April 27, 2024, 01:08:58 PM

Author Topic: New Graphics coming to TWC  (Read 268210 times)

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: New Graphics coming to TWC
« Reply #735 on: November 17, 2013, 07:51:45 PM »
There isn't supposed to be a tone. Your IntelliStar must have forgotten the memo. Mine doesn't have a tone/narration and all of the videos I've seen don't either.

Post from Tyler:
Please use this thread to report specific issues with this weeks IntelliStar and IntelliStar 2 update. This thread is not to be used for speculation, only for reporting bugs.

Known issues (please do not report):
  • Severe weather crawl: Crawl no longer has beeps - this is intentional. Also, all crawls are now red no matter if they are a warning, watch or advisory

Offline kswx29

• Ultimate Member
  • Dylan
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 2002
  • SD Channel #: 002
« Reply #736 on: November 17, 2013, 07:55:51 PM »
Has anybody had the cities in the bottom bar change?  We have locations on our bar that aren't even within my cable company's territory.  Just wondering if this is more of a "regional cities" thing or if they mistakenly added these cities.
Member of TWCC since '05

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
« Reply #737 on: November 17, 2013, 08:25:46 PM »
Has anybody had the cities in the bottom bar change?  We have locations on our bar that aren't even within my cable company's territory.  Just wondering if this is more of a "regional cities" thing or if they mistakenly added these cities.
Sounds like a mistaken addition. Mine are still Frankfort, Shelbyville and Versailles.

EDIT: I caught a glimpse of my now restored IS2, and in addition to the three aforementioned cities, it seems Lexington, Lawrenceburg, Georgetown and Nicholasville were also added.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 08:39:58 PM by Evan2015 »

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #738 on: November 17, 2013, 10:48:14 PM »
IntelliStar Background count up to 200!

Offline Steve-O

• Diggin' storms since 1982
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 1823
  • SD Channel #: 23
  • SD WxStar ID #: 24778
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #739 on: November 17, 2013, 10:59:15 PM »
The Weather Alert screen is working on my forecast now, and the alert also shows up on the LDL. You can see both in the video below:

TWC - Memphis IntelliStar - Wind Advisory/Alert Screen - November 17, 2013

The HD version doesn't have the alert screen animations...

My HD Local added two or three new locations...and they aren't what I would consider local.  I live in Berkshire County, MA and only Pittsfield and North Adams are local cities.  The rest are Hudson, NY - Westfield, MA - Holyoke, MA and Torrington, CT
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:38:58 PM by Steve-O »

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #740 on: November 18, 2013, 11:53:14 AM »
The weather alert screen showed up on my STAR this morning. However, when the alert is shown on the LDL, the text gets cut off. Here's the video:

TWC IntelliSTAR- Astoria, OR- Nov. 18, 2013- 8:28AM PST
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Nick

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Page
  • HD Channel #: 519
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28765
  • SD Channel #: 19
  • SD WxStar ID #: 25617
« Reply #741 on: November 18, 2013, 02:20:45 PM »
Caught this tornado video yesterday. Notice how the banner is covering up the tornado. Saw this shown a few times with the banner in the same place each time.
My Classic Weather Channel on Youtube
www.youtube.com/user/hookecho80

Offline micvachon

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 528
  • SD Channel #: 28
« Reply #742 on: November 18, 2013, 04:22:29 PM »
So after about a week of the new Local On at the 8's... I REALLLYYYYY think they should eliminate the opening slide with the "Hello" message on it and also eliminate the last slide with the "Summary". It would allow for a consistent use of the hourly forecast and close up radar. Even when there's an alert. I'm noticing now when there's an alert, instead of cutting out a pointless hello message slide, they only show today's forecast and not tonights, and they also eliminate the hourly forecast because there's precip in the area and have to show both radars. Just get rid of the pointless Hello slide and summary slides so we can have more weather  :lol: :biggrin:

Offline colonieweather

• B.A. Broadcast Meteorology
    • View Profile
    • Colonie Weather Online
  • HD Channel #: 23
« Reply #743 on: November 18, 2013, 05:01:03 PM »
So after about a week of the new Local On at the 8's... I REALLLYYYYY think they should eliminate the opening slide with the "Hello" message on it and also eliminate the last slide with the "Summary". It would allow for a consistent use of the hourly forecast and close up radar. Even when there's an alert. I'm noticing now when there's an alert, instead of cutting out a pointless hello message slide, they only show today's forecast and not tonights, and they also eliminate the hourly forecast because there's precip in the area and have to show both radars. Just get rid of the pointless Hello slide and summary slides so we can have more weather  :lol: :biggrin:

micvachon, I could not agree with you more!  That hello screen, in my opinion, does absolutely nothing for the viewer.  I also noticed that tomorrow's text forecast was eliminated too.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 18, 2013, 05:04:33 PM »
Tomorrow's text forecast on the SD intellistar only shows during the evening hours (assuming there's no bulletin). Otherwise you get the hourly forecast instead.

Offline colonieweather

• B.A. Broadcast Meteorology
    • View Profile
    • Colonie Weather Online
  • HD Channel #: 23
« Reply #745 on: November 18, 2013, 05:24:35 PM »
Right, right..  Sorry I meant the 36-hour text forecast... and now it's only 24 hours.  My bad.

Offline mightynine

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 18, 2013, 06:37:12 PM »
The "Hello" screen has to go.  It's a nice idea, but unless they update them regularly, they'll get old very quickly. They also stick out during severe weather coverage like yesterday, or if the message goes against the current conditions/forecast.

Also - and this is purely a pet peeve - addressing a city like it's a person drives me up a wall.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:39:56 PM by mightynine »

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
« Reply #747 on: November 18, 2013, 07:44:22 PM »
The "Hello" screen has to go.  It's a nice idea, but unless they update them regularly, they'll get old very quickly. They also stick out during severe weather coverage like yesterday, or if the message goes against the current conditions/forecast.

Also - and this is purely a pet peeve - addressing a city like it's a person drives me up a wall.
While I was under a tornado watch yesterday mine just said, "Frankfort, this is your weather."

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 18, 2013, 08:19:54 PM »

I agree completely.  We don't need a large analogue clock or the jokes.  The summary is nice, I'll admit, but when time is of the essence (and TWC gives so little time to local forecasts these days), it's not absolutely necessary, anyway.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 18, 2013, 08:21:32 PM »
While I was under a tornado watch yesterday mine just said, "Frankfort, this is your weather."

At least there wasn't some stupid joke in there.  The threat of a tornado pretty much removes any appropriateness of levity in such a situation.