May 05, 2024, 02:55:31 AM

Author Topic: New Graphics coming to TWC  (Read 269078 times)

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: New Graphics coming to TWC
« Reply #225 on: November 02, 2013, 09:46:34 PM »
now we know where the phrase "Weather All The Time" came from  :(
Well after seeing a youtube of the ocm announcing changes coming in november they were talking about lot8s. Weather all time also most likely means frequent local on the 8s also. There advertising getting your weather 24/7. So maybe ocm's will cut in for maybe a winter weather update or things like that. It seems unethical to put all info in one L Bar. Plus radar is needed too. So I would calm down just a little bit as 8 hours of no local on the 8s is not ethical. Again it might seem repetitive me but crossing my fingers for Jazz and instrumentals.  :lol:
Did you find another YouTube vid?

Offline mightynine

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 02, 2013, 10:19:42 PM »
Here's my guess:

Weather All The Time appears to mean the LDL will be up during programming, including commercials.  During studio-based programming, the L-Bar will be used - at least on HD, though it's possible that TWC will do like other channels and start letterboxing the HD feed on the SD channel.

LOT8's during this time will be a full-screen affair like it is now during studio programming.

Longform - this is all speculation. Does the LDL stay up all the time?  Will there be something even smaller - perhaps just the Weather Channel logo and the city and temperature scrolling above it, like what's shown in the LDL?  Does LOT8 mean the LDL comes up?  Will it be a similar setup as to now - sometimes it's just the LDL, other times it's the L-Bar with a studio update?  Does the latter get replaced with a full-screen LOT8, since there's (possibly) no studio programming during the night?

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
« Reply #227 on: November 03, 2013, 01:25:41 AM »
Here's my guess:

Weather All The Time appears to mean the LDL will be up during programming, including commercials.  During studio-based programming, the L-Bar will be used - at least on HD, though it's possible that TWC will do like other channels and start letterboxing the HD feed on the SD channel.

Problem with that is that a lot of IS2s (like mine, which has either been out for three and a half weeks or FPB had it uninstalled to save money) seem to go out frequently and for long periods of time. Certainly not the reliability of the IS or even XLs or 4000s.

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #228 on: November 03, 2013, 04:41:17 AM »
This is just great, TWC is going to use the new "Weather All The Time" Graphics as an excuse to get rid of Weather Center at 10pm and 1am weekdays and 4pm, 7pm, 10pm and 1am weekends because you are always going to have weather information on the screen? Sorry that's not going to work.

There is no way TWC can have no live weather shows 2pm-4am weekends.
Not to mention how many time can they air the same old show episodes over and over again?

I also don't like that they are doing a survey asking about two OCMs not currently with TWC and two currently with TWC and asking if them being on would make you watch more, less or no change then asking to rank then 1 to 4.
Makes me wonder what they are planning with the current OCMs and why they would need two more if they are doing less live shows.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 12:16:16 PM by IceManNYR »

Offline Tim198

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 03, 2013, 08:48:45 AM »
I also don't like that they doing a survey asking about two OCMs not currently with TWC and two currently with TWC and asking if them being on would make you watch more, less or no change then asking to rank then 1 to 4.
Makes me wonder what they are planning with the current OCMs and why they would need two more if they are doing less live shows.

Where is this survey you're talking about? Which OCM's have they hired? I haven't heard about any new on-camera people although it does appear as though TWC has openings  for an associate producer and ticker producers for live programming.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser-jobs?c=tnnav

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #230 on: November 03, 2013, 12:01:51 PM »
they doing a survey asking about two OCMs not currently with TWC

You mean they would hire the OCMs back if the poll indicated to do so (and they actually listened to their own poll)?  What if those OCMs don't even want to come back (i.e. they already have new jobs)?  It's a noble thought, but unrealistic.  I'm sorry, but I'm beginning to think TWC doesn't have it together.

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 03, 2013, 12:11:33 PM »
Where is this survey you're talking about? Which OCM's have they hired? I haven't heard about any new on-camera people although it does appear as though TWC has openings  for an associate producer and ticker producers for live programming.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser-jobs?c=tnnav

TWC has a survey panel called The Front. You can sign up here https://www.thefrontpanel.com
That is where they had the survey on OCMs.

You mean they would hire the OCMs back if the poll indicated to do so (and they actually listened to their own poll)?  What if those OCMs don't even want to come back (i.e. they already have new jobs)?  It's a noble thought, but unrealistic.  I'm sorry, but I'm beginning to think TWC doesn't have it together.

This is why I don't get the purpose of the survey questions.
What are their plans if the two women not working for TWC rank hire than the two working for TWC?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 12:17:37 PM by IceManNYR »

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 03, 2013, 07:22:10 PM »
We're under 10 days.....

From Keith Carson om FB:

Keith Carson
about an hour ago
The Weather Channel studio right now. It's been totally ripped out for a brand new look that launches in under 10 days. I've seen the plans, looks pretty awesome.
Photo: The Weather Channel studio right now. It's been totally ripped out for a brand new look that launches in under 10 days. I've seen the plans, looks pretty awesome.
Like · · Share

For some reason I can't post the pic so here is  the link to his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/MeteorologistKeithCarson

I hope TWC knows what it's getting into! There's not much time to put that studio back together. I also hope TWC has the real schedule. The schedules I've seen don't match up and look a little scary on weekends after 2PM ET/11AM PT!.

I hope TWC doesn't lose that drive to cut longform for severe weather like they did on Halloween.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:32:54 PM by jrhtwc »

Offline GEAUXmedic

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #233 on: November 03, 2013, 08:05:57 PM »
Kelly Cass confirms 11/12/13 as launch date

kelly cass ‏@kellycass 2 Nov

Can't wait to see new studio! 11/12/13 @daveclark: Saturday @weatherchannel -> new set pieces arrive. pic.twitter.com/8hyizIKJ5u"

David Clark says final tech testing is going on right now for WATT

pic from above link

picture of set pieces arriving

first pieces getting locked in

studio before they started putting in pieces

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:16:31 PM by GEAUXmedic »

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 03, 2013, 08:15:45 PM »
Who's David Clark? Should we know him? Might TWC test WATT on air this week?

Offline GEAUXmedic

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 03, 2013, 08:18:06 PM »
David Clark = President of TWC
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:12:10 PM by GEAUXmedic »

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 04, 2013, 12:36:03 AM »
Wow, I am going to miss the old look of the HD studio.  Oh well, can't wait to see what they have in store.  But they better get a move on if they want to finish this by next week!

Offline Travis(:

• View Profile
    • Twitter
  • HD Channel #: 214
« Reply #237 on: November 04, 2013, 01:41:28 AM »
Anyone with a JR. 4000 Or XL needs to enjoy it and get recordings as much as they can before they go extinct.

Offline GEAUXmedic

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 04, 2013, 01:58:47 AM »
I'm excited to see what the set will look like.. and the way sets are built nowadays they're easy to install. I installed one at a local station in 3 days.. It's basically plugging in prefab pieces.

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 04, 2013, 03:08:33 AM »
For me the new studio is over shadowed by being on tape 2pm-4am on weekends.
I'm not expecting them to be live 24/7 but no live shows for 14 hours is to much.