April 26, 2024, 02:13:06 AM

Author Topic: Matt Lauer Out of Today?  (Read 2968 times)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:28:52 AM by TWCToday »

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Matt Lauer Out? Al Roker becoming Today host?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 11:16:34 PM »
For some reason, I didn't realize Al Roker had so much power (but I don't watch The Today Show, and don't know much about NBC employee ranks , so maybe he always has).  Anyway, Matt sometimes got on my nerves, but I think Al would be worse.  If only they could bring in a new (real) weatherman and just make Al Roker the second host.  I know it'll never happen, but it's worth a mention...

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 11:46:48 PM »
People still watch the TODAY show? :unsure:

I laugh at the thought that Al Roker would suddenly be the better alternative to this situation along with that other guy he's cheer leading.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 12:56:32 AM »
Al doesn't want Matt's position, if you read the article. He's pushing for someone else to take it.

I personally find this infuriating, and the article seems to be strongly biased against Matt, so I want the whole story. I like Matt, and if he had long-time feuds with all his co-anchors as the article suggests (especially Meredith), then he's been putting on one hell of an act.

I'm sorry, NBC, but you cannot blame just one person for your ratings problem. Firing Matt Lauer will be one of the biggest mistakes you make. And if you do, the little respect I hold for Al Roker will be flushed down the toilet.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Matt Lauer Out of Today?
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 07:46:32 AM »
I find it a bit ironic that the blame is going as far back as Savannah Guthrie becoming Ann Curry's replacement.. :thumbdown:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 08:41:56 AM »
Welp, *switches the TV to GMA*

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 10:05:10 AM »
I don't really watch Today, but I'm wondering if the ratings will improve. I still prefer CBS This Morning. :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 10:07:15 AM by Charismatic Applesauce »
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 10:15:45 AM »
Al doesn't want Matt's position, if you read the article. He's pushing for someone else to take it.

I personally find this infuriating, and the article seems to be strongly biased against Matt, so I want the whole story. I like Matt, and if he had long-time feuds with all his co-anchors as the article suggests (especially Meredith), then he's been putting on one hell of an act.

I'm sorry, NBC, but you cannot blame just one person for your ratings problem. Firing Matt Lauer will be one of the biggest mistakes you make. And if you do, the little respect I hold for Al Roker will be flushed down the toilet.

I did, which is why I said Al is cheerleading for that other guy that's there to get the job. I wasn't implying Al Roker himself was trying to get Matt's Lauer  job. :no:

These show execs (sighs), do they bother to think about the fact that it's silly decisions like this why the show is tanking and not the personalities themselves? :dunno: They threw Ann Curry under the bus more than once, there were viewers who said they were gonna switch to GMA because of that disaster.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 10:56:04 AM »

I did, which is why I said Al is cheerleading for that other guy that's there to get the job. I wasn't implying Al Roker himself was trying to get Matt's Lauer  job. :no:

These show execs (sighs), do they bother to think about the fact that it's silly decisions like this why the show is tanking and not the personalities themselves? :dunno: They threw Ann Curry under the bus more than once, there were viewers who said they were gonna switch to GMA because of that disaster.

My bad, Tavores - I made that statement just to clear up some confusion, wasn't aimed at anybody in particular.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 11:17:26 AM »
I've always been a flipper, but considered myself a "TODAY" viewer for many, many years.  That ended when Meredith left the show.  She was such a gem.  I have never enjoyed Ann Curry, and she wasn't doing it for me as TODAY co-host.  So, GMA it is.  George and Robin are great together.  I'm not really that big of a fan of Savannah Guthrie, either. 

As for Matt Lauer, he comes off to me as a fake person.  His good-bye to Ann did not seem sincere, at all.  I think he feels like he's "the man." 

It'll be interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.