April 27, 2024, 10:59:29 AM

Author Topic: April 2009 playlist delayed!  (Read 28246 times)

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: April 2009 playlist delayed!
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2009, 10:18:38 PM »
Take it down a notch?  No way.  I think we should all inundate their email boxes with opinions on this.  Really.
seriously?

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2009, 10:21:32 PM »
Take it down a notch?  No way.  I think we should all inundate their email boxes with opinions on this.  Really.
Probably why TWC ignores us...
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2009, 03:23:17 PM »
That wouldn't be a good idea. Chances are the music will be normal anyways, NBC just never took a look at it.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2009, 04:53:16 PM »
Exactly why. All they get are messages say everything new you do sucks. Icons, forecasts, studio, music..... 

I can say almost for certain they aren't doing anything with the music. I doubt NBC has anything to do with any delay or changes.  TWC has built an image around their music heck even came out with cds for it. Dont know why people are reading into this so much. :blink:

I also dont understand why people are so opposed to changes made by TWC! There is nothing you can do about it so whining wont do a damn good. The XL isn't coming back nor are the icons. The old old lf songs aren't going to appear either. In todays world cable companies have to constantly change and keep up with the times. Just my opinion anyway.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2009, 08:51:17 PM »
Exactly why. All they get are messages say everything new you do sucks. Icons, forecasts, studio, music..... 

I can say almost for certain they aren't doing anything with the music. I doubt NBC has anything to do with any delay or changes.  TWC has built an image around their music heck even came out with cds for it. Dont know why people are reading into this so much. :blink:

I also dont understand why people are so opposed to changes made by TWC! There is nothing you can do about it so whining wont do a damn good. The XL isn't coming back nor are the icons. The old old lf songs aren't going to appear either. In todays world cable companies have to constantly change and keep up with the times. Just my opinion anyway.

I agree Martin. IMO, change is inevitable, and griping about it doesn't help any.  B)

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2009, 09:01:34 PM »

I agree Martin. IMO, change is inevitable, and griping about it doesn't help any.  B)

Call me crazy, but I like most of their changes. The IS and the new icons are so much more realistic and up to date and the shows on TWC are funner to watch. I love their new twitter idea, etc.. I support their changes.. They can't keep the old graphics, icons and whatnot forever because the look would go stale. And TWC's past isn't entirely gone . Best of both worlds if you ask me.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 04:31:17 PM by Martin »

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2009, 09:11:57 PM »

Call me crazy, but I like most of their changes. The IS and the new icons are so much more realistic and up to date and the shows on TWC are funner to watch. I love their new twitter idea, etc.. I support their changes.. They can't keep the old graphics, icons and whatnot forever because the look would go stale. And TWC's past isn't entirely gone.
I will call you crazy. Those icons are the worst graphics I have ever seen. Too many of the icons look similar to others (Heavy Snow/Wind, Snow/Wind, Blizzard; Thunderstorms, Strong Thunderstorms) and in my opinion, they look awful. Anyway, I thought this thread was about the delaying of the April playlist, not voicing our opinions on the TWC graphics as of late.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:07:28 AM by Martin »
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2009, 09:41:41 PM »

Call me crazy, but I like most of their changes. The IS and the new icons are so much more realistic and up to date and the shows on TWC are funner to watch. I love their new twitter idea, etc.. I support their changes.. They can't keep the old graphics, icons and whatnot forever because the look would go stale. And TWC's past isn't entirely gone.

I don't think your crazy, I agree with you. :yes:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:07:15 AM by Martin »

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline CartoonJazzLover

• Ultimate Member
  • Former TWC Fan (2003-2011)
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 52
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2009, 10:44:59 AM »
I hope they don't get rid of the music or replace it with production music tracks.
I hope they don't that. Production music tracks are horrible and they sound like crap. :sick: I perfer LF Music instead.

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2009, 12:49:49 PM »
Production music tracks are horrible and they sound like crap. :sick:
Do you listen to yourself when you talk?

Offline texasstooge

• Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk!
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 37
  • HD WxStar ID #: Unknown
  • SD Channel #: 037
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2009, 10:21:35 PM »
If that happens, I just put my headphones on and substitue that with some jazz music (TWC and non-TWC) I listen to...like I did last week.

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 11:15:45 AM »
*checks the date*

I'm going to assume they're just going to use the March playlist this month.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2009, 12:18:27 PM »
*checks the date*

I'm going to assume they're just going to use the March playlist this month.
Isn't that what I said 1 page before?

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2009, 12:45:45 PM »
I hope a new playlist comes next month, I'm tired of this playlist!

Offline CartoonJazzLover

• Ultimate Member
  • Former TWC Fan (2003-2011)
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 52
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2009, 01:11:27 PM »
I hope a new playlist comes next month, I'm tired of this playlist!
Me too! I cannot stand the reused songs such as Restless Heart and Golden Soul already. :thumbdown: