April 26, 2024, 10:24:39 AM

Author Topic: Comcast Sucks.  (Read 74906 times)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Comcast Sucks.
« Reply #300 on: August 18, 2010, 11:07:33 AM »
Interesting, so Comcast is now rebranded as Xfinity? I thought Xfinity was a seperate brand from Comcast

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #301 on: August 18, 2010, 12:30:56 PM »
Thats old news and your just now finding out :huh: i couldve sworn it was announced here on the forums :unsure:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 18, 2010, 07:25:26 PM »
You'll only see the xfinity branding if your area has fully migrated over to the brand. My area has not. My logos all still say Comcast.

Offline TWCC_DJK5555

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21805
« Reply #303 on: August 18, 2010, 08:24:18 PM »
It doesn't matter what kind of change it is, or how incredibly beneficial it will be - there are just some people out there who are categorically opposed to any kind of change whatsoever, and they'll always view it as a bad thing.

Change is the only constant in life, that's an undeniable fact.

Change for the better is great.  Lateral change (no better or worse, just different) is acceptable.  Change for the worse PISSES ME OFF TO NO END.  I'm waiting to see what this does to  my bill before I decide between lateral and worse.  One week in, and I have yet to see ONE REASON to make me believe that this change is the least bit beneficial.  I have a slew of new channels I didn't have before (95% of which are crap).  If they expect me to pay for all these channels I don't want nor ever asked for (and I have no reason to believe they won't), then they're going to lose a customer; it's that (bleep)ing simple.

Here's the crux of the problem: A Technician was finally out here today.  As we suspected, the box they gave us at first didn't work.  The Tech went out to his truck, got another brand new box and guess what???  IT DIDN'T WORK EITHER.  The third box finally worked.  Non-functional equipment is the #1 complaint about this stupid upgrade.

I'm tolerating it for the time being.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:26:38 PM by TWCC_DJK5555 »
Men of war make peace

Men of peace make war

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #304 on: August 21, 2010, 10:00:59 PM »
Well, I got my new cable box. It is a "revamped" DCT2000. I like it better then my other DCT2000 I own. This one actually looks nice on a HDTV, and not all stretched. It also have Dolby Digital integrated, unlike my other one.

And as for Xfinity. I honestly can't wait for it to be debuted in the Lansing media market. It'll be a change from the Comcast branding. Same company, but whatever.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 30, 2010, 06:45:08 PM »
I'm so desperate to switch to Verizon now, but this is what I get. Looks like I'll be having Comcast for quite some time since I live in a subdivision managed by a company and not by the city. :angry: I even saw fiber optics being installed on the street outside my subdivision and was hoping that was a sign of it coming here soon.

I am sorry for the delay. I am not showing FiOS being available at the address. At this time we do not have a date when FiOS will be available.

Verizon continues to work to provide FiOS access to as many customers as possible. So, while you may not qualify for services from Verizon today, it is possible that you could be able to receive it in the future as the technologies improve.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:46:56 PM by Mike M »

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #306 on: December 22, 2010, 04:05:14 PM »
I have a feeling that Comcast has just removed TWC from the analog lineup here. The TWC analog feed went out at about 3:15 PM ET, while the feed coming through our digital box was uninterrupted. The folks over at Broadband Reports are saying that the York/Hanover system is supposed to be upgraded to all digital next month, but maybe they are getting a heard start?

Edit: TWC was back on analog as of 9 PM ET.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 09:08:02 PM by beanboy89 »
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 23, 2010, 01:15:37 AM »
* jtmal0723 screams: "I now have The Weather Channel in High Definition, as of today! Channel 815!"

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 23, 2010, 06:26:32 AM »
* jtmal0723 screams: "I now have The Weather Channel in High Definition, as of today! Channel 815!"
Awesome! I probably have it too then, I'll check later.

Speaking of analog, the entire analog lineup here (even local channels) will be gone by mid February... I'm sure this applies to all headends that use Cisco/SA equipment. Meanwhile Bensalem's headend still has channels 2-28, 96, 99, and 120 on analog since the rest of the lineup was phased out about a year ago. Not sure how long that's gonna last.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:31:49 AM by Mike M »

Offline TWCC_DJK5555

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21805
« Reply #309 on: January 02, 2011, 05:17:34 PM »
I have a feeling that Comcast has just removed TWC from the analog lineup here. The TWC analog feed went out at about 3:15 PM ET, while the feed coming through our digital box was uninterrupted. The folks over at Broadband Reports are saying that the York/Hanover system is supposed to be upgraded to all digital next month, but maybe they are getting a heard start?

I have yet to find anybody who thinks this is an improvement.   :dunno:

I know two people who have already left Comcast as a direct result of this, and three more are seriously thinking about it.  A buddy of mine switched to UVerse, but it was even worse so he went back to Comcast.

Technology...  :rolleyes:
Men of war make peace

Men of peace make war

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #310 on: January 14, 2011, 08:08:04 PM »
Got our three DTAs in the mail today. They're setup and ready for Comcast to shut off analog.
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #311 on: January 19, 2011, 09:28:04 PM »
lol how do you think I felt last February? I got that HD box (which I still use) to finally see the channel last February, after realizing that the HD channels had been in our package since October '09 :P

Got our three DTAs in the mail today. They're setup and ready for Comcast to shut off analog.
When we ordered ours back in November 2009, I was really surprised that we got two digital cable boxes instead of the little adapters. I'm also surprised we got away with that for as long as we did.

But Comcast is ridiculous with their charges. Back in February, all I had to do was exchange one of our digital cable boxes for a new HD box. Since we had two adapters, that wasn't a problem.
Then come July, Comcast sends us a letter notifying us we were not paying enough. Then in November when we got two new HDTVs, I was told over the phone that all we had to do was bring in the SD boxes in exchange for the HD boxes with no additional charges on the bill.

I have been told all along that the HD boxes are only $7.95 a month/piece, as are the SD boxes. We get to the office and are told the HD boxes are $8.95/month... and we were only being charged $3.95 for one of the boxes we had.  :wacko:

Then we apparently lost our HD service just before Christmas (even though the channels were working on two of our 3 HD boxes)... and got more added on to our bill to continue it. Gotta love Comcast!

TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline XL FANIC

• The Biggest 30 Rock Fan EVER!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 32163
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
« Reply #312 on: July 04, 2011, 03:42:20 PM »
Comcast Newsmakers at 25 and 55 past on HLN. Why do they preempt some of HLN for that :angry: Wish it was on NECN. 
Watch 30 Rock on Comedy Central. That way you can be like Liz.

Offline Nathan

• Cable Company: Crapcast's Crapfinity
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22087
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2011, 09:47:32 AM »
My experience with Crapfinity by Crapcast: horrible interactive TV (like I want to record Indestructibles, when I don't, like I want to watch a movie I don't - those I can't disable), common internet outages during thunderstorms (Verizon FiOS, which my cousin has, doesn't have that), crappy messages on cable boxes (ADVERTISING, like I love wrestling when I hate it), the phone system hooking me up to a support person every time I want to refresh my modem because they think it has too many refreshes in recent times when we haven't done anything to it, a HUGE MONOPOLY on my neighborhood (my town at fault, they think FiOS sucks when "Xfinity" is really the bad one), high cable bills used to build big buildings in Philly, and much more bad stuff.
I want Verizon FiOS so bad... but Crapfinity by Crapcast (or as they call it, Xfinity by Comcast) has a monopoly on my area.

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 15, 2011, 01:06:35 PM »
Comcast made themselves look worse with the "Xfinity" branding. Every week I have some kind of issues with their crappy DTAs that still don't get all the channels I once had with analog (i.e. Weatherscan, truTV). They really should ditch the DTAs and go back to analog. Sure it uses more bandwidth, but who cares, it's a lot more simple and convenient. At least analog cable doesn't frequently pixelate or have its weekly "service unavailable" crap. And please, ADD MORE CHANNELS TO QAM!  :censored:

The people I talk to over the phone seem to have no idea what I'm saying to them either when I ask them about QAM or their crappy DTAs.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:12:40 PM by Mike M »