June 04, 2024, 04:52:09 PM

Author Topic: Daytona Beach metro maps  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Daytona Beach metro maps
« on: July 28, 2011, 10:23:17 PM »
Regarding the Daytona Beach Intellistar (#24656), there's one request I'd like to make and one mistake I'd like to point out.

The metro maps (for current conditions and forecasts) have the east coast of Florida pretty much in the middle of the screen, meaning that the whole right half of the screen is just blue ocean.  If the map was moved a little further to the west, we'd be able to see more of central Florida, add more cities to the map, and not have so much wasted space.  While this might include more territory that isn't necessarily covered by this Star, I think it would make sense to have more land, and, therefore, more information, present on the screen, instead of having so much ocean there.

As for the mistake, the station ID caption says "channel 30" on Bright House, yet The Weather Channel is on channel 27, and has been ever since I started visiting the Daytona Beach area years ago.

Thank you!

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
Re: Daytona Beach metro maps
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 10:41:53 AM »
Thanks for the change!  It looks great, especially now that there's far less empty space than before.

Flagler Beach shows current conditions, but on the forecast maps, it's blank.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
Re: Daytona Beach metro maps
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 11:50:12 AM »
And Flagler Beach now has its forecasts.

Thanks again!  :)