April 27, 2024, 04:53:27 AM

Author Topic: Charleston, SC Weather  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Charleston, SC Weather
« on: June 14, 2012, 08:12:54 PM »
Hello Everyone. I've decided to make a thread dedicated to the weather in my local area. I live around Charleston, SC (Outside the city to the north) and will be sharing information for my local area here for you all to read and discuss.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
Re: Charleston, SC Weather
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 10:15:45 PM »
Over the past couple for days, we've had a mix of severe thunderstorms, driving rain, and plentiful sunshine at times. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week it rainined all of those days for several hours. The impacts on the local area were: rising streams, plant/crop damage, minor flooding in low-lying areas, et cetera. Overall the past few day's I haven't payed much attention to radar estimated precip as I don't have an actual rain gauge (anymore), so I rely on that for my estimations.

Today's Summary:
In two words-Precipitation Free. No rain occured today as the result of the stationary boundary moving further to the south. A mostly sunny day prevailed with breezy conditions by afternoon. Temperatures topped out around the up. 70's and lw 80's. It was quite a nice day compared to the days before.

Overnight Period:
Tonight it appears precipitation will stay out of the area, however excess cloud cover will be likely. Mostly Cloudy conditions due to a stationary front to the south will provide decent moisture and 'throw' in cloud cover. I've noted a few showers along the coastal area and a boundary moving inland that has my curious side alert. I still suspect the atmosphere will be lacking overall lift, moisture (deep), and instability to provide sufficent perameters for significant precipitation.

7-Day Period:
The 7-day period looks to remain dry. Nothing suggests at this time a wet period will occur, but I have yet to look at long term models as of this post.... Temperatures look to be in the 80's.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
Re: Charleston, SC Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 02:36:09 PM »
Here with an update. The SPC has issued a 30% chance of hail/wind for the area today as well as a slright 15% chance for Monday. I will post images or anything over interest weather wise that happens in the next 2 days. Cape is in the 6000 J/kg zone in my local area and we expect storms to move from the upstate down here by evening hours. A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect as well. More to come.