April 27, 2024, 09:35:45 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1303212 times)

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #14250 on: December 25, 2013, 12:40:13 AM »
Merry Christmas to you Patrick and everyone else.  :)
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #14251 on: December 31, 2013, 12:04:24 AM »
Happy New Year's Eve!
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14252 on: January 01, 2014, 12:00:04 AM »
Now is officially the time to wipe the slate clean and begin our outlooks on life over on a fresh start! If 2013 wasn't as kind to you as you would have liked, here's to hoping 2014 will be an awesome year for all of you! Cheers! :D :twothumbs: :drunk:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14253 on: January 01, 2014, 12:10:02 AM »
Happy new year, everyone! :happy:  I sure hope 2014 goes way better for me.

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14254 on: January 01, 2014, 03:05:35 AM »
Happy 2014 from the Pacific Time Zone!  :happy: B) :drunk:
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14255 on: January 01, 2014, 11:04:21 AM »
Happy New Year, everyone!

I like the "clean slate" concept.  I need that, too!

I hope 2014 will be a happy, healthy, and successful year for everyone here!

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14256 on: January 08, 2014, 10:56:37 AM »
This recent Arctic spell has me already questioning everything again in my life despite 2014 being here.  My vehicle won't start, and I'll have to get it jumped so that I can take it to a repair shop.  Everything is under warranty as my vehicle is not even two years old, but why would a battery or an alternator already be struggling in such a short time?

It's disturbing how much bad luck my family, friends, colleagues, and myself have endured since January 2013.  January seems to be a horrible month for me these past several years.  Maybe I need to reach February 2014 for things to turn around in my life. :hmm:

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14257 on: January 08, 2014, 04:31:44 PM »
This recent Arctic spell has me already questioning everything again in my life despite 2014 being here.  My vehicle won't start, and I'll have to get it jumped so that I can take it to a repair shop.  Everything is under warranty as my vehicle is not even two years old, but why would a battery or an alternator already be struggling in such a short time?

Regarding the battery, I feel your pain.  For some reason, the one in my car goes out in only a years time or less.  I would have thought something was wrong, but I took it in to the shop only to have them say everything was fine.

For me, January and February are just dull months.  It's cold, classes start back up again, and there always seems to be an emptiness after the holiday season.  Nothing to look forward to for awhile.  I am hoping things will get better for everyone struggling with the winter blues come March. :)

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14258 on: January 08, 2014, 07:13:24 PM »
Regarding the battery, I feel your pain.  For some reason, the one in my car goes out in only a years time or less.  I would have thought something was wrong, but I took it in to the shop only to have them say everything was fine.

For me, January and February are just dull months.  It's cold, classes start back up again, and there always seems to be an emptiness after the holiday season.  Nothing to look forward to for awhile.  I am hoping things will get better for everyone struggling with the winter blues come March. :)
Andy, if you're still having trouble with your car battery, I would check your alternator as a car battery relies on the alternator to stay adequately charged.  I just got back from a dealer's repair shop, which is the same place I bought my vehicle in 2012.  The battery failed their test, which is quite sad as it was only 21 months old.  Batteries are supposed to last at least four years.  Fortunately, I have a 3-year bumper-to-bumper warranty that came with buying the vehicle.  Since that battery was the original one sold to me, they replaced it with a new battery and checked everything all for free.  It's a relief that this ordeal is over.

January gives me the post-holiday blues as well, but I've had a lot of bad luck and loneliness in this month over the past several years.  February helps me a lot as it contains my birthday, which helps alleviate those issues.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #14259 on: January 12, 2014, 09:33:19 PM »
I'm having a wonderful January. I'm dating again, my new job is going so well, and I'm starting my final semester soon. I'm off to a good start, pretty much!

Hi peeps :D
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
« Reply #14260 on: January 12, 2014, 10:06:06 PM »
Hi, and congratulations!  I'm glad for you.  :)

2014's not starting off too badly for me, but it's too early to tell.  If the previous year turns out to be a rare good one (as 2013 mostly was for me), then I tend to view the new year with suspicion.  Usually, I'm glad to get away from the old year though.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14261 on: January 14, 2014, 08:21:02 PM »
Is anyone interested that the Winter Olympics are starting on February 6 in Sochi, Russia?  When growing up, my family and I loved to watch the events and the ceremonies.  I don't know how much time I will have this time due to work, but I still may try to watch a little.  What do you all think about them?

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14262 on: January 14, 2014, 08:52:21 PM »
Is anyone interested that the Winter Olympics are starting on February 6 in Sochi, Russia?  When growing up, my family and I loved to watch the events and the ceremonies.  I don't know how much time I will have this time due to work, but I still may try to watch a little.  What do you all think about them?

I personally prefer watching the summer Olympics over the winter ones but still find them both enjoyable.  The only bad thing is that the winter Olympics are, well, in the middle of winter during classes and stuff, so assuming I don't have boat loads of homework I should be able to tune in.  Let's just hope these Olympics are carried out safely without any suicide bombings like what were occurring a few weeks ago.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #14263 on: January 14, 2014, 09:09:12 PM »

I personally prefer watching the summer Olympics over the winter ones but still find them both enjoyable.  The only bad thing is that the winter Olympics are, well, in the middle of winter during classes and stuff, so assuming I don't have boat loads of homework I should be able to tune in.  Let's just hope these Olympics are carried out safely without any suicide bombings like what were occurring a few weeks ago.
I like the summer ones too, and I will be very busy during the next few weeks with school and internship stuff so I may not have time to worry about the Olympics though I do want to tune in on the weekend.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #14264 on: January 21, 2014, 10:49:13 PM »
And folks, this is why you don't name winter storms: