April 27, 2024, 01:00:26 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1769511 times)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #13620 on: August 29, 2011, 02:52:19 PM »
Gloomy and dismal day in the Tampa area (it's pouring in Thonotosassa now!)... had to walk home in rain, and my umbrella didnt help with the wind blowing  <_<

I love early release Mondays already
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #13621 on: August 30, 2011, 12:15:37 AM »
Interesting P.O.V on TWC's Hurricane Irene Coverage Saturday.

Why Did I Watch Fourteen Hours Of The Weather Channel? I'm Not Sure.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2011/08/29/140032831/why-did-i-watch-fourteen-hours-of-the-weather-channel-im-not-sure

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13622 on: August 30, 2011, 12:42:42 AM »

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2011/08/29/140032831/why-did-i-watch-fourteen-hours-of-the-weather-channel-im-not-sure

That video of the people acting so disrespectful to Eric pisses me off to the highest extreme. :furious: Yes, I understand people desperately want their fame on TV, but I had no idea there was yet another streaker (clearly seen this time), plus other jerks who walked in front of Eric while he was doing his live shots! I don't care how famous people want to be, that was beyond unacceptable. I'm very distrubed to see such jerks. <_<

But alas, this is what our society today is like...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:45:04 AM by WeatherWitness »

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13623 on: August 30, 2011, 09:20:06 AM »

That video of the people acting so disrespectful to Eric pisses me off to the highest extreme. :furious: Yes, I understand people desperately want their fame on TV, but I had no idea there was yet another streaker (clearly seen this time), plus other jerks who walked in front of Eric while he was doing his live shots! I don't care how famous people want to be, that was beyond unacceptable. I'm very distrubed to see such jerks. <_<

But alas, this is what our society today is like...

Well at least he stayed professional the whole time, I commend him for that. I certainly know I wouldn't have if it was me out there reporting..

NintenGamers Nation

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #13624 on: August 30, 2011, 05:31:31 PM »
Good luck, and enjoy!

You'll find your new life will fall into place almost immediately.  :)
Thank you, Eric. ^_^ I just moved in a few hours ago but I haven't really met anyone yet. How exactly do you make friends with floormates? I haven't seen many residents in my floor yet. And Rutgers apparently is using DirecTV and the DTV LF now. I wonder why they got rid of the Junior?

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13625 on: August 30, 2011, 05:40:59 PM »
The junior there hasnt been active since 2008.. see http://www.youtube.com/njpatwcfan
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13626 on: August 30, 2011, 11:37:28 PM »
Thank you, Eric. ^_^ I just moved in a few hours ago but I haven't really met anyone yet. How exactly do you make friends with floormates? I haven't seen many residents in my floor yet.

It happens quite quickly.  You'll be living in close quarters with all these people for three-quarters of the year.

Most importantly, though, I wish you a good roommate.  That your roommate isn't a heavy snorer is probably the most important wish.  :)

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13627 on: August 31, 2011, 12:06:25 AM »
Officially been in college a week, and I couldn't enjoy it more. Great classes, food that is out of this world (and that isn't an exaggeration), and my suite mates are awesome (yes, I have three roommates). And the TSA finally cleared me to fly, so I start those lessons tomorrow.  :biggrin:

Grand Forks is an incredible city. It has about 50,000 people, but it has the feel of a small southern town. And everyone is so hospitable and friendly! The weather is awesome, too, but that'll change come November. Or maybe earlier than that; I see there is a Winter Weather Advisory in Montana for 1-3 inches of snow above 6500 feet.  :bleh:

Wishing everyone else starting college (or resuming), or just school in general a great and successful year!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:11:39 AM by plane852 »
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13628 on: August 31, 2011, 12:17:05 AM »
Officially been in college a week, and I couldn't enjoy it more. Great classes, food that is out of this world (and that isn't an exaggeration), and my suite mates are awesome (yes, I have three roommates). And the TSA finally cleared me to fly, so I start those lessons tomorrow.  :biggrin:

Grand Forks is an incredible city. It has about 50,000 people, but it has the feel of a small southern town. And everyone is so hospitable and friendly! The weather is awesome, too, but that'll change come November. Or maybe earlier than that; I see there is a Winter Weather Advisory in Montana for 1-3 inches of snow above 6500 feet.  :bleh:

Wishing everyone else starting college (or resuming), or just school in general a great and successful year!
Send me some snow?  :yes: You'll have a great year I'm sure...

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13629 on: August 31, 2011, 12:17:23 AM »
Sounds like everything's going well for you!

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #13630 on: August 31, 2011, 03:09:49 AM »
Sorry I haven't posted too much. College starts for me tomorrow after the university was closed for several days due to Irene. My house and yard sustained quite a bit of damage and internet was just restored. Most of my time has been busy cleaning up. It is quite a mess. Hope everyone is doing well. I am reading most of the posts just haven't responded

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13631 on: August 31, 2011, 05:03:23 PM »
Sorry I haven't posted too much. College starts for me tomorrow after the university was closed for several days due to Irene. My house and yard sustained quite a bit of damage and internet was just restored. Most of my time has been busy cleaning up. It is quite a mess. Hope everyone is doing well. I am reading most of the posts just haven't responded
Hope the damage wasn't too bad, Martin.  Your area and the Outer Banks certainly took the worst of Irene.

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #13632 on: August 31, 2011, 08:38:40 PM »
Well, we certainly understand your lack of time here, Martin. I'm glad to hear that your place wasn't totally washed out, as I've seen some of your pics of your yard and you're right there by the bay. Good luck at another year of college! I'm sure you'll be fine. If I can get over anxiety-related nausea issues, I have the utmost confidence in you!

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13633 on: September 02, 2011, 12:03:49 AM »
While we are on the subject of college, I am going to take the time to be a little more "open" about myself. I don't want this to be extremely awkward, but I realize that I have never revealed my age or "level" in education. There is no good reason for this, but since I have reached a new stage in my life, I would like to share it with you all.

I just started college this year. I am studying meteorology at the University of Oklahoma and am, so far, very excited about it. For those of you who may not know, The National Weather Center is located on the campus, and it is both school-operated and government-operated. I believe Patrick visited there sometime earlier this year, if I remember correctly. Therefore, because of the location of The National Weather Center on campus, this university has a very good meteorology and research department. In addition, from looking at and hearing about past weather events, Norman gets all kinds of weather: tornadoes in the spring (something they specialize in), excessive heat in the summer, and winter storms in the winter.

I, too, would like to wish the best of luck for those of you who are also in their first year of college. :)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13634 on: September 02, 2011, 12:11:42 AM »
While we are on the subject of college, I am going to take the time to be a little more "open" about myself. I don't want this to be extremely awkward, but I realize that I have never revealed my age or "level" in education. There is no good reason for this, but since I have reached a new stage in my life, I would like to share it with you all.

I just started college this year. I am studying meteorology at the University of Oklahoma and am, so far, very excited about it. For those of you who may not know, The National Weather Center is located on the campus, and it is both school-operated and government-operated. I believe Patrick visited there sometime earlier this year, if I remember correctly. Therefore, because of the location of The National Weather Center on campus, this university has a very good meteorology and research department. In addition, from looking at and hearing about past weather events, Norman gets all kinds of weather: tornadoes in the spring (something they specialize in), excessive heat in the summer, and winter storms in the winter.

I, too, would like to wish the best of luck for those of you who are also in their first year of college. :)

Best of luck on your first year of college. When I was in middle school meteorology was the field I wanted to study in, but high school quickly did a 180 on that.  :hmm: I still love math and science, but they hated me. :P

NintenGamers Nation