May 04, 2024, 05:50:18 AM

Author Topic: Comcast Sucks.  (Read 75086 times)

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Comcast Sucks.
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2008, 06:43:43 PM »
Hmm, that's interesting. It doesn't affect me, but it may affect my grandmother, who lives in West Virginia and has Comcast. I wonder what affect, if any, this would have on the STAR's these systems have?  :unsure:

Offline shadyjay

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 1002
  • SD Channel #: 2
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2008, 10:37:33 PM »
Here's my experience with Comcast.........
Last fall, I got a notice saying more channels were getting moved to digital cable.  I was a subscriber of internet and "standard" service (full lineup of analog channels - no premium or digital service).  After seeing that notice, I reduced my service to "basic".  By this time, they had rearranged channels so that TWC would be a basic channel.  When I called to reduce my service and they asked why, I said because the channels were being removed and the price was going up.  Their counteroffer ---- hope you're sitting down for this....... "what if we offered you phone service?"   LMFAO!   If they offered digital cable for XX% off for XX months, I would have considered it.  So I got reduced to basic service.  Now I get another notice in the mail today saying 8 more channels are being moved to digital... and not just regular channels, but news stations like MSNBC and regional network NECN.  Think my price is going to go down?   Nope.  The explanation for the removal of channels given in the notice:  so that we can offer you new services, more HD choices, and faster internet.  WTF!!  Come on Comcast.......
(obviously they want everyone to go digital to get even more $$$ out of us).

Basic service (some 15 channels or so) and internet costs me $65+ a month.  Still too much, given the constant channel dropping.  But I'm gonna stay strong and not fall into the digital trench... unless they start moving all the broadcast channels and TWC to digital only.  Then you're gonna see more p'd off folk.

And if that weren't enough (oh yes, there's a little more).....
TWC is now off the air, with only the local commercials airing at :15 and :45.  Nothing but a blank screen.  Thank god this didn't happen on Tuesday.... tornado watches, warnings and such on the XL... vid coming next week.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2008, 02:23:01 PM »
When I called to reduce my service and they asked why, I said because the channels were being removed and the price was going up.  Their counteroffer ---- hope you're sitting down for this....... "what if we offered you phone service?"
WTF?  :wacko:

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2008, 02:52:45 PM »
Shadyjay - we experienced the same problem.

Earlier this year, my great grandmother, 89, who lives in an old-age home in Penn Hills, lost all the channels she watches. See, she had the basic package, which has about 18 channels, and ran her about $14.99/month, and that price hasn't changed since Comcast took over AT&T Broadband years ago. Then, all of a sudden, she, along with the other older folks in her home, got a message stating they would be loosing EWTN (religious channel), along with QVC and HSN. Now, every person in her building is GLUED to and LIVES OFF OF EWTN, as well as QVC and HSN. They also removed the TV Guide Network and MSNBC. All these channels were moving to the 150s, which require subscribers to rent a digital box to get them, as well as the Digital Classic level of service... which many residents can't afford. So, by removing 5 channels, they were still able to increase the price of basic cable to $19.99.

We contacted the PA Attorney General's office, but they said the claim was pretty much useless, so we let it go.

In the end, the building she lives in ended up subscribing to the digital classic level itself, so non-affording residents could watch Daily Mass on EWTN down in the general sitting area on the TV in that room. Very nice of them to do that.

Shows what ASS HOLES Comcast are. They take channels away but raise the price.  :furious: :angry: :wacko:

Offline shadyjay

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1002
  • SD Channel #: 2
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2008, 11:07:40 PM »
Those are the exact channels that are now being removed.  I cannot complain if they take away "standard" channels however taking away basic channels is just wrong. 

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2008, 10:44:59 AM »
LMFAO!!! We're getting a year of FREE HBO, SHOtime, and Encore because we tried to cancel our service! :rofl2: And of course, my dad, the cheapo, took the offer.  :rolleyes:

Seriously, they've been dropping channels like crazy. There is simply no telling how much Comcast sucks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 10:47:45 AM by Gil »
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2008, 11:37:08 AM »
Hell I woulda taken that offer too!  :lol:

Offline tpirfan28

• Ultimate Member
  • Site Designer Extraordinare!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2008, 09:21:58 AM »

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2008, 10:42:43 AM »
That's not a channel I'd want to watch, though. They need to put GSN, Weatherscan, QVC among others in the basic lineup!

Offline TheRolyPoly

• Changing Newscasts - Founder, Owner, Blogposter / NPR Lover and Affiliate: 91.3 WLRN-FM / Public Media Fans
  • Ultimate Member
  • The Latest News about Local Newscasts.
    • View Profile
    • Changing Newscasts
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2008, 10:56:54 AM »
Why QVC?
Roly (Twitter: @itsTheRolyPoly)
https://changingnewscasts.wordpress.com (Twitter: @ChangeNewsBlog)
Public Media Fans (Twitter: @PubMediaFans)
PBS and NPR in Miami = WPBT 2 (main), WLRN-TV 17 (secondary) and WXEL 42 (plus to WPBT) plus 91.3 WLRN-FM
https://seriousxm.substack.com (Twitter: @SeriousXM_News)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2008, 12:12:25 PM »
Comcast got rid of Weatherscan in Atlantic City. My friend has digital cable and Weatherscan eas included in the digital cable package. Now channel 101 is just a blank screen :(

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2008, 12:23:12 PM »
Comcast got rid of Weatherscan in Atlantic City. My friend has digital cable and Weatherscan eas included in the digital cable package. Now channel 101 is just a blank screen :(
Yeah, I saw that too when I went down last month. It said something along the lines of "Weatherscan is not available, please call for assistance." My guess is that it was moved to a higher tier.

I just hope this doesn't mean I'll be saying goodbye to Weatherscan here on basic cable. It's odd that it is, because Comcast doesn't even list it on their basic cable lineup. Even if they do get rid of it, I'll be seeing it again when I get FiOS in the coming months, although it won't be a truly local forecast (the downside of having FiOS).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 12:28:31 PM by MikeM2010 »

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »
Yeah look at 2:28 of my video and you'll see it:

Offline sonicdoommario

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245/845
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2008, 09:33:47 PM »
VICTOR!!!!!!!!!

I was browsing your Youtube channel. Did you REALLY switch to Comcast? I"m seeing crappy Intellistar videos now.

Does that mean no more monthly playlist videos?

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2008, 09:47:03 PM »
Yes I will still provide monthly playlist videos and

NO NO NO. I DO NOT HAVE COMCAST. FOR THE 10th TRAMMELLSTARKSAMILLIONTH TIME

I recorded the Intellistar clips from my FRIENDS house. They have Comcast!