April 28, 2024, 07:31:56 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1770761 times)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #13605 on: August 25, 2011, 06:55:39 PM »
Austin, please be aware that disputing videos too often can feed your account to suspension  :hmm:

Even though some may hate it, there is always Dailymotion to host LF videos Youtube wont show.. but its your choice not mine
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13606 on: August 25, 2011, 07:46:28 PM »
This is why I stopped uploading LF videos on Youtube.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #13607 on: August 25, 2011, 08:37:05 PM »
Austin, please be aware that disputing videos too often can feed your account to suspension  :hmm:

Even though some may hate it, there is always Dailymotion to host LF videos Youtube wont show.. but its your choice not mine

If they suspend for repeated disputes,  they shouldn't give an option to dispute it at all.

I think I'm done with Youtube and will seek a new service such as Dailymotion. Fed up with the Googtube corporate BS...

PS: you're all the first to know that I am busy at work creating a new STAR concept that will feature a rare song heard first on TWC on the September 2009 playlist. I think everyone should know what I'm talking about.

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #13608 on: August 25, 2011, 08:45:34 PM »
I don't... :dunno:

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #13609 on: August 25, 2011, 08:48:32 PM »
I think it's "Do You Wanna Dance" by the Beach Boys. I may be mistaking, though.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #13610 on: August 25, 2011, 08:51:39 PM »
I think it's "Do You Wanna Dance" by the Beach Boys. I may be mistaking, though.
I wish they would repeat that song..that was the only song from that list I didn't get a clip of because it would never play. :angry:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13611 on: August 25, 2011, 08:55:24 PM »
Also, today marks the 10th anniversary of Aaliyah's death. It felt like I was watching the news and heard about her death yesterday. :/

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #13612 on: August 25, 2011, 09:28:36 PM »
Who wants to know? TWCToday will be the only exclusive peoples that gets to learn of such information.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13613 on: August 28, 2011, 11:42:17 AM »
It's almost September, and I hope everyone that has started school or college recently is doing well!  I always hated the first days due to everything being hectic.  What do you all plan to do this upcoming Labor Day weekend?

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13614 on: August 28, 2011, 12:32:12 PM »
It's almost September, and I hope everyone that has started school or college recently is doing well!  I always hated the first days due to everything being hectic.  What do you all plan to do this upcoming Labor Day weekend?
Panicking.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13615 on: August 28, 2011, 04:08:25 PM »
I'm thinking of heading to Duckville EC for the holiday weekend. It depends. I could really use a break from all the stuff I've been doing lately.

It's been two weeks since I started school, Patrick...so I don't count. :P But for those that are going to start school...good luck! Especially for those starting college for the first time. Usually the first few weeks are going to be really, really, really, really, really hectic like Patrick mentioned. Like I always say to the new members I welcome at another forum I moderate: take a deep breath, and take your time exploring. [College] is quite a large place to be, and can be overwhelming. But in the future, you'll be fine!

hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #13616 on: August 28, 2011, 04:21:07 PM »
Speaking of Labor Day Weekend, I will be heading to Bemis, TN (just South of Jackson) to visit my dad's side of the family. If you're into history, you will want to check out this website about Bemis. My Great-Grandfather (whom I never met) worked at that cotton mill, and my Great-Grandmother and the rest of his family lived in Bemis (the town was constructed specifically for cotton millers' families). Anyway, getting to the point now...can you tell I love history? :P

Anyway, I haven't been since I was 7 (when my Great-Grandmother passed). The houses are very well constructed to have been built in the early 1900's. We will be staying at a hotel in North Jackson (near the church where we have dinner every time that we meet there). We would normally stay at my Great-Grandmother's house, but since she passed the house has been rented out. I will try to get some pictures, as they have a really awesome, old water tower (on the website that I linked to above); and again, some really well-constructed buildings. Just to give you an idea of how long it's been...I last saw my cousin Luke and my aunt and uncle at my Great-Grandmother's funeral. He was 12 at the time, and he is now 17 and driving! I am looking forward to visiting my dad's side of the family, being that most of my mom's side of the family lives local, but my dad's side lives a few hours away; so I don't see them as much. We will be leaving Saturday Morning and returning Sunday Night, which will mean limited activity on the forum. Again, we are staying at a hotel...so if they have the IntelliStar, I will definitely get some clips.

I think I got a bit carried away. Oh well. :P

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13617 on: August 28, 2011, 07:29:28 PM »
Well, college has already started here, and so far, things are fine. I'm thoroughly enjoying my classes, and have joined the university's weather broadcast team. We make our first forecast on Monday.

Labor Day wise, no big plans, sadly. Probably will go flying for a large chunk of the day.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13618 on: August 28, 2011, 08:21:09 PM »
Well guys, I'm moving into my dorm tomorrow. I'm kinda scared and nervous about going to college,  but also excited at the same time. It'll be hectic though since I'll be doing a lot of running around to do (finding who, what,where, when) and figuring how to balance my time. I hope to stop by soon, though! 

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13619 on: August 29, 2011, 12:32:52 AM »
Good luck, and enjoy!

You'll find your new life will fall into place almost immediately.  :)