April 27, 2024, 11:35:03 PM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1303821 times)

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #12780 on: October 02, 2011, 10:46:08 PM »
Guess who got his first driving... lesson today?

You know who.

I know - welcome to hell.
Yay!!! I still love driving. The thrill of it hasn't warn off yet except for those nasty traffic jams. Hopefully that isn't too bad for your area. It seems a lot harder at first then it really is. You catch on quick!

I live in a primarily rural/small urban city area, the only time I would really run into crud is being in Dothan which I have promised myself I will not go near unless it is after 9am but not during 11am-1pm and after 5pm with the exception of after 7pm. Jeeze, thinking about it makes me paranoid.

I've only got about 51 weeks before I can take my permit test  :rofl: lol

I can guarantee you Dothan is nothing like Atlanta. My apologies in advance to anyone who lives in the Atlanta area, but my worst driving experiences were in that town.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12781 on: October 02, 2011, 10:49:47 PM »
Oh god, don't even remind me. My parents rented a car when we stayed in Atlanta, never going to do that again after moving 4 miles in 2 hours and even getting stuck on the weekend afternoons. The place is nothing but traffic IMO. I don't know if it's any worse than New York or DC (another place I hate driving in), though.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12782 on: October 02, 2011, 11:16:37 PM »
Just as long as you're not learning to drive in TEXAS...ugh. :thumbdown: I find it extremely hilarous that the "Welcome to Texas" road signs have writing underneath that say "Drive Friendly, the Texas Way." Well, if we all drove the "Texas way," we would probably never want to get in another vehicle again. Where do I begin? Slow drivers in left lanes, lack of turn signals, etc...

And as far as traffic goes, well, let's just say that in Dallas a new interchange was being built a few years ago to relieve congestion. The product? WORSE traffic!!! The roads and the drivers in Texas has a lot to be desired.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #12783 on: October 02, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
I do get to use graphics abd a clicker...but the graphics are made in powerpoint, so they are not anything special at all haha.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #12784 on: October 02, 2011, 11:25:11 PM »
Traffic is a nightmare here, it's becoming a serious crisis that now our mayor and governor wants to get fixed as soon as next year with a transportation project bill that will allow for a regional rail system to be built, a light rail system to run through parts of downtown Atlanta, and improving the MARTA rail system which just jacked up bus/rail fares to $2.50 today. They only go out 50 miles! How does that justify a 2.50 fare? I hope voters approve it, a lot of these projects are being funded on penny sales taxes. I bet everyone wishes we still had those trolleys that ran through the entire city, but they dismantled them well back into the 60's. I'm sure that would have cut back on the enormous amount of car traffic around here if they had of worked on modernizing and improving them.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12785 on: October 02, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »
Just as long as you're not learning to drive in TEXAS...ugh. :thumbdown: I find it extremely hilarous that the "Welcome to Texas" road signs have writing underneath that say "Drive Friendly, the Texas Way." Well, if we all drove the "Texas way," we would probably never want to get in another vehicle again. Where do I begin? Slow drivers in left lanes, lack of turn signals, etc...

And as far as traffic goes, well, let's just say that in Dallas a new interchange was being built a few years ago to relieve congestion. The product? WORSE traffic!!! The roads and the drivers in Texas has a lot to be desired.

At least when you get out in the middle of nowhere in Texas, you get to legally go 80 on the interstate. In South Carolina, I can only go 70. At least in North Dakota, it's 75.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12786 on: October 03, 2011, 06:30:06 AM »

At least when you get out in the middle of nowhere in Texas, you get to legally go 80 on the interstate. In South Carolina, I can only go 70. At least in North Dakota, it's 75.
Everyone goes 80 on our interstates in SC...  <_< Nonsense!

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #12787 on: October 03, 2011, 07:33:38 AM »
I think I-10 through Bonifay/Pensacola/Tallahassee goes at about 70 or 80. It has been about a year since we've been on the istate.

I panicked the first time because...
1. It was my first time
2. I only have driven a go-kart
3. I had to go through a very... small fence
4. The steering wheel was one of those you had to turn a thousand times to go the direction you want
5. DUDE, I WAS DRIVING. I HAVE PASSENGER RAGE.

Next weekend. I'm afraid.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12788 on: October 03, 2011, 07:55:08 AM »
Plane852, 80 or 70 mph speed limit is nothing. It's only 55 here in NJ :(

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
« Reply #12789 on: October 03, 2011, 01:04:10 PM »
Same in New York, it's 55 on the 90 around Buffalo, which is ridiculous. Traffic does 65 at minimum, and 70 usually. Do it right, and you can be safe. Heck, Montana's speed limit didn't exist until 1999 i believe. Prior to that during the day it was "reasonable and prudent".

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12790 on: October 03, 2011, 01:21:11 PM »
I'm quite surprised that San Diego's traffic is more tolerable than my hometown's. lol The speed limit here is 70 I think. I usually drive below 70 on the freeways for safety reasons.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12791 on: October 03, 2011, 09:54:34 PM »
Same in New York, it's 55 on the 90 around Buffalo, which is ridiculous. Traffic does 65 at minimum, and 70 usually. Do it right, and you can be safe. Heck, Montana's speed limit didn't exist until 1999 i believe. Prior to that during the day it was "reasonable and prudent".
LOL! I can't believe even Montana has a speed limit. I'm sure I can safely drive my Accord at 160 mph wherever I go :P

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12792 on: October 03, 2011, 10:04:24 PM »
The whole of Montana is one big autobahn.  :)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12793 on: October 04, 2011, 12:00:11 AM »
My big redecorating project.  Almost three months here and I'm still finding new things to do to give me a backache.  :)

Everything on the top shelf on the right shelves got moved to the bottom to make way for the stereo, which had previously been clear across the room... and behind me.  Well, I had enough of that, so I moved it closer... and in front of me, which is more logical, I think.  So much unplugging and replugging, unwiring and rewiring...  But it's done.  :)

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #12794 on: October 04, 2011, 02:27:46 AM »
My big redecorating project.  Almost three months here and I'm still finding new things to do to give me a backache.  :)

Everything on the top shelf on the right shelves got moved to the bottom to make way for the stereo, which had previously been clear across the room... and behind me.  Well, I had enough of that, so I moved it closer... and in front of me, which is more logical, I think.  So much unplugging and replugging, unwiring and rewiring...  But it's done.  :)
The necessity of the Chinese symbols on the monitor?