April 27, 2024, 04:45:42 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1769085 times)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #14970 on: March 26, 2014, 07:22:58 PM »
Does anyone know how I can get more twitter followers without following them back?

That's a good question.  I've always found Twitter a little strange, because unlike Facebook where if you friend someone you automatically see what they post and vice versa, with Twitter, you can follow people but then also have to have followers to see what you're posting (or tweeting).  I too wish I had more followers.  I guess one thing to perhaps do is frequently use hashtags or mention someone's name in your tweets and then they will see your message and follow you.
It's the same thing with Instagram. I don't really want to buy more Instagram/Twitter followers because I don't know if it's worth it. I want at least 1,000 followers on both my accounts and it's hard to do it when people keep following to unfollow me. I post a lot of great pictures/important tweets and wish I could get more recognition for my work

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14971 on: March 28, 2014, 10:26:46 PM »
Ok, this is probably an odd question to ask here, but does anyone here buy clothes from American Eagle and have one of those AERewards cards? If so, can you explain to me how exactly this works? I understand the whole points thing, it's the discounts that's confusing me. I recently got some clothes from there during this current rewards period which ends this Monday (March 31st) and I have 364 points. That would be 30% off the next time I purchase something. What I'm trying to figure out is can I use this now before March 31st or is this the reward I would receive in the mail the following month after this rewards earning period ends? :dunno:

The aerewards or ae websites don't really explain how the discounts work. I wouldn't want that 30% off to go to waste.... :hmm:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14972 on: April 02, 2014, 10:05:06 PM »
Ok, this is probably an odd question to ask here, but does anyone here buy clothes from American Eagle and have one of those AERewards cards? If so, can you explain to me how exactly this works? I understand the whole points thing, it's the discounts that's confusing me. I recently got some clothes from there during this current rewards period which ends this Monday (March 31st) and I have 364 points. That would be 30% off the next time I purchase something. What I'm trying to figure out is can I use this now before March 31st or is this the reward I would receive in the mail the following month after this rewards earning period ends? :dunno:

The aerewards or ae websites don't really explain how the discounts work. I wouldn't want that 30% off to go to waste.... :hmm:
I've never used those reward cards, but did you find out what had to be done before that March 31 deadline, Tavores?

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14973 on: April 02, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »

I've never used those reward cards, but did you find out what had to be done before that March 31 deadline, Tavores?

Well yes and no. I'm not worrying about it anymore. I'm just gonna assume the 30% IS the reward coming for me in the mail this month.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14974 on: April 09, 2014, 02:05:07 AM »
I seem to be catching everyone at bad times due to school, work, my conflicting schedule, and so on that I worry if I am making people upset at me when I try to email and PM some or not do so at all toward others.  I've even found myself becoming more isolated in life recently.  I'm sorry to anyone who is feeling upset toward me.  If you have no idea why I'm acting this way, please realize that I'm in a deep struggle with trying to find hope in life due to bad luck in 2013 continuing into 2014 with few ideas on how to make it stop. :(

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #14975 on: April 09, 2014, 03:51:36 PM »
Wow, The Front Porch. I totally forgot about this. XD

Hi y'all. :3
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14976 on: April 09, 2014, 11:13:38 PM »
Wow, The Front Porch. I totally forgot about this. XD

Hi y'all. :3
Sup Zach? :D

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14977 on: April 10, 2014, 12:38:59 PM »
Hi Zach! Glad you decided to stop by. :wave:

On another note, I hope all of you who live in the eastern US are surviving this major flood. :P

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14978 on: April 10, 2014, 04:18:53 PM »
Welcome back Zach!  :wave:

On another note, I hope all of you who live in the eastern US are surviving this major flood. :P

Haha wow!  :rofl2:  Is it time to build an ark?  :fear: :P
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14979 on: April 10, 2014, 05:13:17 PM »
Haha wow!  :rofl2:  Is it time to build an ark?  :fear: :P

I guy.

Sorry, I just had to...

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14980 on: April 10, 2014, 10:22:55 PM »
It's been fixed due to a national server issue.  Whenever an office had issued a flood warning, it put out a false one for a whole area of the country only on the map.

Offline TWCJim

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14981 on: April 15, 2014, 12:51:27 PM »
Man, it's been one heck of a morning for my computer this morning!  :wacko:  When I started up my laptop, it had this virus called "YTAdRemoval" which runs very annoying ads on the websites I visit, including this one. The virus has an extension on Chrome that cannot be removed at all, so I searched my computer to see if any suspicious programs were installed recently but I didn't find any. Then I did a System Restore to a point two days ago, and it did the trick. No more YTAdRemoval!  :dance:
TWCJim's STAR Database

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14982 on: April 15, 2014, 07:11:07 PM »
Man, it's been one heck of a morning for my computer this morning!  :wacko:  When I started up my laptop, it had this virus called "YTAdRemoval" which runs very annoying ads on the websites I visit, including this one. The virus has an extension on Chrome that cannot be removed at all, so I searched my computer to see if any suspicious programs were installed recently but I didn't find any. Then I did a System Restore to a point two days ago, and it did the trick. No more YTAdRemoval!  :dance:

Jim, you must have downloaded and installed something from the internet that came hidden with it.  This little article may explain ideas on how you got it along with how to remove it if you unfortunately get it again, and this issue is technically not a virus but rather malware:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ytadremoval-virus-removal/

Offline TWCJim

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14983 on: April 16, 2014, 01:25:42 AM »

Jim, you must have downloaded and installed something from the internet that came hidden with it.  This little article may explain ideas on how you got it along with how to remove it if you unfortunately get it again, and this issue is technically not a virus but rather malware:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ytadremoval-virus-removal/

I haven't downloaded and installed anything recently so I'm not sure how the malware got onto my computer in the first place.  :dunno:  But I guess it doesn't matter anymore now that YTAdRemoval is gone from my computer.
TWCJim's STAR Database

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #14984 on: April 16, 2014, 05:24:38 PM »
does anyone realize that we're pretty much 1 page away from 1000? xD
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.