April 27, 2024, 01:34:46 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1769551 times)

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #13380 on: July 16, 2011, 12:49:53 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but I just happened to be looking at people born on February 11 (my birthday), and look who I found that was born on my birthday!

Pretty cool, huh?

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13381 on: July 16, 2011, 12:56:08 PM »
My birthday is only one day after yours, but that's quite a coincidence that you share it with the founder of TWC. :blink:  In regards to your braces, you'll probably have to wait a couple weeks to get used to the new pressure inside your mouth from metal.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13382 on: July 16, 2011, 06:25:20 PM »
Well guys, in case you're wondering why you haven't seen me in several days, it is because I was overseas in Paris, France on a very fun and exciting tour with my church. :) I returned this afternoon and am glad to see you all again, although I'm not so happy to return to the Texas heat.

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #13383 on: July 16, 2011, 07:02:34 PM »
I get my braces on tomorrow! Wish me luck! I'll post a picture afterwards.
Hope it went well. I hated my time with braces but I doubt anyone actually loves it. I still ate all the bad foods though haha

Well, I got them on, and right now they are as sore as :censored:!!!! Been taking Ibuprofen, and it seems like the pain is going away.
I've needed braces for years because of a crooked tooth, but for some reason, I've never gotten them.
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #13384 on: July 17, 2011, 01:25:46 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the finished product (straight teeth) is TOTALLY worth the hell you will go through.  (Okay..maybe not Hell..but you catch my drift)

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13385 on: July 17, 2011, 01:32:39 PM »
Well guys, in case you're wondering why you haven't seen me in several days, it is because I was overseas in Paris, France on a very fun and exciting tour with my church. :) I returned this afternoon and am glad to see you all again, although I'm not so happy to return to the Texas heat.
Wow, it must have been a really nice trip!  What did you think of Paris?  I took two years of French in high school, so I learned some landmarks around that city.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13386 on: July 17, 2011, 08:43:49 PM »
Wow, it must have been a really nice trip!  What did you think of Paris?  I took two years of French in high school, so I learned some landmarks around that city.

Paris was great...a really nice city. I enjoyed seeing the major landmarks: Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and the Arc de Triomphe. The fireworks for Bastille Day were pretty neat, too.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13387 on: July 17, 2011, 10:27:58 PM »
Paris was great...a really nice city. I enjoyed seeing the major landmarks: Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and the Arc de Triomphe. The fireworks for Bastille Day were pretty neat, too.
You sure saw a lot! :blink:  If you had been there one week later on the 24th, you would have seen the final stage of the Tour de France as the bicyclists reach the finish line.

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13388 on: July 18, 2011, 01:34:29 AM »
Paris is such a great city, with a lot of class. And when you go there, you realize that the French aren't as snooty as some people make them out to be.  :bleh:

My apologies for not being on the forums lately, but I've been busy, on vacation, and just being lazy as I usually am in the summertime. I've been in the Florida Keys and Cape Cod for the last two weeks, and got home a few days ago, to where it is hotter then all get out. Anyway, I'll try and stay on here a bit more. Hope everyone is doing well!
Tiddlywinks.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #13389 on: July 18, 2011, 05:54:36 AM »
Oh I am so glad you got to go!! Paris is a beautiful city. Please tell me you got to go to the Louvre! Possibly the most amazing museum/place I have ever visited.

Offline tpirfan28

• Ultimate Member
  • Site Designer Extraordinare!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #13390 on: July 18, 2011, 03:33:24 PM »
Also a Parisian visitor, ten days a few years ago.  Two days were out of town...at the Tour de France.

If you have Spotify, three TWC CDs are in their database: the second Locals CD, Holiday Party, and Getaway.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13391 on: July 18, 2011, 04:15:53 PM »
Oh I am so glad you got to go!! Paris is a beautiful city. Please tell me you got to go to the Louvre! Possibly the most amazing museum/place I have ever visited.

I did go to the Louvre. :) Although it was quite crowded, I was still able to enjoy most of (what I saw of) it.

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #13392 on: July 19, 2011, 05:08:53 AM »
Hey guys! I wont be on here until Saturday, July 23 since I'm heading off to Las Vegas later this morning! My plane leave Detroit Metro Airport at 9AM, and will take about 4 and a half hours to get there. I just wanted to let you guys know!

Matthew

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13393 on: July 19, 2011, 09:05:04 PM »
Geez, you all are having some amazing trips!  Have fun in Vegas, Matthew. :wave:

Also, I'll be away during the next few days to visit my dad in WV as it's been a while since we last interacted with each other.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13394 on: July 19, 2011, 09:19:51 PM »
Have a great trip you two! :D