April 27, 2024, 09:42:49 AM

Author Topic: Wake Up With Al  (Read 201651 times)

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
Re: Wake Up With Al
« Reply #450 on: October 15, 2009, 05:00:21 AM »
i actually fall asleep after WUWA comes on.. i guess it defeats the purpose of waking up.. ;) i would mention if it wasnt for the small bit of news that WUWA delivers, I would just know whats going on with the weather. its always great to know about the nasa launch being grounded or that crazy hat contest stuff.. haha..

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #451 on: October 15, 2009, 10:48:30 AM »
i actually fall asleep after WUWA comes on.. i guess it defeats the purpose of waking up.. ;) i would mention if it wasnt for the small bit of news that WUWA delivers, I would just know whats going on with the weather. its always great to know about the nasa launch being grounded or that crazy hat contest stuff.. haha..

I now watch it, then I sneeze.  :bleh: I just wait till 8 my time to turn on my TV.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #452 on: October 22, 2009, 06:28:08 AM »
Mike and Jen on this morning's WUWA. The show is also broadcasting entirely in TWC's studio for the first time.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #453 on: October 22, 2009, 06:43:34 AM »
Mike and Jen on this morning's WUWA. The show is also broadcasting entirely in TWC's studio for the first time.
Actually I think it's like the 2nd or 3rd time (including the reprises)...

Offline WXAndrea

• Tampa Weather Examiner
  • TWC Employee
    • View Profile
    • Tampa Weather Examiner
« Reply #454 on: October 23, 2009, 02:52:10 PM »
I wondered about that.  With the exception of Miley Cyrus and George Hamilton, most of the folks who wake up with Al are from NBC...

Not a bad show, in my opinion.  Both are very good personalities for the morning.  The only thing I don't understand is why they replay it later in the morning.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 23, 2009, 03:06:12 PM »
Not a bad show, in my opinion.  Both are very good personalities for the morning.  The only thing I don't understand is why they replay it later in the morning.

They play it again at 10 ET because it's 7 AM in the west (where I'm at).

hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

Offline ABC7

• Haven't watched TWC in 6 mos.!
  • Puddi Puddi!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 776
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27669
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #456 on: October 23, 2009, 06:30:27 PM »
I heard a generic vocal soft-rock song on the local forecast when I caught a few minutes of WUWA this morning. I wonder if that song is part of the WUWA rotation

Offline WXAndrea

• Tampa Weather Examiner
  • TWC Employee
    • View Profile
    • Tampa Weather Examiner
« Reply #457 on: October 23, 2009, 11:29:07 PM »

They play it again at 10 ET because it's 7 AM in the west (where I'm at).
True.  I guess I didn't really think about that, because when I was in Arizona, I'd work until about midnight or so, and catch part of it when I was going to sleep at 3 a.m.!  (6 a.m. EST)  That time will change when EST goes into daylight saving time and Arizona doesn't!

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #458 on: October 24, 2009, 10:13:53 AM »
I heard a generic vocal soft-rock song on the local forecast when I caught a few minutes of WUWA this morning. I wonder if that song is part of the WUWA rotation
The only time you'll hear vocals is during WUWA, which must be the case. God forbid if TWC/NBC decides to use vocals in the regular playlists

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 24, 2009, 11:47:41 AM »
The only time you'll hear vocals is during WUWA, which must be the case. God forbid if TWC/NBC decides to use vocals in the regular playlists

That would be devestating.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

Drobbins

« Reply #460 on: October 25, 2009, 12:27:49 PM »
I was looking for a place to contact TWC and came across this forum. I hope you all excuse me for needing a place to vent about WUWA. I have been a long time fan of TWC and have watched it regularly since it first came out. As you can see by my sig., I am very into the weather.

I have about lost all respect for the integrity of TWC with this "show". It comes on early in the morning and I have only seen it a few times. I guess it really wouldn't effect me if I could avoid it, but because of all its advertising, I can't. I am beginning to think that he gets more air time with the ads through out the day, than his show does. Does anyone from TWC visit this forum? Is ther a place to give them any feedback?

Well I feel a bit better. This looks like a forum that I should visit more often and hopefully not just to rant.  :biggrin:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 25, 2009, 01:36:03 PM »
I was looking for a place to contact TWC and came across this forum. I hope you all excuse me for needing a place to vent about WUWA. I have been a long time fan of TWC and have watched it regularly since it first came out. As you can see by my sig., I am very into the weather.

I have about lost all respect for the integrity of TWC with this "show". It comes on early in the morning and I have only seen it a few times. I guess it really wouldn't effect me if I could avoid it, but because of all its advertising, I can't. I am beginning to think that he gets more air time with the ads through out the day, than his show does. Does anyone from TWC visit this forum? Is ther a place to give them any feedback?

Well I feel a bit better. This looks like a forum that I should visit more often and hopefully not just to rant.  :biggrin:

Welcome, BTW! I definetly appreciate that. most of us here feel the same way you are, including myself. There are a couple TWC employees here but they don't visit too often.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

Offline skaloveexx33

• View Profile
    • n/a
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #462 on: October 25, 2009, 02:39:42 PM »

Welcome, BTW! I definetly appreciate that. most of us here feel the same way you are, including myself. There are a couple TWC employees here but they don't visit too often.
Welcome to TWC Today! And yes,I agree as well with the ads and publicity of WUWA.I hate the fact that they just "use" people to make it look like the show is really popular.I mean,come on.Do you really believe that Miley Cyrus or Amy Poehler wakes up with Al? I don't.The show is not all that great,and I'm still mad that they cut into FO.I love FO,but I can't watch it anymore because it's on so early.And it ends even earlier,and there's no way I can get up that early.And beside WUWA,TWC has just been going downhill.A good example:2 weeks ago,when the whole "Balloon Boy" story came up,TWC did non-stop coverage of it for 4 HOURS.Even news stations didn't cover it for THAT long.TWC that is occurring today is not the one I began watching almost 3 years ago.It was much better back then. :thumbdown:
MD/VA

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #463 on: October 25, 2009, 02:59:28 PM »

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!! :) We all have been quite disappointed by TWC over the past year or so. No need to apologize for venting... we all have at some point! ;) Feel free to say hi and introduce yourself here if you have a moment! :)  https://twctodayforums.com/forums/index.php/topic,2550.0.html

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #464 on: October 25, 2009, 06:19:11 PM »

I should join in in welcoming you. Welcome to TWC "not yesterday" :P :wave:
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond