April 28, 2024, 08:03:52 AM

Author Topic: Wake Up With Al  (Read 201746 times)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Wake Up With Al
« Reply #735 on: April 06, 2012, 05:12:23 PM »
Excuse me for this, but why in the f@$% didn't they do this in the place? They knew Al wouldn't be able to fly down to Atlanta every day or every other day when he's on the TODAY show and vice versa for Stephanie. I always felt the whole thing of having them in two different studios in two different cities was incredibly stupid from the very beginning, but I digress.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #736 on: April 06, 2012, 05:13:22 PM »
So they want her to have one hour of programming with a physical host and 3 hours of a virtual host instead of one hour of a virtual host and 3 hours of a physical host? :unsure: (if you know what I mean)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 06, 2012, 05:18:46 PM »
So they want her to have one hour of programming with a physical host and 3 hours of a virtual host instead of one hour of a virtual host and 3 hours of a physical host? :unsure: (if you know what I mean)
I get what you're sayin', but this whole "experimentation" thing nearly 3 years after the fact is still dumb to me. It seems like something they should have tried the first week or at least the first few months.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #738 on: April 06, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »
I agree it makes sense for Wake Up With Al but it makes no sense for Your Weather Today to have two OCMs in different locations.
Since Maria LaRosa is losing her weekend shift after this weekend I wonder if they might move her to YWT?

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #739 on: April 08, 2012, 12:45:28 PM »
Hi, all.  Long time no post, haha.

I think that Abrams anchoring along with Al is a great idea.  However, I don't like the idea of her co-anchoring Your Weather Today from New York.  Makes no sense to me.  If TWC does like the "chemistry" of Al and Steph in the same room and make it permanent, then what's going to happen to Your Weather Today.  Will that turn in to what WUWA used to be, one anchor in Atlanta, one in New York?

Maria La Rosa would be a fantastic YWT candidate if they would look to replace Steph.  However, I don't see Steph leaving YWT.  It shall be interesting to see what happens.

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 08, 2012, 04:59:25 PM »
Stephanie Abrams was on The Today Show Sunday so I would guess her doing WUWA from NYC starts Monday.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #741 on: April 09, 2012, 03:53:17 AM »
It's all about NBC having their cake and eating it too. They want Al Roker to have his own weather show but still able to do the Today show. Lets just be thankful they are comfortable experimenting with one OCM rather than packing up the studios and shipping them to NYC.

I am disappointed that Steph and Mike wont be physically together but after their..... lets just say bumpy personal relationship.... I think they might both be more comfortable.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 09, 2012, 08:41:58 AM »
It's all about NBC having their cake and eating it too. They want Al Roker to have his own weather show but still able to do the Today show. Lets just be thankful they are comfortable experimenting with one OCM rather than packing up the studios and shipping them to NYC.

I am disappointed that Steph and Mike wont be physically together but after their..... lets just say bumpy personal relationship.... I think they might both be more comfortable.

I think this will probably happen eventually.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 09, 2012, 12:06:56 PM »
I'm not so sure about this because of the expense of having to build an entire new studio and control room for The Weather Channel in NYC.
What could happen is they move or remodel to have a much nicer studio for Wake Up With Al.
The space they are in now seems very small.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #744 on: April 12, 2012, 09:52:25 PM »
EDIT: I didn't want go through and bring up an old thread, so I posted this here.

This is for YWT, but related to WUWA's situation. MIKE is now in NY too for rehearsals for YWT live from New York?

Stephanie Abrams "Yay! My work husband Mike Bettes finally made it to NYC! Rehearsing for YWT live from NY Monday!"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150801766559595&set=a.299917009594.180665.125943279594&type=1&theater
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:56:12 PM by Donovan »

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 12, 2012, 10:06:45 PM »
That would explain why he wasn't there this morning I suppose. If this becomes a permanent thing they might as well have Al, Steph, and Mike host WUWA and let Eric and Jen host YWT. I don't think there's a need for Mike and Steph to still be hosting YWT when they're in NY hosting WUWA, but I digress as always. :itsok:

NintenGamers Nation

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 12, 2012, 10:27:02 PM »
That would explain why he wasn't there this morning I suppose. If this becomes a permanent thing they might as well have Al, Steph, and Mike host WUWA and let Eric and Jen host YWT. I don't think there's a need for Mike and Steph to still be hosting YWT when they're in NY hosting WUWA, but I digress as always. :itsok:

Well, Tavores, Donovan and I have been talking about this.  Notice how on the Facebook page it says Mike will be rehearsing with Steph for "YWT Live."  (And I don't know what the live is for...are they going to add live after all of their live-programming shows now?)  Anyway, we think that viewers have really liked the NYC-setting of WUWA, and so NBC/TWC are all over this and will now bring YWT from an NYC-setting, re-pairing up the highly-rated pair of Mike and Steph.

It is possible that both Steph and Mike are now permanently in NYC, but I certainly do not know this for sure.  I would appreciate if someone can confirm what I'm saying, or bash me over the head for completely false information. :P

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 12, 2012, 11:31:03 PM »
If they are going to do WUWA and YWT from NYC then they really need a better studio.
They adjusted the lighting for this morning and it was to bright with a bad glare on the big monitor on and the LCD monitor.

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: CableOne
  • HD Channel #: 1333
  • HD WxStar ID #: Unknown
  • SD Channel #: 333
« Reply #748 on: April 13, 2012, 12:51:35 AM »
If they are going to do WUWA and YWT from NYC then they really need a better studio.
They adjusted the lighting for this morning and it was to bright with a bad glare on the big monitor on and the LCD monitor.

I agree. There studio is too small for 2 people to host. They should never send Stephanie and Mike to NYC because they don't belong there. If they will be in NYC permanently, both of them have to relocate, buy a new house and talk with there family if there going to move with them which cost $.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 13, 2012, 12:59:21 AM »

I agree. There studio is too small for 2 people to host. They should never send Stephanie and Mike to NYC because they don't belong there. If they will be in NYC permanently, both of them have to relocate, buy a new house and talk with there family if there going to move with them which cost $.

Well, I don't want to get into too much private information, but I have heard that Mike has been MIA for about three weeks or so.  This could be enough time for a move; maybe he's already there. :thinking:  I have no idea, and probably never will know since we're not allowed to exchange private information like this.