April 27, 2024, 04:19:15 AM

Author Topic: VZ FiOS dropped TWC  (Read 32045 times)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: VZ FiOS dropped TWC
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2015, 11:40:50 PM »
Accuweather and TWC are truly sad, pathetic cases now. This back and forth stuff was cute for about a hot second, but at this point it's pity. What is this high school? I just hope this crap doesn't drag on like the DirecTV/TWC debacle did.

I think this pretty much sums up TWC/Accuweather's behaviors pretty well.
Maggie and Jake Argue - Family Guy - S06E02

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Weatherman99

• TWC was great! How about now?
    • View Profile
    • Weatherman99 on YouTube
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2015, 11:49:44 PM »
lol I agree. But this battle is rather entertaining IMO. I would love to see which awful channel will  get prospect and which channel is going to be nailed. What if TWC and AccuWeather get into a messaging fight? The possibilities are endless!

Oh and AccuWeather didn't show live coverage. It was still pre-recorded. So I'm not sure if that was just a hoax to get back at the weather channel.

Offline weatherfan_2013

• TWC Fan 2005 - 2012
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2015, 01:45:42 PM »
This is all just ridiculous. TWC acts like cry babies and does everything they can to start a war. Hey TWC, you fired over a 100 meteorologists and weather producers in the last 2 years. With that you can't reliably produce weather coverage enough. Its all half f(ass)t! While I agree severe wx should be covered, AccuWeather does have a point saying they're not in the market. I would've covered it but Accuwx is right either way for now.
So Accu still hasn't proved themselves yet. So let them fight, if they want to be that way let them suffer their own consequences
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:17:32 PM by weatherfan_2013 »

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2015, 09:01:27 PM »
Honestly, this is competition happening right before our eyes.  Before WN and AccuWeather, TWC was the only on-air weather "channel."  Now they've got competition, albeit very little as of right now since WN and AccuWeather are still very far behind TWC.  Of course, to deal with the competition it would be better for TWC to show more weather and cut long-form rather than use the pointing fingers ads and acting like children, but I guess that's just what they want to do.

Offline alex979

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 40
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2015, 11:11:27 PM »
Honestly, this is competition happening right before our eyes.  Before WN and AccuWeather, TWC was the only on-air weather "channel."  Now they've got competition, albeit very little as of right now since WN and AccuWeather are still very far behind TWC.  Of course, to deal with the competition it would be better for TWC to show more weather and cut long-form rather than use the pointing fingers ads and acting like children, but I guess that's just what they want to do.

I'm actually hoping that FIOS will bring back TWC and that some other providers will pick up Accuweather, so we can have some direct competition. Since no one currently has access to both networks on cable right now, there really isn't an opportunity for consumers to choose between the two, yet.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2015, 04:22:14 PM »

I'm actually hoping that FIOS will bring back TWC and that some other providers will pick up Accuweather, so we can have some direct competition. Since no one currently has access to both networks on cable right now, there really isn't an opportunity for consumers to choose between the two, yet.

Yes, that would be nice.  I believe DirecTV is the only provider right now that carries two weather channels: TWC and WN.  I'll be curious to figure out which one takes a bigger leap with its presentation: WN or AccuWeather   As I previously stated, both are very primitive when compared to TWC.

Offline weatherfan_2013

• TWC Fan 2005 - 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2015, 01:22:08 PM »
I am speechless  :rofl2:

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2015, 10:08:30 PM »
For anyone that FIOS, Any update on Accuweather. Are they doing better now? Are they live in the evenings?  There's been no buzz lately on if TWC will come back to FIOS

Offline Weatherman99

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2015, 11:25:43 PM »
It's mainly just forecasts. They added more locations to their weather scroll, but AccuWeather hasn't changed very much lately.

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2015, 11:32:07 PM »
I dont understand why they haven't removed channel 49 from the lineup (where Weatherscan used to be). They just have this image saying "This channel no longer exists." Why not remove it from the guide/lineup??

Offline Weatherman99

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2015, 12:14:15 AM »
Well there's a little pop-up for the Weatherbug widget that Verizon uses and it says "For your local forecast, press the FiOS TV button."
Still, it's very useless. No need to run a channel and transmit it just for a minor purpose.

Offline luesjo12

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Purveyor of Stars
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 211
  • HD WxStar ID #: 35644
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2015, 07:08:08 PM »
Verizon FiOS and The Weather Channel have officially ended their negotiations. TWC is now urging people to change  TV providers, according to keeptheweatherchannel.com:
Our efforts to reach a resolution with Verizon FiOS have ended.
Along with you, we hoped that FiOS would reverse their decision to drop The Weather Channel. Unfortunately, even a lower price and customer outrage did not move them.

Charging you a premium price and then offering you an inferior weather resource is a disservice to you.

Find your new provider today!

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2015, 07:17:37 PM »
Verizon FiOS and The Weather Channel have officially ended their negotiations. TWC is now urging people to change  TV providers, according to keeptheweatherchannel.com:
Along with you, we hoped that FiOS would reverse their decision to drop The Weather Channel. Unfortunately, even a lower price and customer outrage did not move them.

Charging you a premium price and then offering you an inferior weather resource is a disservice to you.

I don't know who's right here, if Accuweather's still not live or not live very often, esp. during severe weather, then why wouldn't FIOS listen to the Customer outrage?

But if Accu is now growing there's should be some love for it.  Wonder what TWC will do next week if/when DISH drops them???(I'm still hoping DISH just adds WN)

Offline Weatherman99

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2015, 09:07:11 PM »

Darn. It looks like an end of an era. I just don't know what's going on in the minds of the corporate owners of both TWC & FiOS. Shocking to see the weather channel give up negotiating. I enjoyed watching weatherscan during severe t-storm warnings because the STAR would automatically receive updates to an issued warning instantly. Like I said, I don't know what the CEOs are thinking, but it's sad to see I'll never get TWC back. And right now, I'm not able to switch providers because I'm in a contract. Oh Verizon... :club:

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2015, 12:06:47 AM »
IIRC, DirecTV and TWC supposedly "ended their negotiations."  And look what happened.  Eventually DirecTV brought TWC back to their channel lineup.  While it may be a few months, I suspect the same will happen with FiOS.  Unfortunately there is no good alternative to TWC as WN and AW are years behind TWC.  Only until those channels advance do I think a cable company will be able to drop TWC permanently in favor of another "weather" channel.