April 27, 2024, 07:32:02 PM

Author Topic: #22909 LDL  (Read 2193 times)

Offline kswx29

• Ultimate Member
  • Dylan
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 2002
  • SD Channel #: 002
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
#22909 LDL
« on: November 19, 2010, 09:57:16 PM »
Topeka, KS
Cox Communications

I noticed that on the LDL or little bottom strip displaying wx. info, it shows Silver Lake, Berryton and Topeka.  Cox doesn't serve Silver Lake to my knowledge.  I was wondering if it would be possible to remove Silver Lake and possibly Berryton and just have Topeka and Forbes Field.  Topeka (Billard) serves Tecumseh and Northern portions of Topeka.  Forbes Field serves Berryton, S. Topeka, Wakarusa, Pauline and Auburn.
Member of TWCC since '05

Offline KevOwensby

• View Profile
    • YouTube
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31755
  • SD Channel #: 2
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22909
  • WxScan Ch. #: 270
  • WxScan ID #: 31067
Re: #22909 LDL
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 11:38:54 PM »
Cox serves almost all of Shawnee county, including Silver Lake and Berryton. Please don't take offense to this but I already requested they change having two areas labeled Topeka and they did. They chose to change one to Berryton and keep Topeka and Silver Lake. Since you have AT&T U-Verse and not Cox, why does it matter enough to request it? Again, please don't take offense but is it really worth bothering people over?

Offline kswx29

• Ultimate Member
  • Dylan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 07:49:11 PM »
Cox serves almost all of Shawnee county, including Silver Lake and Berryton. Please don't take offense to this but I already requested they change having two areas labeled Topeka and they did. They chose to change one to Berryton and keep Topeka and Silver Lake. Since you have AT&T U-Verse and not Cox, why does it matter enough to request it? Again, please don't take offense but is it really worth bothering people over?
According to all of the TV Guides Silver Lake along with Rossville are served by Galaxy Cablevision, and Galaxy even has Silver Lake listed on their website.  Cox does not have Silver Lake listed on their website.  Unlike some people I wasn't asking TWC to change the locations to suite what I want, I just thought it would be of best interest for the community if they take out some of the cities they don't serve and enter in some of the ones that they do.
Member of TWCC since '05

Offline KevOwensby

• View Profile
    • YouTube
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31755
  • SD Channel #: 2
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22909
  • WxScan Ch. #: 270
  • WxScan ID #: 31067
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 01:11:56 AM »
I had previously asked TWC to change having Topeka, Silver Lake, & Topeka as the cities listed to "maybe changing the second listing for Topeka to Forbes Field or S. Topeka." It WAS in the best interest to not have Topeka listed twice since people would see Topeka: 58, partly cloudy. Silver Lake: 55, sunny. Topeka: 56, thunderstorm. If you saw that, would you think it was 58 and partly cloudy or 56 with a thunderstorm in Topeka? Because even I was confused after the first round through. There was no "to suite my needs." They chose to keep Topeka & Silver Lake and change the second Topeka listing to Berryton. That was their choice, nothing wrong with it, so I'm perfectly fine with it. They just did it a couple months ago. I just see no point in changing it when they're trying to get more local with HiRAD than a broad area like you're suggesting. If anything they could add an area like Auburn and/or Meriden since the LDL can apparently handle 5 locations. Just because a service provider isn't in an area doesn't mean people don't have friends or family there. I'm not arguing with you, and I know I'm sounding like an (we all know what), but I'm trying to make a point.

Offline kswx29

• Ultimate Member
  • Dylan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 07:48:35 AM »
I agree with you in that they should add Auburn.  As of now the nearest reporting location is Berryton, and storms during the spring and summer will have already passed Auburn before they are in Berryton where the local conditions will then update.  I am not trying to argue with you either but I was just providing the reason why I think they should change locations.  I guess I will leave this up to the forum admin and/or Star team to see what they think needs to be done.
Member of TWCC since '05