May 12, 2024, 02:46:42 AM

Author Topic: General TWC Discussion  (Read 1900238 times)

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: General TWC Discussion
« Reply #6765 on: February 01, 2011, 08:50:28 PM »
So I see on a graphic on weather.com that Dr. Greg Forbes is in Pennsylvania for Winter Storm coverage. Is he doing field reports? :blink: Or maybe he is in a studio...just don't remember Dr. Forbes doing field reports before (has he?).

He was out in the field for the Vortex 2 project last year I think once or twice.
Dr. Forbes is there for Groundhog day ceremony in Puxatony, PA. I think he goes every year and they cover the ground hog shadow thing.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: February 01, 2011, 09:59:27 PM »
Yeah, I completely forgot about Groundhog Day. :doh: This monster snowstorm has been the main focus of my attention today.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: February 01, 2011, 11:00:41 PM »
Yeah, I completely forgot about Groundhog Day. :doh: This monster snowstorm has been the main focus of my attention today.
I also heard that he is being added to some hall of fame there?  :clap:

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: February 01, 2011, 11:26:01 PM »
Well, with this big snow storm, I don't think the groundhog is going to be seeing any shadow. We might not even see the groundhog at all; who wants to come out in such weather. :blink:

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #6769 on: February 02, 2011, 12:07:36 AM »
The past hour, and this hour of Weather Center has been in the old studio/satellite center/expert desk, presumably so whoever is anchoring the rest of the night is recording their segments now.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: February 02, 2011, 12:10:15 AM »
The past hour, and this hour of Weather Center has been in the old studio/satellite center/expert desk, presumably so whoever is anchoring the rest of the night is recording their segments now.
That or either, since there is so much going on right now, they are in there so everyone can communicate easily and get the data to us quicker.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: February 02, 2011, 12:40:21 AM »
That or either, since there is so much going on right now, they are in there so everyone can communicate easily and get the data to us quicker.
The former is more probable.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: February 02, 2011, 01:03:03 AM »
In your opinion yes, but Chris and Crystal are also in the old studio now, and what would they need to tape? They probably want all live reports since they weather is bad with this storm.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: February 02, 2011, 01:15:26 AM »
In your opinion yes, but Chris and Crystal are also in the old studio now, and what would they need to tape? They probably want all live reports since they weather is bad with this storm.
It's possible you may be right, lol... It's still live at 1am, as per the tickers in the satellite center.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #6774 on: February 02, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »
It's possible you may be right, lol... It's still live at 1am, as per the tickers in the satellite center.

I was surprised they were live at that time.  Kudos to TWC.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: February 02, 2011, 10:14:38 PM »
Kelly Cass and Kim Cunningham are doing (at least) the 8:00PM CT hour of Weather Center tonight. :yes:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: February 02, 2011, 11:03:14 PM »
Kelly Cass and Kim Cunningham are doing (at least) the 8:00PM CT hour of Weather Center tonight. :yes:
The KC show!

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: February 04, 2011, 05:21:06 PM »
Afternoon long-form has been pre-empted to continue non-stop coverage on the South winter storm.

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #6778 on: February 04, 2011, 09:06:18 PM »
The color of the yellow tab on the national SD LDL went back to normal earlier today.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:07:50 PM by Pavel95 »
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: February 04, 2011, 09:40:10 PM »
The color of the yellow tab on the national SD LDL went back to normal earlier today.

Wow, I guess it's only cable subscribers with an IntelliStar who don't see the SD LDL!  It's not that often I get to see it, to be honest... and I'm glad I don't usually have to.  Local weather information is appreciated much more.  :)  That's why I'm so impatient about Comcast fixing its "compatibility problems" with the IS2.  I'd much prefer to watch the HD channel, but I can't get a local forecast on that yet!!