April 28, 2024, 01:47:48 PM

Author Topic: January 2010 Playlist  (Read 18399 times)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: January 2010 Playlist
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2010, 04:18:17 PM »
I dunno, I don't mind the John Williams stuff in there. THey just need to add more soundtrack music from composers like Horner, Goldsmith and Zimmer. You know, for balance. I mean, I liked Jurrasic Park, and the Winter olympics are just around the corner, but I would really like to hear stuff from, Oh I dunno, Planet Of The Apes? Star Trek movies? There's a lot of movies with suitable music for TWC
If the songs are not affiliated with BMI, then TWC can't license and air them.

Offline LFMusicFan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
  • SD Channel #: 61
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2010, 02:18:29 AM »
Anyone have a satellite LF of the morning Chris Geith song? I just discovered that my favorite morning song is his song (why of course!) All my favorite songs lately are unavailable...*sigh*
WeatherSTAR 4000 radar map - last updated 11/25/08 at 11:15 PM PDT

Youtube - Myspace - FileFront

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2010, 03:41:19 PM »
Anyone have a satellite LF of the morning Chris Geith song? I just discovered that my favorite morning song is his song (why of course!) All my favorite songs lately are unavailable...*sigh*
Yes. It's also one of my fav songs this month. Just wondering, has your interest in TWC music regained? It's been awhile since you posted in a playlist thread. :o

Offline LFMusicFan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2010, 04:26:40 PM »
Yes. It's also one of my fav songs this month. Just wondering, has your interest in TWC music regained? It's been awhile since you posted in a playlist thread. :o
I wouldn't say totally regained. A couple songs have sparked my interest though..

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2010, 04:50:24 PM »
I wouldn't say totally regained. A couple songs have sparked my interest though..
The non-jazz songs?

Offline LFMusicFan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2010, 04:51:50 PM »
The non-jazz songs?
A couple..

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2010, 03:55:42 PM »

Also, another problem with the recent music on TWC is that with the "smooth jazz" that is still playing, only past radio hits are being used, such as Breezin' by George Benson.  These kinds of songs are what sometimes gives "smooth jazz" its bad reputation as "elevator" music.  I think it would make more sense for TWC to dig deeper into the smooth jazz world and focus on playing artists they have used in the past, such as Pat Metheny, Spyro Gyra, Rippingtons, etc.  With the boring and forgettable kind of smooth jazz TWC is currently playing, they will only continue to drive the genre deeper into the ground.  Unfortunately, most people do not realize that contemporary jazz can be a very exciting genre if the right songs are chosen.
THANK YOU very much Sean! This is exactly what I was thinking this past week. It's great to see them bringing back smooth jazz on the list even though it's only for daytime but the songs they play all sound the same and are indeed not interesting. I missed nearly 2 weeks of hearing this list, and after hearing the list for a week, I quickly grew tired of it. Stone Groove and Breezin need to go. Lily Was Here by Candy Dulfer is a great song but they should stick to more indie and unavailable jazz not mainstream radio jazz songs. Also it seems that they have a shortage of smooth jazz CD's coming in. I recently complained about this to TWC and offered to send in CDs (with BMI artists) that I have on my own but much to my knowledge only the artists can send it due to licensing/acquisition issues. Also TWC is playing less rock. And to think TWC is leaning towards more rock now.  :whistling: But yeah...it would've been at least nice if they can bring back jazz on the daytime and overnight portions ( I mean seriously, who wants to listen to rock/pop in the overnight hours when you have many good "overnight-sounding" smooth jazz songs available). That way there would be an even mix. I really miss the old artists TWC used like Patrick Yandall, Doug Markley, Chris Ball, Miles Stiebel, Kyle Wolverton, etc..but they're not probably playing their music because as I said earlier, TWC will only stick to indie jazz on the daytime list and use previously used/mainstream jazz songs on the other dayparts. Those artists I mentioned above have great music that would've made it to other dayparts.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2010, 04:00:04 PM »

Also, another problem with the recent music on TWC is that with the "smooth jazz" that is still playing, only past radio hits are being used, such as Breezin' by George Benson.  These kinds of songs are what sometimes gives "smooth jazz" its bad reputation as "elevator" music.  I think it would make more sense for TWC to dig deeper into the smooth jazz world and focus on playing artists they have used in the past, such as Pat Metheny, Spyro Gyra, Rippingtons, etc.  With the boring and forgettable kind of smooth jazz TWC is currently playing, they will only continue to drive the genre deeper into the ground.  Unfortunately, most people do not realize that contemporary jazz can be a very exciting genre if the right songs are chosen.
THANK YOU very much Sean! This is exactly what I was thinking this past week. It's great to see them bringing back smooth jazz on the list even though it's only for daytime but the songs they play all sound the same and are indeed not interesting. I missed nearly 2 weeks of hearing this list, and after hearing the list for a week, I quickly grew tired of it. Stone Groove and Breezin need to go. Lily Was Here by Candy Dulfer is a great song but they should stick to more indie and unavailable jazz not mainstream radio jazz songs. Also it seems that they have a shortage of smooth jazz CD's coming in. I recently complained about this to TWC and offered to send in CDs (with BMI artists) that I have on my own but much to my knowledge only the artists can send it due to licensing/acquisition issues. Also TWC is playing less rock. And to think TWC is leaning towards more rock now.  :whistling: But yeah...it would've been at least nice if they can bring back jazz on the daytime and overnight portions ( I mean seriously, who wants to listen to rock/pop in the overnight hours when you have many good "overnight-sounding" smooth jazz songs available). That way there would be an even mix. I really miss the old artists TWC used like Patrick Yandall, Doug Markley, Chris Ball, Miles Stiebel, Kyle Wolverton, etc..but they're not probably playing their music because as I said earlier, TWC will only stick to indie jazz on the daytime list and use previously used/mainstream jazz songs on the other dayparts. Those artists I mentioned above have great music that would've made it to other dayparts.

The only reason TWC is still doing this is to please the non-loyal viewers for those dinky 2mins.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2010, 09:23:01 AM »
Any ideas on when the January playlist will come to a close, or will the current one continue all the way through February?

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2010, 02:22:47 PM »
Any ideas on when the January playlist will come to a close, or will the current one continue all the way through February?

Hopefully ending soon because i emailed Ms. Medori and she will get back to me when the playlist is finalized or running through February.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2010, 05:24:04 PM »
Judging how long the November list lasted, I for sure expect this playlist to go through at least the end of February... and I would not one bit be surprised if this list goes a week or two into March. I miss the old daze when we actually had monthly playlists  :cry3:
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2010, 05:26:14 PM »
Judging how long the November list lasted, I for sure expect this playlist to go through at least the end of February... and I would not one bit be surprised if this list goes a week or two into March. I miss the old daze when we actually had monthly playlists  :cry3:
i do too aaron :cry3:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2010, 05:27:55 PM »
i do too :cry3:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2010, 05:36:36 PM »
i do too :cry3:
Me too :cry3:

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2010, 05:37:40 PM »
Oh well....at least this playlist is better than some in the past! I could stand another month of it. It is indeed a shame TWC has dropped the monthly playlists