April 27, 2024, 07:14:36 AM

Author Topic: Weatherscan Topic  (Read 248369 times)

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Weatherscan Topic
« Reply #435 on: April 29, 2012, 03:09:10 PM »
Found this video of the Comcast logo changing to the Xfinity logo on the Memphis Weatherscan...
It's possible certain segments had the xfinity logo at the time, while others had the older logo. Then again, there are some changes that can be made to Weatherscan that doesn't require a reboot (i.e. the TWC logo change from blue to green).

Offline KevOwensby

• View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 2002
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31755
  • SD Channel #: 2
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22909
  • WxScan Ch. #: 270
  • WxScan ID #: 31067
« Reply #436 on: July 24, 2012, 02:20:00 AM »
It's 1:00am CT and our Weatherscan is just a black screen. Is anyone else not getting Weatherscan right now? I called Cox and of course they told me it's most likely a problem on my end. I asked if she'd submit the problem to the engineers and she said she would. (I doubt she will.) It was working fine earlier. It doesn't even give me a no signal screen from the digital box.

EDIT: After two calls to Cox (and them telling me it's on my end) and a post on their Facebook page (with more understanding people that reported it to the engineers), it's back up and running as of Noon CT 7/24/12.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 01:22:10 PM by KevOwensby »

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #437 on: July 25, 2012, 11:52:56 PM »
I miss Weatherscan  :cry:   :cry3:

I have Charter now ever since I moved here to Long Beach just a little over a month ago. They don't carry the channel on their lineup  :no:
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Nathan - a.k.a. NWRGeek

• also elevatorsonly
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • HD WxStar ID #: 24131
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • SD WxStar ID #: 24131
« Reply #438 on: August 05, 2012, 12:28:59 PM »
I miss Weatherscan  :cry:   :cry3:

I have Charter now ever since I moved here to Long Beach just a little over a month ago. They don't carry the channel on their lineup  :no:
Wow, dumb Charter. They must want people to actually like the long-form over on regular TWC.

If you've ever seen Weatherscan in severe WX mode, you may have heard the 4 beeps to tell you there is an alert. I have noticed, unlike TWC, there is no narration after 3 of the beeps saying "A _________ warning has been issued for your area." followed by 3 more beeps. I hate this, as it tricks people into thinking a warning was just issued when one wasn't. I also think upon the issuance of an SVS, there should have been a narration saying "A _________ warning in your area has been updated." Just my opinion.
Thanks NBC Comcast for driving me away from TWC. You've officially made TWC junk, NBC Comcast.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 05, 2012, 12:36:40 PM »
I have noticed, unlike TWC, there is no narration after 3 of the beeps saying "A _________ warning has been issued for your area." followed by 3 more beeps. I hate this, as it tricks people into thinking a warning was just issued when one wasn't.
What are you talking about? Weatherscan only beeps whenever a warning gets issued... :unsure:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

• also elevatorsonly
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 05, 2012, 12:42:52 PM »
I have noticed, unlike TWC, there is no narration after 3 of the beeps saying "A _________ warning has been issued for your area." followed by 3 more beeps. I hate this, as it tricks people into thinking a warning was just issued when one wasn't.
What are you talking about? Weatherscan only beeps whenever a warning gets issued... :unsure:
I was saying that on TWC following 3 of the beeps it has a narration saying "A _________ warning has been issued for your area.", while Weatherscan doesn't. People will know that a warning was just issued with the narration, but w/o it people may be fooled into thinking that another warning was issued when in reality it's just re-scrollig the one previously issued.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:44:44 PM by Nathan - a.k.a. NWRGeek »
Thanks NBC Comcast for driving me away from TWC. You've officially made TWC junk, NBC Comcast.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 05, 2012, 12:44:21 PM »
I was saying that on TWC following 3 of the beeps it has a narration saying "A _________ warning has been issued for your area.", while Weatherscan doesn't.
So what? it never has and it never will
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

• also elevatorsonly
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 05, 2012, 12:46:40 PM »
I was saying that on TWC following 3 of the beeps it has a narration saying "A _________ warning has been issued for your area.", while Weatherscan doesn't.
So what? it never has and it never will
Still, I'm not a fan of the concept.

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 05, 2012, 12:50:11 PM »
I was saying that on TWC following 3 of the beeps it has a narration saying "A _________ warning has been issued for your area.", while Weatherscan doesn't. People will know that a warning was just issued with the narration, but w/o it people may be fooled into thinking that another warning was issued when in reality it's just re-scrollig the one previously issued.
The majority of people I know don't care how many warnings there are - just that there is one.
Tiddlywinks.

• also elevatorsonly
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 05, 2012, 12:54:29 PM »
The majority of people I know don't care how many warnings there are - just that there is one.
Then again, DO remember that I reserve the right to my opinion, and it may or may not reflect the opinion of somebody else. End of story, that's MY opinion.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 05, 2012, 12:55:49 PM »
Then again, DO remember that I reserve the right to my opinion, and it may or may not reflect the opinion of somebody else. End of story, that's MY opinion.
It is your opinion but because its your opinion doesnt mean that their gonna amend to one little problem that only bothers one person versus millions who receive the weather scan channel

• also elevatorsonly
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 05, 2012, 01:12:21 PM »
It is your opinion but because its your opinion doesnt mean that their gonna amend to one little problem that only bothers one person versus millions who receive the weather scan channel
Look at this:
I also think upon the issuance of an SVS, there should have been a narration saying
I never said they should fix it, end of story. The preceding is the final statement I will make on the matter.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #447 on: August 05, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »
Guys, that's enough arguing here.  Nathan, you need to be a little more receptive as everyone else is allowed to have an opinion about your opinion on things, too.

Offline KevOwensby

• View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 2002
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31755
  • SD Channel #: 2
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22909
  • WxScan Ch. #: 270
  • WxScan ID #: 31067
« Reply #448 on: August 05, 2012, 11:16:57 PM »
I agree with Nathan. I think it should say a warning has been issued. The whole reason it does it is for the blind. It needs a lot more narration on the channel. Maybe that will be a part of the next version?

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #449 on: August 17, 2012, 01:33:56 AM »
For those who were wondering what the Dish Weatherscan looks like, here is a short clip I found on YouTube:

Clip courtesy of gmbobarino
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)