June 04, 2024, 03:47:28 PM

Author Topic: Daytona Beach IS2 metro maps  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Daytona Beach IS2 metro maps
« on: January 30, 2012, 09:40:28 PM »
I'd like to make a request about the metro maps on the Intellistar 2 in Daytona Beach (#033004).

The metro maps (for current conditions and forecasts) have the east coast of Florida in the middle of the screen, meaning that the whole right half of the screen is just blue ocean.  If the map was moved a little further to the west, we'd be able to see more of central Florida, add more cities to the map, and not have so much wasted space.  While this might include more territory that isn't necessarily covered by this Star, I think it would make sense to have more land, and, therefore, more information, present on the screen, instead of having so much ocean there.

Thank you.

(This request was approved by phw115wvwx.)

Offline TWC STAR Team

• TWC Employee
  • Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Daytona Beach IS2 metro maps
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:44:59 PM »
Sorry, the IS2 maps are not as flexible as the SD Istar. We have a request (for the future) to be able to manipulate the maps, but with a lot of projects going on for the developers, it may be some time into the future.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Daytona Beach IS2 metro maps
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 05:30:27 PM »
Sorry, the IS2 maps are not as flexible as the SD Istar. We have a request (for the future) to be able to manipulate the maps, but with a lot of projects going on for the developers, it may be some time into the future.

I understand.  Thank you very much for looking into the issue, though.  I suppose it's just the price to pay for living on the coast.  :)