April 28, 2024, 10:57:19 AM

Author Topic: General TWC Discussion  (Read 1893360 times)

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: CableOne
  • HD Channel #: 1333
  • HD WxStar ID #: Unknown
  • SD Channel #: 333
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: General TWC Discussion
« Reply #9495 on: April 10, 2015, 08:09:36 PM »
Storm Alert music now on during LOT8s (finally!)

Offline TheStormExpert

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 380
  • SD Channel #: 58
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #9496 on: April 10, 2015, 11:12:00 PM »
Nice Job TWC!! I was worried earlier today when I saw TWC was on a regular schedule. TWC is still live as of 7:08PM CDT. Anyone know how long tonight?
Figures, looks like it was only until 9pm EST. :hammer:

They even had the Storm Alert LoT8's Music playing and all!  They could of at least went until 10 or 11pm but no their precious Long-Form garbage is too important for them to give up!  Don't expect Verizon to bring back The Weather Channel if this keeps up. :fear:

Offline willh699

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • SD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #9497 on: April 10, 2015, 11:47:18 PM »
Nice Job TWC!! I was worried earlier today when I saw TWC was on a regular schedule. TWC is still live as of 7:08PM CDT. Anyone know how long tonight?
Figures, looks like it was only until 9pm EST. :hammer:

They even had the Storm Alert LoT8's Music playing and all!  They could of at least went until 10 or 11pm but no their precious Long-Form garbage is too important for them to give up!  Don't expect Verizon to bring back The Weather Channel if this keeps up. :fear:

and i wouldn't be surprise if more providers tell The Weather Channel, ether you drop the Long Form programing or we will drop you and pick up WeatherNation TV or AccuWeather's new TV network.

The Weather Channel, covering bad weather when we say it's bad.

i bet you money the only way The Weather Channel goes back to live weather 24/7 is if NBC sells them to some media company with big money is willing to spend it on this network. Time Warner, Viacom, CBS, Disney and Fox, i'm looking at you.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9498 on: April 11, 2015, 12:13:46 AM »
Storm Alert music now on during LOT8s (finally!)

It took them this long?! :blink:  Today was almost nothing compared to yesterday.

Offline Star4000 Fan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • SD Channel #: 56
« Reply #9499 on: April 12, 2015, 01:01:44 PM »
It would be interesting to see what happened to their ratings during these live events.

I hope they go UP compared to the taped programming so the company can see that live television for severe weather makes a difference.

Dr. Forbes and Carl Parker did an awesome job of analyzing the radar stuff.  That vertical view of a thunderstorm never ceases to blow me away.  That's cutting edge compared to what we see locally.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9500 on: April 12, 2015, 05:57:35 PM »
It would be interesting to see what happened to their ratings during these live events.

I hope they go UP compared to the taped programming so the company can see that live television for severe weather makes a difference.

Dr. Forbes and Carl Parker did an awesome job of analyzing the radar stuff.  That vertical view of a thunderstorm never ceases to blow me away.  That's cutting edge compared to what we see locally.

I would assume the ratings go up.  They always do.  And now I only watch TWC when there is an outbreak of severe or winter weather.  Any other time?  Forget it.

I think Carl and Dr. Forbes make an EXCELLENT team.  They are both extremely knowledgeable, and neither interrupts the other and is respectful of what the other has to say or deliver.  They should really be the permanent "severe weather experts."

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
« Reply #9501 on: April 16, 2015, 08:06:38 PM »
The severe weather in my area is causing TWC to preempt the longform that should be on right now.  Perhaps this is the highlight of this event.  B)  Real weather beats re-run weather any day.

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: April 18, 2015, 07:13:57 PM »
TWC was live from 3PM ET to 7PM ET and then they returned to Reality Programming despite my TV Guide saying Severe Weather Coverage would continue until 11PM ET.

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #9503 on: April 19, 2015, 12:59:55 PM »
TWC preempted "Weather Geeks" for severe weather coverage. Then they went to Reality Programming at 1PM ET but Maria said coverage will resume at 4PM ET.

Offline alex979

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 40
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #9504 on: April 19, 2015, 01:09:38 PM »
Yeah, Bettes and Carfagno are coming on at 4. But, really? They're going off air for three hours when there's active tornado warnings and watches? Unbelievable.

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #9505 on: April 19, 2015, 03:40:44 PM »
Yeah, Bettes and Carfagno are coming on at 4. But, really? They're going off air for three hours when there's active tornado warnings and watches? Unbelievable.
I'm so ready for WN on DISH!  Hopefully the rumors are true and it comes tomorrow! Will TWC stay? Who knows?

Offline willh699

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • SD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
« Reply #9506 on: April 21, 2015, 01:03:57 AM »
I'm so ready for WN on DISH!  Hopefully the rumors are true and it comes tomorrow! Will TWC stay? Who knows?

yes, turns out the "WeatherNation launching on April 20th on Dish" rumor was just that.

so now most likely, it will most likely launch sometime between this coming Wednesday the earliest to the week of the impending contract expiration of current Dish/TWC deal.

and TWC has been dropping the ball alot lately on bad weather coverage during the night hours and weekend due to NBC Universal basically cutting the budget and saving money by airing the reality shows instead of live weather all the time.

NBC Universal ruined The Weather Channel.

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #9507 on: April 21, 2015, 07:09:32 AM »

yes, turns out the "WeatherNation launching on April 20th on Dish" rumor was just that.

so now most likely, it will most likely launch sometime between this coming Wednesday the earliest to the week of the impending contract expiration of current Dish/TWC deal.

and TWC has been dropping the ball alot lately on bad weather coverage during the night hours and weekend due to NBC Universal basically cutting the budget and saving money by airing the reality shows instead of live weather all the time.

NBC Universal ruined The Weather Channel.
Kind of. For some reason, DISH waited until after midnight this morning to turn it on. TWC and their App is still there. DISH can be done making changes IMO.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #9508 on: April 21, 2015, 12:57:48 PM »
Guys, the NBCU assumptions are getting old. Seriously. It's been almost seven years now.

The addition of more long form has been in the works long before NBCU took over ownership. TV viewership ratings are at an all time low as more people rely on web and mobile. I can almost guarantee you TWC would be in the same state had it still been owned by Landmark to this day. If you've watched any other news-oriented network you can tell that they have also been following the same footstep over the last ten or so years.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:01:51 PM by Mike M »

Offline alex979

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 40
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #9509 on: April 23, 2015, 08:10:07 PM »
I noticed a new intro sequence for Weather Center Live tonight. I was able to get a video of it, but the quality isn't the best. I don't know if it's for severe weather, or just for the nighttime editions, but it's definitely darker than the usual intro. Has anyone seen this before?

http://youtu.be/V4FV2-9JpUY