serve a few of these, but many are very close and report the same obs and one of them on there now isn’t even a town (Sandy Hook)

Thank you for your time and reading my suggestions.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:34:26 AM by vorticity »

Offline TWC STAR Team

• TWC Employee
  • Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: #23238 Request
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 09:19:42 AM »
I looked at the area served data we have and made some adjustments. Thanks.

Daniel

Re: #23238 Request
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:36:08 PM »
       I live in the area and watch TWC all the time and I noticed a change to the local on the 8s so I searched online and found this site which is neat! I do agree with you that the old list of cities was a better fit for our area with towns since it gave a look around the area surrounding us. I am not sure if TWC can change it back, but it would be nice to see Chambersburg, Frederick, Martinsburg, Thurmont and Hancock on there like you said because people actually live there. Middletown def. should go back to Frederick and Camp David taken off. no one lives there! Youre right, Antietam is a great historic spot! Those are known places.  What about Baltimore or Washington, DC since people work there?
I know the Montgomery County local has those on there and their towns are more spread out. They even have Frederick!

-I know Knoxville isn't even a designated town so hopefully they take that off the LDL and the 8 city list. If anything, Brunswick would be a better fit.

-And yea the local doppler is really packed with towns now. Several should be erased like you said.

-Glad to have come up on the site hope TWC takes our suggestions. Thanks TWC you guys are the best...keep up the good work!  :)

Daniel