April 27, 2024, 10:10:57 AM

Author Topic: Wake Up With Al  (Read 201651 times)

Offline Travis(:

• View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Wake Up With Al
« Reply #765 on: April 16, 2012, 04:05:43 AM »
No see v1 lasted from 2004-2007 On August 15th 2005 it just got a new background for the relaunch. No new first outlook graphics :( guess twc will just be like fox news and relaunch show graphics months or years apart from each other.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #766 on: April 16, 2012, 06:07:35 AM »
HOLY COW! That was a nice relaunch for WUWA! I really love the new graphics :thrilled:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #767 on: April 16, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »
Just caught the intro at 8am MT-wow, I agree! Sharp looking! Very sharp! Anyone catch YWT? I couldn't will myself to wake up that early today.  :bleh:

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #768 on: April 16, 2012, 10:06:07 AM »
Just caught the intro at 8am MT-wow, I agree! Sharp looking! Very sharp! Anyone catch YWT? I couldn't will myself to wake up that early today.  :bleh:

As stated in the the YWT Relaunch thread, I'll post one of the two versions in that thread later. I'll try to get the one that includes Stephanie and Mike tomorrow.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 16, 2012, 11:28:06 AM »

As stated in the the YWT Relaunch thread, I'll post one of the two versions in that thread later. I'll try to get the one that includes Stephanie and Mike tomorrow.

Was not a aware there was a YWT relaunch thread.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 16, 2012, 11:47:16 AM »

Was not a aware there was a YWT relaunch thread.

That's because you keep posting right above it, everytime I make a post in there. :P
https://twctodayforums.com/forums/programming/ywt-relaunch/

NintenGamers Nation

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #771 on: April 16, 2012, 04:49:48 PM »
Was the 10am ET hour all old from 6am or did Stephanie do live updated forecast segments?

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #772 on: April 16, 2012, 06:43:07 PM »
I'm being confused here... is WUWA going to have both Al and Stephanie in NYC? Or is this a temporary thing?

Honestly, this is a better way than having Al in NYC and Stephanie in ATL. Having Steph go to NYC frequently was just crazy.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 16, 2012, 08:09:50 PM »
I'm being confused here... is WUWA going to have both Al and Stephanie in NYC? Or is this a temporary thing?

Honestly, this is a better way than having Al in NYC and Stephanie in ATL. Having Steph go to NYC frequently was just crazy.

It's supposed to be an experiment to see how it works out, but it'll probably become permanent. Mike will also be moving to NYC with Stephanie for YWT.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 16, 2012, 08:13:13 PM »
Heres the relaunch video for interest :biggrin:

Wake Up With Al Relaunch - April 16, 2012
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 16, 2012, 10:41:55 PM »

Man, I can't get over how attractive those graphics are. Like, these and YWT's are the most attractive I've seen since 2003-2005, IMO. They're so clean and professional looking. They bring the human element back into it! And the music really fits, IMO. I just really wish that this "theme" eventually crosses over to the other shows. It's a great look.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 16, 2012, 11:36:06 PM »

Awesome!  Everything looks so fresh, sharp! :biggrin:  It's definietely a move in the right direction.  If they could only re-launch all of their programming now. :hmm: 

Maybe they should move all their shows to NY if the graphics for them are going to look this nice. :fear:

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 17, 2012, 12:06:38 PM »

Man, I can't get over how attractive those graphics are. Like, these and YWT's are the most attractive I've seen since 2003-2005, IMO. They're so clean and professional looking. They bring the human element back into it! And the music really fits, IMO. I just really wish that this "theme" eventually crosses over to the other shows. It's a great look.

Indeed it is, but they don't give a crap about any other shows besides their precious YWT and WUWA. (and WCL to an extent.) It comes off as very selfish that they put all the work and effort into those shows, but they don't bother to do anything with the others. It makes it look tacky to have show graphics from 2008 mixed in with show graphics from 2012. They need to do an entire relaunch of all the shows.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 17, 2012, 01:17:52 PM »

Indeed it is, but they don't give a crap about any other shows besides their precious YWT and WUWA. (and WCL to an extent.) It comes off as very selfish that they put all the work and effort into those shows, but they don't bother to do anything with the others. It makes it look tacky to have show graphics from 2008 mixed in with show graphics from 2012. They need to do an entire relaunch of all the shows.

I disagree with the line in your statement I bolded. It's not selfish if it's their own network. In the long run, the only people they are "hurting" are themselves by  not having a unified, cohesive brand and image. Yes, it looks tacky, and I agree that they should relaunch. However, selfish is not the appropriate word. I know that I would not appreciate it if, after putting hours and hours of legitimate hard work into two shows that pull in huge ratings numbers for my network, someone had the audacity to call me "selfish" for solidifying a core and base I can build off of. I'm sure the other shows will get theirs in due time. If they don't, it's the channel's own loss.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 17, 2012, 01:58:11 PM »
Selfish wasn't the best word to use, in fact, I probably should have said unfair or wrong , but my point was they could be trying to build a better base with the other shows as well. YWT and WUWA are already highly successful, they don't really need to keep everything exclusive to them. Also, my post wasn't criticism of the team of graphic designers who worked on rebranding those two shows, I think they did a fantastic job. I just wish the network itself acted as if they cared about all their live programmed shows. I mean just look at how PM Edition got shafted for a pointless extra hour of WeatherCenter Live. They invest more work and effort into making spiffy and flashy little promos for their new longform programming than the live programming shows outside of WUWA and YWT which is truly sad and yet they wonder why these shows have paltry and low ratings :rolleyes:, it's because they keep them stale and monogamous. I do agree that it's the network's own loss if they want it to be this way, but I stand by my statement that it's tacky.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:13:12 PM by Weatherlover »

NintenGamers Nation