April 26, 2024, 07:44:37 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1768786 times)

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #13065 on: April 30, 2011, 06:37:53 PM »
May 5th, 2011 will be a pretty important day for me. I will be taking my Microsoft Certification Exam in Kearny Mesa, CA. I've been studying like crazy for this, and I hope with the experience I have with Windows 7, along with the current classes I'm taking will help me pass.

Also, final exams.. they're a comin!~
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #13066 on: May 01, 2011, 11:07:10 PM »
Some random news, ABC news is reporting Osama Bin Laden is dead.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Lightning

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/brian.mearsBMeezy
  • Cable Provider: Charter
« Reply #13067 on: May 01, 2011, 11:10:43 PM »
Some random news, ABC news is reporting Osama Bin Laden is dead.
Yes, he is. :)  :happy: :dance: Justice!
My Classic Weather Channel On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyVIYMf6BcmbZjtYLUYBg

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #13068 on: May 02, 2011, 11:18:13 AM »
I get my Associates degree in May..and say adios to community college..wahoo.   :thumbsup:
Wow! Congratulations :) B)
Thank you!  It's a very general degree, but it's a degree nonetheless.

I've got all gen-eds knocked out and will only be working on my major/minor the next two years, which it's about time!

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13069 on: May 02, 2011, 07:55:56 PM »
This is a general warning to some of the younger and newer members here:  Please read the rules on posting appropriate topics and posts.  I've had to delete quite a few posts recently from a few of you due to complaints.  If these issues continue, I will start issuing warnings without hesitation for spamming, posting useless topics, or posting large and inappropriate images.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13070 on: May 02, 2011, 10:17:04 PM »
This is a general warning to some of the younger and newer members here:  Please read the rules on posting appropriate topics and posts.  I've had to delete quite a few posts recently from a few of you due to complaints.  If these issues continue, I will start issuing warnings without hesitation for spamming, posting useless topics, or posting large and inappropriate images.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Patrick, just to make you aware (you probably already know), the "Board Guidelines" tab is no longer at the top of the page, so our newer members don't know what the rules are. I know the rules about posting appropriate topics and posts should really be self-explanatory and may not have been specifically stated in the guidelines anyway, but you can't punish someone if they don't know what the rules are. ;)

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13071 on: May 03, 2011, 12:23:51 AM »
* Meganium90 seriously needs to come here often. >_>

I just noticed that the guidelines are gone as well. Are the rules being rewritten or something?
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13072 on: May 03, 2011, 12:28:31 AM »
* Meganium90 seriously needs to come here often. >_>

I just noticed that the guidelines are gone as well. Are the rules being rewritten or something?
It's a mod that hasn't been transitioned to the new SMF beta as of yet, thus cannot be reenabled at this time.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13073 on: May 03, 2011, 01:08:22 AM »
Patrick, just to make you aware (you probably already know), the "Board Guidelines" tab is no longer at the top of the page, so our newer members don't know what the rules are. I know the rules about posting appropriate topics and posts should really be self-explanatory and may not have been specifically stated in the guidelines anyway, but you can't punish someone if they don't know what the rules are. ;)
Yes, I see the rules aren't currently up due to what Jesse said, so I've been trying to simply tell members what they're doing wrong when I delete the posts without issuing any real warnings.  However, I must admit my patience is wearing thin on a few issues lately, and I can't just keep giving out verbal notices every time if I see the advice is repeatedly not being heeded.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #13074 on: May 03, 2011, 02:04:36 AM »
Members are presented with the rules upon signup. Really they are just common sense. If a member is abusing his/her posting privileged they will be warned. Warnings are intended to inform a member of ill behavior and not necessarily the end of the world.

Patrick has done an amazing job. When I see him say his patience is wearing thin I know the situation must be getting out of hand. Therefore if any administration action must be taken to remove a topic or post it will result in a warning. Repeat offenders will be suspended. Patrick if you want I will be happy to handle that.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #13075 on: May 03, 2011, 02:05:15 AM »
May 5th, 2011 will be a pretty important day for me. I will be taking my Microsoft Certification Exam in Kearny Mesa, CA. I've been studying like crazy for this, and I hope with the experience I have with Windows 7, along with the current classes I'm taking will help me pass.

Also, final exams.. they're a comin!~
Oh good luck with that! I am sure you will ace it. I will be so happy to finally finish up exams come this week. Freedom!

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13076 on: May 03, 2011, 02:33:21 AM »
Members are presented with the rules upon signup. Really they are just common sense. If a member is abusing his/her posting privileged they will be warned. Warnings are intended to inform a member of ill behavior and not necessarily the end of the world.

Patrick has done an amazing job. When I see him say his patience is wearing thin I know the situation must be getting out of hand. Therefore if any administration action must be taken to remove a topic or post it will result in a warning. Repeat offenders will be suspended. Patrick if you want I will be happy to handle that.
Thanks, Martin.  I definitely appreciate your help.  We've had several young members recently join, and I highly doubt that they fully read and understood the rules at signup.  I've been lenient with them, but there have been several repeatable offenses over the past few weeks.  I've seen a few reported posts and complaints due to posts and topics being unreadable, unnecessary, or having inappropriate images attached.  One member has been making topics to simply demand for stuff, which I've had to lock up before things got worse.

If any of you have questions with the rules, please PM me!  I'm always checking it regularly, and I'll gladly help you. :yes:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:14:04 AM by phw115wvwx »

Offline kpetree10

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • HD WxStar ID #: 99910
  • SD Channel #: 15
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23277
« Reply #13077 on: May 03, 2011, 08:50:54 AM »

Awesome, good luck! What certs are you testing for? I got my MCP and MCDST back in '05 but haven't done anything since. I'm going to be working on that this summer, upgrading my MCDST (which is for XP) to MCITP in Windows 7 and working on the server OS, SQL, and Exchange certs.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13078 on: May 03, 2011, 04:03:26 PM »
I actually made my first NCDC radar archive download and i took imagery of KTBW from 3/31/2011.. and as it turns out there was a tornado close to my school! :wacko: looks like some were misinformed :P

(click for full size)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:08:22 PM by Zach »
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13079 on: May 04, 2011, 03:15:35 AM »

Awesome, good luck! What certs are you testing for? I got my MCP and MCDST back in '05 but haven't done anything since. I'm going to be working on that this summer, upgrading my MCDST (which is for XP) to MCITP in Windows 7 and working on the server OS, SQL, and Exchange certs.

I'm currently working on my MCITP for Windows 7 as well, since it's the operating system that I am more comfortable with than all the others. I'm thinking of getting another certification in XP, but I don't really see a point in that since XP is going to be obsolete in the future anyways. xD
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.