May 07, 2024, 10:21:04 PM

Author Topic: General TWC Discussion  (Read 1897919 times)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: General TWC Discussion
« Reply #7125 on: July 05, 2011, 06:06:14 PM »
It's been about 3 1/2 years now. Isn't that about long enough to get used to NBC being permanently apart of TWC right now and move on and get over it? It's not fair that NBC has sensationalized TWC as an entertainment network and as a whole isn't what it used to be, but life isn't fair. At this point you shouldn't even care anymore.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #7126 on: July 05, 2011, 06:20:32 PM »
It's been about 3 1/2 years now. Isn't that about long enough to get used to NBC being permanently apart of TWC right now and move on and get over it? It's not fair that NBC has sensationalized TWC as an entertainment network and as a whole isn't what it used to be, but life isn't fair. At this point you shouldn't even care anymore.
:clap:

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #7127 on: July 05, 2011, 06:49:49 PM »
I agree with the post above. Who cares now? One question I want to know is why some of us act like we depend on TWC for weather? Half of us or more try to predict it. Seriously, I'm done caring about nbc and instead of being opposed to it, I'm looking at the positives. I like the idea of how TWC is more of like a talk show now, with weather. I understand not being happy about loosing weather coverage, but you don't need it do you? You have more access to weather content on the internet than you'll ever see on TWC. Face it, we watch because we want to be entertained now or just to get the national outlook of weather. IMO, turn it into a entertainment channel with weather on the side, I'm done caring. Its gone from what it used to be, get used to it. Its old now seeing complaints like "Oh, there not covering weather" really, have you not had enough time to adjust? Not trying to be rude or mean, just showing you the reality.  :rolleyes:

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: July 05, 2011, 07:01:06 PM »
Ok, look. I was just pointing out the NBC logo on the camera. I know that NBC owns TWC. Don't get your panties in a wad about it...

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #7129 on: July 05, 2011, 07:09:03 PM »
Ok, look. I was just pointing out the NBC logo on the camera. I know that NBC owns TWC. Don't get your panties in a wad about it...

That's understandable, but because the NBC logo appears next to TWC's logo on a camera doesn't make it the end of the world.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #7130 on: July 05, 2011, 07:16:59 PM »

I agree. My biggest beef with TWC is the whole "Primed for Excitement" schedule. It was comforting that every weeknight, you could turn at any given moment to extended hours of Weather Center, and see full LFs, not the 1:00 LFs. Now, you have to wait until Sunday night for that. During the week, there is absolutely no weather coverage (even when there is severe weather) in primetime, except for 7 and 10pm.
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline tpirfan28

• Ultimate Member
  • Site Designer Extraordinare!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #7131 on: July 05, 2011, 07:17:55 PM »
Never mind the fact that Comcast now owns NBC, anyway.

It will be interesting to see if the new studio overhaul brings in more of the corporate synergy.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: July 05, 2011, 07:52:50 PM »
I don't wear panties....  :blink: Your post looked like you were about to exploded b/c of the logo, that raises a concern lol.  :dunno:

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #7133 on: July 05, 2011, 08:02:23 PM »

Trevor, you shouldn't have a temper over a logo, it seems kinda childish just saying.

I won't be surprised if in the future there is a logo that has both TWC and NBC adjacent to each other (tv or online).

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: July 05, 2011, 08:08:17 PM »

Trevor, you shouldn't have a temper over a logo, it seems kinda childish just saying.

I won't be surprised if in the future there is a logo that has both TWC and NBC adjacent to each other (tv or online).
I was thinking the other day that we might see the same thing. Like the nbc logo part, but with TWC where it said NBC.   :noexpression:

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: July 05, 2011, 09:15:13 PM »
Wow...it's amazing how people can mistranslate things....since when did me posting a picture of a camera with an NBC logo turn into me having a temper? IMO, all of us are acting childish...arguing over a freakin' picture. Lets just end it  B)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #7136 on: July 05, 2011, 09:16:41 PM »
Wow...it's amazing how people can mistranslate things....since when did me posting a picture of a camera with an NBC logo turn into me having a temper? IMO, all of us are acting childish...arguing over a freakin' picture. Lets just end it  B)
Im confused.. thats kinda ironic to hear from you because your the one who went all upset over the NBC logo being on a TWC camera :unsure:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: July 05, 2011, 09:33:46 PM »

To me, and I think most others on this forum, the use of the "furious" emoticon (:furious:) means that you're having a temper or are upset about something. ;)

Notice the camera and the NBC logo :furious:

But maybe I'm just out of my mind... :whistling2:

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: July 05, 2011, 09:47:42 PM »

To me, and I think most others on this forum, the use of the "furious" emoticon (:furious:) means that you're having a temper or are upset about something. ;)

Notice the camera and the NBC logo :furious:

But maybe I'm just out of my mind... :whistling2:

I actually meant for that to mean angry. Another case of misinterpretation. It was the only emoticon that showed anger, other than :censored:, but I wasn't that mad about it. I wouldn't even call it being mad. Just ticked off.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #7139 on: July 07, 2011, 08:26:09 AM »
Oh me and my improper grammar... :P
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~