April 27, 2024, 02:55:54 PM

Author Topic: Numerous Weatherscan Problems  (Read 4050 times)

Offline kswx29

• Ultimate Member
  • Dylan
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 2002
  • SD Channel #: 002
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Numerous Weatherscan Problems
« on: May 30, 2010, 04:05:22 AM »
Sorry Star Team for my constant complaints but my weatherscan unit out of Topeka, KS is still showing "Unavailable" on numerous products.  Some of which include...
Under the "Garden" section:
- Estimated Precip
- Precip Forecast
- Palmer Drought Severity

Under the "Travel" section:
- Travel Weather
- Day Forecasts

Also the Radars under the "Radar Section" as well as the Radar for the "Topeka" section...and sometimes the Manhattan & Junction City sections...but sometimes it works for those cities.

Member of TWCC since '05

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
Re: Numerous Weatherscan Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:39:20 AM »
As we previously stated, problems are likely for a while after first recieving Weatherscan.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 08:39:34 AM »
I hope they can fix your problems for you soon.  I remember when my area upgraded to the WeatherStar XL.  It had numerous problems, and there was at least one product that was "unavailable" at all times.  During the morning programming up until about 10:00 am or so, at least half of the products were "unavailable," though they started to reappear throughout the day.

I think this is why my cable company upgraded to Intellistar at the first opportunity - our WeatherStar XL was just a dud, and its high expense just made the cheaper, newer, and more reliable Intellistar seem like a more sensible solution.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 08:40:28 AM »
As we previously stated, problems are likely for a while after first recieving Weatherscan.

I'm sure you can understand someone's frustration when a new product is made available... but still hasn't started working properly yet.  Besides, "for a while" is an incredibly vague term that doesn't do much to reduce someone's anxiety.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 11:24:32 AM »
I would ask that you please do not make multiple topic on these issues. You already mentioned these issues in your first topic. We want to keep things as organized and simple for the STAR Team as possible. Thanks!

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 11:25:35 AM »

I'm sure you can understand someone's frustration when a new product is made available... but still hasn't started working properly yet.  Besides, "for a while" is an incredibly vague term that doesn't do much to reduce someone's anxiety.

All I was saying is that some of the products that he listed have been reported to be Temporarily Unavailable for up to 3 weeks. I wasn't trying to be mean, if that's what you were thinking.  B)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 11:27:38 AM by TWCFreak »

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 04:43:21 PM »

All I was saying is that some of the products that he listed have been reported to be Temporarily Unavailable for up to 3 weeks. I wasn't trying to be mean, if that's what you were thinking.  B)

No, I wasn't thinking "mean," but maybe "impatient because of one's own prior experiences."  Wow... that's a mouthful.  Anyway, I occasionally find myself getting impatient because I happen to know something, even if someone else doesn't.

Offline kswx29

• Ultimate Member
  • Dylan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 04:56:06 PM »
Sorry, Martin.  But The star team did not say anything about fixing the other stuff so I didn't know if they forgot about it or what.  And like I previously said, it has been at least a few weeks since the weatherstar has been up and running, surely that is enough time for products to start working?  For the radar issue, I don't see how it works on some cities and not others.  Anywho Sorry again Martin and Thanks star team for my numerous complaints.  I am, however, very glad to finally have Weatherscan.

On a side note...a Storm Watch was Just issued...time to see how weatherscan reacts to this!! :dance:
Member of TWCC since '05

Offline KevOwensby

• View Profile
    • YouTube
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31755
  • SD Channel #: 2
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22909
  • WxScan Ch. #: 270
  • WxScan ID #: 31067
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 02:00:18 AM »
After contacting Cox & TWC in various ways many times it seems it's working tonight. Maps seem to be loaded in. Yay!

Offline kswx29

• Ultimate Member
  • Dylan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 04:36:24 AM »
After contacting Cox & TWC in various ways many times it seems it's working tonight. Maps seem to be loaded in. Yay!
I am going to have to see! I sent Cox a email a few days ago and got one this morning stating there were "issues" over the "weekend" and it had been "fixed"...well I looked on there this morning and it had not been fixed...so I kindly reminded them about it. 

**Just as I was typing that...it froze and restarted...I couldn't find my camera in time but I managed to get video on my camcorder (which don't like taking video of TVs very well)...will post in another fourm soon.

**TWC Star Team...if you fixed this issue...Thanks!  If not...well it's been fixed.  Thanks again though for the city correction!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 04:50:29 AM by kswx29 »
Member of TWCC since '05

Offline kswx29

• Ultimate Member
  • Dylan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 03:04:34 PM »
Actually now the travel weather and regional forecasts work, but the Allergies Segment don't   :thumbdown:
Member of TWCC since '05