May 02, 2024, 09:51:19 AM

Author Topic: General TWC Discussion  (Read 1895236 times)

phw115wvwx

Re: General TWC Discussion
« Reply #4680 on: October 15, 2009, 11:18:04 PM »
Wow, everything mentioned today just makes me so sad. :(  I'm beginning to wonder what TWC now considers newsworthy.  It used to be everything solely dedicated to the weather 24/7.  Today, we're lucky to see actual segments devoted entirely to the weather on an hourly basis.  I agree that the media and the police did a poor job of checking all their sources and searching everything.  However, TWC should be more concerned about the unusually early winter storm warnings currently in effect for PA and the flood warnings ongoing in the Southeast.  These stories are actually about the weather, which is what TWC is responsible for covering, and these stories have far more impact than one kid allegedly being flown away in a balloon.

Everyone better start checking NWS and other weather media more closely this winter as I'm not sure if TWC is prepared to handle the wacky weather we're going to see across the country thanks to El Niņo.  I really hope that I'm wrong here, but the early signs are not promising. :no:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #4681 on: October 15, 2009, 11:51:09 PM »
Wow, everything mentioned today just makes me so sad. :(  I'm beginning to wonder what TWC now considers newsworthy.  It used to be everything solely dedicated to the weather 24/7.  Today, we're lucky to see actual segments devoted entirely to the weather on an hourly basis.  I agree that the media and the police did a poor job of checking all their sources and searching everything.  However, TWC should be more concerned about the unusually early winter storm warnings currently in effect for PA and the flood warnings ongoing in the Southeast.  These stories are actually about the weather, which is what TWC is responsible for covering, and these stories have far more impact than one kid allegedly being flown away in a balloon.

Everyone better start checking NWS and other weather media more closely this winter as I'm not sure if TWC is prepared to handle the wacky weather we're going to see across the country thanks to El Niņo.  I really hope that I'm wrong here, but the early signs are not promising. :no:

I'm starting to go into wunderground. I hardly check TWC anymore.
It just looks like TWC isnt too serious about the upcoming nor'easters like in the previous years. Once some wacky story like this pops up they immediately go into non-stop coverage like Storm Alert coverage. Seriously, we don't want this.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #4682 on: October 16, 2009, 08:10:16 AM »
Has anyone seen this AQ screen before?

phw115wvwx

« Reply #4683 on: October 16, 2009, 09:49:35 AM »
I've never seen that particular AQ screen before.

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #4684 on: October 16, 2009, 10:12:11 AM »
Yes, although it hasn't been used in quite some time.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #4685 on: October 16, 2009, 02:06:13 PM »
The voice that narrates those screens is highly irritating, so I never pay much mind to them. But yeah, up until recently, I hadn't seen it in quite some time.
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

phw115wvwx

« Reply #4686 on: October 16, 2009, 02:10:00 PM »
Apparently, I've forgotten all about that screen as several of you recognize it. :blushing:  When was it last used?

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: October 16, 2009, 06:44:31 PM »
Todd Santos will be filling in for Paul Goodloe on Weather Center West Coast.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

Offline ABC7

• Haven't watched TWC in 6 mos.!
  • Puddi Puddi!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 776
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27669
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #4688 on: October 16, 2009, 08:16:50 PM »
Did that come right after a commercial? And yes, I saw this before, but not recently.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #4689 on: October 16, 2009, 08:40:04 PM »
Did that come right after a commercial? And yes, I saw this before, but not recently.

Yep, right after a Samilasan commercial (insert on top right)

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #4690 on: October 18, 2009, 08:08:20 AM »
Chris Warren in for Kelly on Weekend View.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: October 18, 2009, 12:03:16 PM »
Chris Warren in for Kelly on Weekend View.

yay Chris Warren! <3
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

Offline skaloveexx33

• View Profile
    • n/a
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #4692 on: October 18, 2009, 01:12:16 PM »

It just looks like TWC isnt too serious about the upcoming nor'easters like in the previous years. Once some wacky story like this pops up they immediately go into non-stop coverage like Storm Alert coverage. Seriously, we don't want this.
I agree.I haven't watched much of TWC in the last month or so.I've been relying on my local news stations for my weather now.They talk about news,and weather,as they're supposed to.But when it's weather time,they actually talk about the weather.Who freaking cares in some kid pulled a prank and was supposely flying away in a balloon?I can check the internet or local news for that.We're getting hammered with a double nor'easter right now,ever since Thursday.But TWC doesn't talk about it all that much.Sadly,I'm starting to get bored with TWC.They're not completely doing their job.
MD/VA

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
    • Thecoolwriter's Facebook
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #4693 on: October 18, 2009, 01:56:08 PM »

I agree.I haven't watched much of TWC in the last month or so.I've been relying on my local news stations for my weather now.They talk about news,and weather,as they're supposed to.But when it's weather time,they actually talk about the weather.Who freaking cares in some kid pulled a prank and was supposely flying away in a balloon?I can check the internet or local news for that.We're getting hammered with a double nor'easter right now,ever since Thursday.But TWC doesn't talk about it all that much.Sadly,I'm starting to get bored with TWC.They're not completely doing their job.

Yeah, TWC hasn't been doing their job lately. I just watch it mosty for the laughs that I get out of the OCMs sometimes.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #4694 on: October 18, 2009, 03:04:29 PM »
Yeah, TWC hasn't been doing their job lately. I just watch it mosty for the laughs that I get out of the OCMs sometimes.
Let's hope for some crazy winter storms this season.  It might just help TWC stay focused on the weather and improve some things.  Usually when everything goes wild, we see the glimpses of the TWC we all love and cherish. B)