May 15, 2024, 05:43:16 PM

Author Topic: Winter Powerhouse  (Read 4180 times)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Winter Powerhouse
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 10:18:58 PM »
The folks at the weather forums who live in the MidAtlantic I'm apart of can't complain that they are having a crappy, snowless winter anymore.  :P
Oh what forum? I enjoy EasWx

Well right now, I'm mostly at the Accuweather forums, they don't have as many experienced members in the SE threads that can read/interpret models and give insight on them like they do in the MidAtl/NE threads so I'm one of the few there that does that. I tried to sign up at Eastern Wx, but I had problems with the email portion, it wasn't accepting any of my two emails.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 10:38:46 PM »
The folks at the weather forums who live in the MidAtlantic I'm apart of can't complain that they are having a crappy, snowless winter anymore.  :P
Oh what forum? I enjoy EasWx

Well right now, I'm mostly at the Accuweather forums, they don't have as many experienced members in the SE threads that can read/interpret models and give insight on them like they do in the MidAtl/NE threads so I'm one of the few there that does that. I tried to sign up at Eastern Wx, but I had problems with the email portion, it wasn't accepting any of my two emails.
Oh neat :)

mike

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 01:24:01 PM »
Local on the 8s Marlton, NJ - February Fury 2010 - Part 2

Local on the 8s Marlton, NJ - February Fury 2010 - Part 3

Local on the 8s Marlton, NJ - February Fury 2010 - Part 4

phw115wvwx

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 04:19:49 PM »
The 2009-2010 winter season has just claimed new all-time records, and it's still only early February!  Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD have just surpassed their old records for the snowiest winter season ever.  Here's a special statement from the NWS in Sterling, VA that provides more details:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/lwx/feb_10_snowrecords.php

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 04:45:27 AM »
Strong clipper system next week could bring more snow

phw115wvwx

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 12:28:29 PM »
The next storm will bring some snow for the Great Lakes region and the Northeast on Monday and Tuesday.  There could be some serious accumulations for the New England states ahead.  The Mid-Atlantic that has been plagued by snow will only see a rain and mix event as this storm is tracking further north.  It doesn't seem like winter wants to slow down yet.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 01:23:41 PM »
GFS looks like a 5 year old with crayons but who knows. I am counting on some kind of big event sometime around the start of March

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 03:01:11 PM »
Even the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex is supposed to get some possible snowfall on Tuesday, again. :yes: But, as of now, there is not a real great chance (although, that's what they said about last week's storm). :wall: I'm tired of the snow, though. :( I wouldn't last in the NE in winter time. :no: :P

phw115wvwx

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 05:10:10 PM »
Even the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex is supposed to get some possible snowfall on Tuesday, again. :yes: But, as of now, there is not a real great chance (although, that's what they said about last week's storm). :wall: I'm tired of the snow, though. :( I wouldn't last in the NE in winter time. :no: :P
You wouldn't have fun in the Northeast right now as there are areas that will pick up a total of two feet or more of snow during this week.  This winter has been more active than many that I can remember in recent history.  Do you all think so, too?

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 05:23:28 PM »
You wouldn't have fun in the Northeast right now as there are areas that will pick up a total of two feet or more of snow during this week.  This winter has been more active than many that I can remember in recent history.  Do you all think so, too?

Most definitely, I MIGHT even see another significant snowstorm to start March off next week.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 06:24:29 PM »
Perhaps a major system for the south and mid atlantic around the first of March

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 09:49:27 PM »

Yes, this has DEFINETELY been an active winter for really the entire country, not just the Northeast. :yes:

(Well, maybe not Hawaii. :P)