April 27, 2024, 09:19:38 AM

Author Topic: Site News  (Read 252474 times)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Site News
« Reply #945 on: October 25, 2008, 04:59:26 PM »
I honestly think this is a great site to offer the emulator since TWCT has so many active and dedicated members. With the 4000 emulator fading away people are eagerly looking for a fully functional and up to date emulator.  B) Thanks for the offer thought btw. Mike! :salute:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 25, 2008, 05:00:23 PM »
I honestly think this is a great site to offer the emulator since TWCT has so many active and dedicated members. With the 4000 emulator fading away people are eagerly looking for a fully functional and up to date emulator.  B) Thanks for the offer thought btw. Mike! :salute:
Yeah, I understand. I don't feel offended. B)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #947 on: October 25, 2008, 05:01:45 PM »
Is Brian actually going to be more active over here because of the merge? :unsure:
I expect so. For the most part I will be more of the public relations person for the project as I have been communicating closely with Brian. Feel free to ask me anything you would ask him. As you may be aware he has a busy schedule and his free time is limited.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #948 on: October 25, 2008, 05:11:53 PM »
In related news, I've now made a board for posting emulator videos, since this is a) something I've always wanted to do, b)something that's been requested pretty frequently, and c) something I CAN do now that I no longer have to worry about upsetting Lord Matthew. You may post videos from any emulator, including the 4000.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 11, 2008, 01:15:23 PM »
I've come up with a new idea for the site. I was thinking of making a page paying tribute to deceased TWC staffers and artists. The page would be split into two sections, one for TWC staffers the other for artists, and each section would list the names of each person who has died, their date of death, reason for death (if known), and what they were known for. For example, an entry in the artists section might look something like this (and by the way, the example is 100% factual):

George Howard             March 20, 1998 (Lymphoma)       

Composed many songs for TWC between late 80's and early 90's, including When Summer Comes, Broad Street, Out In The Cold, Philly Talk, and Dancing In The Sun.

And of course anytime another person dies (of course we hope they don't!) we can add their information to the page. So what do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea?

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #950 on: November 11, 2008, 01:19:14 PM »
I've come up with a new idea for the site. I was thinking of making a page paying tribute to deceased TWC staffers and artists. The page would be split into two sections, one for TWC staffers the other for artists, and each section would list the names of each person who has died, their date of death, reason for death (if known), and what they were known for. For example, an entry in the artists section might look something like this (and by the way, the example is 100% factual):

Composed many songs for TWC between late 80's and early 90's, including When Summer Comes, Broad Street, Out In The Cold, Philly Talk, and Dancing In The Sun.

And of course anytime another person dies (of course we hope they don't!) we can add their information to the page. So what do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea?
It's a splendid idea in case we had classical TWC Fans come to this forum before TWCC. B)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 11, 2008, 01:20:09 PM »

It's a splendid idea in case we had classical TWC Fans come to this forum before TWCC. B)

First of all, its for the site, not the forum. Secondly, it will not be limited to artists and staffers from the classic era.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 11, 2008, 01:22:17 PM »

First of all, its for the site, not the forum. Secondly, it will not be limited to artists and staffers from the classic era.
OK. ;)

Even if it's ging to be like that, I'll still like it.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 20, 2008, 04:57:38 PM »
I've hidden the Jr. Emulator boards for the time being, as they are not being used at this time and don't appear as though they will be in the near future. I've also ADDED a new board, WeatherScan discussion.  :biggrin:

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
« Reply #954 on: November 20, 2008, 05:00:12 PM »
I've hidden the Jr. Emulator boards for the time being, as they are not being used at this time and don't appear as though they will be in the near future. I've also ADDED a new board, WeatherScan discussion.  :biggrin:
Interesting

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 20, 2008, 06:24:59 PM »
I've invited a gentleman who is a former TWC employee and has many connections there to join our forum. I have not heard from him yet, so I don't know yet whether he will join. But I am hopeful that he will. I expressed to him that I think that everyone here would love to have him. FYI, if he does join I will be putting him in the TWC Employee member group, since he is a former employee and has connections there.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 20, 2008, 09:10:57 PM »
We need people from TWC to join TWCT because it will be a great add-in to see what former TWC Employess had for their experience at TWC rather than the watchers. :yes: :biggrin:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 21, 2008, 08:06:37 AM »
My invitee says he'll be by over the weekend.  :biggrin:

Be forewarned: DO NOT PM this man, UNLESS he expresses a desire to receive PM's. I expect everybody to treat this man with decency and respect, and to allow him his privacy. If even so much as a single PM ends up in his inbox against his wishes I'll ban the sender. Sorry to have to be so strict but as always there are a few folks who don't understand nice, so I have to be stricter than I'd like in order to get the message across to those people.

Most things should be discussed on the forum anyway. There's very little you should have to discuss with him via PM.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #958 on: November 21, 2008, 06:23:01 PM »
Did the member already join the forum, wxforecaster?

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 21, 2008, 06:26:49 PM »
No Vic, that's not him. wxforecaster is a meteorologist with NOAA.