May 05, 2024, 02:53:33 PM

Author Topic: New Graphics coming to TWC  (Read 269112 times)

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: New Graphics coming to TWC
« Reply #210 on: November 01, 2013, 05:38:32 PM »
the TWC logo is no longer blue it's more of a green tint.

I'm sure all of you have seen the green TWC logo that they use for Earth Day and such.  I wonder if this new logo is one step closer to a permanent green logo.  I prefer green, anyway, so it wouldn't bother me.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:40:54 PM by Metarvo »

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 01, 2013, 08:33:43 PM »

I'm sure all of you have seen the green TWC logo that they use for Earth Day and such.  I wonder if this new logo is one step closer to a permanent green logo.  I prefer green, anyway, so it wouldn't bother me.

I doubt it (and hope not).  The greenish color they use for "Green is Universal Week" is way too bright, IMO - like a lime green.  It needs to be toned down a little.  I, however, like the color used in the opener that was posted.  A nice little change from the typical dark blue.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #212 on: November 01, 2013, 08:56:51 PM »

I doubt it (and hope not).  The greenish color they use for "Green is Universal Week" is way too bright, IMO - like a lime green.
There goes Andy complaining about the shade of green they use on air again.. that never gets old  :bleh:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #213 on: November 01, 2013, 09:01:42 PM »
Here's my judgement: The blue shall remain as is. So no one must challenge! That is all. Higher power has spoken. :bleh:

Although I gotta admit I'm kinda diggin' that greenish-blue logo on the previous page... :P

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Tim198

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2013, 08:57:35 AM »
It looks like TWC's cutting back even more on weekends. Starting November 16th, they'll be no live programming at all after 2PM.

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2013, 11:02:37 AM »
It looks like TWC's cutting back even more on weekends. Starting November 16th, they'll be no live programming at all after 2PM.
Not even a 9PM show? Or, is it too far out? Either way, don't over due longform TWC! I don't want you in another Dish dispute and almost lose you again! Unless, Weather All The Time fills our longform needs. We won't know that until it starts.

On the other hand, watched the end of 9PM WCL last night and Chris was doing the regluar longform intro, then he said weather updates will be at least every 30 min. So maybe the updates will be more frequent when needed?

Offline weatherfan_2013

• TWC Fan 2005 - 2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2013, 11:54:50 AM »

Not even a 9PM show? Or, is it too far out? Either way, don't over due longform TWC! I don't want you in another Dish dispute and almost lose you again! Unless, Weather All The Time fills our longform needs. We won't know that until it starts.

On the other hand, watched the end of 9PM WCL last night and Chris was doing the regluar longform intro, then he said weather updates will be at least every 30 min. So maybe the updates will be more frequent when needed?
Are you kidding me? I really hope this is an error. If not we better have an L bar 24/7 and local on the 8s every 10 minutes. Also the jazz and instrumentals and no vocals unless its just wuwa. How come I ask TWC a simple yes or no question and dont respond at all? Very bad costumer support. Plus this schedule is really  :censored: up.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2013, 01:11:36 PM »

Since when did WCL start at 9? I thought it was always at 10 after longform :huh:

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2013, 01:48:34 PM »

Since when did WCL start at 9? I thought it was always at 10 after longform :huh
9PM Central. Sorry

Offline Tim198

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 02, 2013, 04:14:13 PM »

I forgot to mention also that all the weekend programs - Sunrise Weather, Weekend View and Weekend Now are being cancelled and replaced by Weather Center.

Offline Star4000 Fan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • SD Channel #: 56
« Reply #220 on: November 02, 2013, 05:15:39 PM »
After seeing some of these posts, especially on the programming part, it basically removes any chance of my seeing live TWC as I know it.  I mean 5 to 8pm with live weather and then reality shows until 4am?  Come on!
It's turning into a national version of a kind of AccuWeather channel where there are probably TAPED clips of meteorologists.

I would actually drop everything to see 10pm with even a tropical update with live people and they are taking that away?  :dunno:

Offline ap215

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 02, 2013, 06:28:19 PM »
Surely they must have a backup plan in case there's volatile weather here across the globe or any part of the day and/or night during the week at least i hope they do.

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 214
« Reply #222 on: November 02, 2013, 06:44:07 PM »
:thumbdown:

What on earth?  Between the lack of weekend shows other than WCL and the lack of live shows period after 2pm on weekends, I'm afraid the channel is going to be largely unwatchable on Saturdays and Sundays.  I'll watch any football game that's on sooner than that mess, even if there's no team I care about playing.  As far as their backup plan goes, I'm afraid we saw a little taste this spring, and it wasn't good.

This makes me wonder if one day Dave Schwartz's network will rise to prominence and start appearing on basic cable packages while TWC will become NatGeo Lite.  Weather watchers need a new channel to fill the void being left by TWC's transition to Longform Network.

:yawn:

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #223 on: November 02, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »
now we know where the phrase "Weather All The Time" came from  :(

Offline weatherfan_2013

• TWC Fan 2005 - 2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2013, 09:41:09 PM »
now we know where the phrase "Weather All The Time" came from  :(
Well after seeing a youtube of the ocm announcing changes coming in november they were talking about lot8s. Weather all time also most likely means frequent local on the 8s also. There advertising getting your weather 24/7. So maybe ocm's will cut in for maybe a winter weather update or things like that. It seems unethical to put all info in one L Bar. Plus radar is needed too. So I would calm down just a little bit as 8 hours of no local on the 8s is not ethical. Again it might seem repetitive me but crossing my fingers for Jazz and instrumentals.  :lol: